COMO Hotels and Resorts
PROFILE & PHILOSOPHY
COMO Hotels and Resorts celebrates individual spirit. Our hotels and resorts worldwide are entirely different from each other while sharing respect for exceptional cuisine, meaningful wellness, contemporary design, local culture, environment and service. We also strive to deliver experiences that are unique to you and the country you are visiting, from our city hotels in London, Miami Beach, Perth and Bangkok, to island retreats in the Maldives, Turks and Caicos and Phuket, from the wilds of Bhutan’s Himalayan valleys, to our wellness resort in Bali.
HISTORY IN TEN DATES
- COMO Hotels and Resorts grew out of a simple need: a hotel in which the owner Christina Ong herself would want to stay. She sought something intimate with a stylish soul where the service was intuitive, discreet and completely accurate–something that was of its place, but also with a distinct and personal character, where the food was healthy, technically precise and cooked with care. So, Mrs Ong created COMO The Halkin in London on a quiet street in Belgravia, in 1991.
- In December 1998, COMO Hotels and Resorts opened its first private island resort, in the Turks and Caicos – COMO Parrot Cay. This landmark opening brought COMO’s vision of privacy and stylish beach living to the Caribbean. COMO Parrot Cay is among the northern Caribbean’s most sought after private island resorts wrapped in sweeps of sand, where you can enjoy the region’s leading spa and health-giving cuisine. Accommodation in white and teak includes beachside villas with private pools. On virgin hinterland beyond Rocky Point lies Parrot Cay Estates. This collection of private villas offer guests the extreme privacy of a Caribbean luxury experience infused with discreet class and impeccable service.
- In July 2004, COMO Hotels and Resorts opened its first Uma property in Bali. Called COMO Uma Ubud, it has become the company’s inland retreat dedicated to Uma’s understated philosophy of quiet comfort in culturally rich locations. Our Uma properties (Uma: Sanskrit for ‘home, or house’) strive to transform tourists into travellers through immersion, participation and discovery into local culture and adventure.
- In January 2014, COMO Hotels and Resorts opened its second private island resort in the Maldives. COMO Maalifushi is the first and only resort to open on the unspoilt Thaa Atoll, in the archipelago’s southern reaches well regarded for its diving and surf breaks. To stay here is to experience the Maldives as wilderness, where the coral and marine life is rich and abundant. In addition to the diving, Thaa Atoll’s surf breaks are second to none. The spirit of place is reflected in the large garden villas and overwater suites with private pools. Tai is among the Indian Ocean’s finest Japanese restaurants, while ‘Play by COMO’ presents activities designed to capture children’s imagination.
- In December 2013, COMO Hotels and Resorts brought COMO’s vision of privacy and stylish beach living to Thailand with the opening of COMO Point Yamu in Phuket. With suites and pool villas by Italian design star Paola Navone, this resort has been celebrated for reinventing Phuket luxury. Poolside La Sirena serves Mediterranean-influenced and COMO Shambhala healthful cuisine, while Nahmyaa delivers all the punch and flavour of Thai street food. The location of the resort on a secluded east coast peninsula offers breathtaking views of Phang Nga Bay.
- On October 2015, COMO Hotels and Resorts opened COMO The Treasury in Perth, Western Australia. It is the company’s fifth city property. COMO The Treasury represents a historic moment for an iconic quarter at the state capital’s beating heart. The hotel occupies a group of late Victorian stone and brick buildings – known locally as the ‘State Buildings’ –which have played an important role in the city’s history for the past 140 years, serving variously as a post office, land titles office, and treasury.
SERANDIPIANS HOTEL PARTNERS
COMO Hotels and Resorts
6B Orange Grove Road
MORE ABOUT COMO Hotels and Resorts ORIENTATION
The COMO Shambhala experience combines Asian-based therapies, nutrition, exercise and yoga with a results-driven agenda managed by experts in holistic health. Weight loss, anti-ageing and stress management can all be addressed while staying in a spectacular part of the world. Facilities are state-ofthe-art and usually include yoga rooms, Pilates equipment, hydrotherapy and Ayurveda.
At COMO Hotels and Resorts, cuisine is a key element of the COMO experience. Refined over 25 years by leading chefs at COMO Hotels and Resorts, COMO Cuisine combines pleasure and luxury with flavour and balance. Our award-winning kitchens serve contemporary, flavoursome food that celebrates the culinary traditions and regional flavours of COMO’s destinations; from Australia, Bhutan, and the Caribbean, to Southeast Asia, Britain and America. Each dish embraces all that is seasonal, pure and sustainable, resulting in unique menus with a sense of place and belonging.
Carefully-sourced ingredients from each destination underpin the dishes. Matsutake mushrooms freshly harvested from the Himalayan forests, for example, herald the beginning of autumn at Bhutan’s COMO Uma Paro and COMO Uma Punakha, while dishes like sustainably-farmed conch with spicy mango and peanut relish strike a local, Caribbean note at COMO Parrot Cay. This approach ensures that each meal at COMO, whether in a celebratory group or a quiet room service dinner for the solo business traveller, is memorable, delicious and nourishing.
Also available at all COMO Hotels and Resorts is COMO Shambhala Cuisine, which complements the activities, treatments and approach to holistic wellness of COMO’s sister brand, COMO Shambhala. COMO Shambhala Cuisine employs specific cooking techniques to retain taste, texture and the nutritional integrity of ingredients, while the composition of each dish is designed to maximise both nutritional benefit and dining pleasure.
Selected COMO hotels also feature specialty restaurants, including the Michelin-starred Ametsa with Arzak Instruction at COMO The Halkin in London, nahm at COMO Metropolitan Bangkok, Nobu at COMO Metropolitan London, and Wildflower at COMO The Treasury in Perth, Australia
COMO Hotels and Resorts offers memorable travel experiences defined by accurate and intuitive service, elegant design, outstanding cuisine and a sense of wellbeing. A stay at a COMO hotel or resort offers more than just a holiday — it opens travellers to opportunities and inspirations in diverse parts of the world. At COMO, we strive to deliver experiences that are individual to you and the country you are visiting, from perennial city hotspots to off-beat destinations with distinct and memorable cultures.
- Conde Nast Traveler 2015
US Hot List, UK Hot List, China’s Hot List
- Travel + Leisure 2015
IT list, Southeast Asia IT list, China list
- Best New Luxury Hotels 2014
Luxury Travel Intelligence
- Five Star Alliance 2014
Best New Hotels
COMO Point Yamu
- Conde Nast Traveller
World’s Most Luxurious Bathrooms 2016
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2015
Top Hotels, Romance, Best Service and Luxury
- Five Star Kids
Top 10 Phuket Family Resorts 2015
- Conde Nast Traveller Gold List 2014
Best New Hotel
COMO Uma Ubud
- DestinAsian Readers’ Choice Awards 2017
Top 10 Best Boutique Hotels
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice 2017
Top 25 Hotels in Indonesia
Top 25 Hotels for Romance in Indonesia
Top 25 Hotels for Service in Indonesia
- Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2016
Top 40 Resorts in Asia
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice 2015
Top 25 Small Hotels in Indonesia
COMO Castello del Nero
- La Torre restaurant
1 Michelin Star 2018
2. Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Award 2017
Top Italian Hotels
3. Platinum List Award of American Airlines 2017
Celebrated Living magazine
COMO Parrot Cay
- Conde Nast Traveller 2017
The 20 best hotels in the Americas and Caribbean – Number 18
- Conde Nast Traveller 2017
Top Resorts in the Bahamas, Bermuda and Turks and Caicos: Reader’s Choice Awards – Number 4
- Spa & Wellness MexiCaribe 2017
Luxury Resort Spa Awards
- Lux Magazine Awards 2018
Best Luxury Hotel – Caribbean
COMO The Treasury
- 2017 AHA National Awards For Excellence
State Buildings – Best Hotel
Wildflower – Best Restaurant (Metropolitan)
- 2017 Qantas Business Travel Awards
Best Business Hotel
- 2017 Gourmet Traveller Hotel Awards
Best Mini-Bar – COMO The Treasury
- Conde Nast Traveler
Best Hotel in Australia and New Zealand – Readers’ Choice Awards 2017