ABOUT QUARK EXPEDITIONS
In 1991, Lars Wikander and Mike McDowell were two adventurers hankering to visit the North Pole. At the time, it was one of the few places they had never been. Once there, they were awestruck by the beauty and majesty of one of the last unspoiled places on earth.
Since that pioneering North Pole voyage in 1991, we’ve taken thousands of curious travelers to corners of the world that earlier generations could only dream of visiting. Along the way, we’ve achieved an unprecedented series of firsts in polar exploration and have led the way in polar expeditions, making the Arctic and Antarctica accessible to travelers from 50 countries around the world.
FEATURED ARCTIC EXPERIENCES
• Hike the tundra, visit an Inuit community and explore a breathtaking fjord system in East Greenland
• Marvel at the dramatic mountains and bird cliffs of Iceland’s oldest region
• Possibly view the enchanting northern lights (aurora borealis)
• Experience an in-depth exploration of Southern Greenland from land, sea and air with included helicopter excursions
• Participate in optional adventure options such as Alpine Kayaking, Greenland Camp Experience and Mountain Biking
• Explore the heart of the Northwest Passage in only 9 days
• Search for iconic Arctic wildlife, such as polar bears and muskoxen
• Experience incredible flightseeing and heli-landings
FEATURED ANTARCTIC EXPERIENCES
• Experience the fastest, most direct way to Antarctica
• Fly over the Drake Passage
• View whales, seabirds, penguins and astounding icebergs.
• See South Georgia’s incredible wildlife, including 30 breeding bird species and four penguin species
• Explore the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and foot (and helicopter activities on Ultramarine)
• Join us in December of 2021 and become one of the few people to ever witness a total solar eclipse from Antarctica!
• Explore the Antarctic Peninsula and South Georgia
Discovering the 7th Continent
• The easiest, worry-free way to experience Antarctica
• Experience abundant wildlife: penguins, seals, whales and more!
• Explore the world’s most remote, unspoiled and wildest continent.
Leader in Polar Adventures
Since 1991, our DNA has been about pushing and going further. This desire has brought more explorers to more places one can’t easily get to alone, for a quarter of a century.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
There is no substitute for expertise. Ours is so sought after, we actually set industry standards for safety. That’s the confidence you’ll feel on every Quark expedition.
PEOPLE & PASSION
Quark staff effortlessly share their knowledge
• with the enthusiasm of doing so for the first time
• resulting in deep, personal connections and enrichment at every turn.
SWEATING THE DETAILS
A polar trip is something that many people experience only once in a lifetime, so it has to be perfect. This is why we profoundly appreciate details, and why we sweat the small stuff.
Nature is in constant motion, and no company appreciates this more than Quark. Trying harder is tough work, but the moment we can show you something others can’t, it makes it all worthwhile.
BALANCING RISK & REWARD
Traveling to remote regions requires a profound understanding of risk versus reward. At Quark, we didn’t read the book on Polar Region safety— we authored it.
Sustainability has always been part of our DNA. Protecting the places we visit is necessary to ensure we can continue to introduce travelers to the spectacular beauty of the polar wilderness.
Arctic & Antarctica
New in 2021! Equipped with two twin-engine helicopters, Ultramarine, is designed to go beyond the familiar in polar exploration, to discover new places, and to immerse you in the best the region has to offer.
50 YEARS OF VICTORY
50 Years of Victory is the first Arktika-class icebreaker that can break through ice up to 9.2 feet (2.5 meters) thick!
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only is it among our fastest ships, but it is also one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht, and one of the largest of our small expedition ships. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, and with two stabilizers and an ice-strengthened hull, this outstanding vessel is ideal for polar expeditions.
Arctic & Antarctica
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favorite among guests and crew who’ve appreciated the charm and intimacy of this 128-passenger vessel.