54 on Bath,
54 on Bath
54 Bath Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg
Southern Sun Hotel Interests Pty Ltd
Privately Owned – Listed company
Date of Creation
23 Dec 1996
Hotel General Manager
Catia Viegas has been with the Tsogo Sun Hotel group for 19 years and has worked in several of these hotels within (South Africa and Mozambique) across a multitude of our brands. Catia has been with 54 on Bath since February 2016 and certainly brings a dynamic, personal and intimate flair to the hotel.
Catia is well revered in the industry speaking both English & Portuguese.
5 Star Boutique Hotel
To consistently provide a 5 star experience with intuitive service to each of our guests whilst attending to all of theirneeds and ensuring their stay is both personal & memorable.
54 on Bath
History & Story
This magnificently historic & aesthetically glorious building was completely restored in 2012. Situated in the leafy Johannesburg suburb of Rosebank, where art galleries and trendy sidewalk café’s are the place to be seen, 54 on Bath offers its guests a signature blend of luxury, style, and intuitive service – ensuring the highest levels of comfort for travellers.
The hotel was purchased by Tsogo Sun in 2012, and fully refurbished.
David Muirhead, of David Muirhead & Associates.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Hotel guests are offered a choice of luxury accommodation in one of Johannesburg’s most beautiful suburbs. Choose from 75 elegantly decorated rooms, comprising of 60 deluxe standard rooms, 12 executive rooms and 3 luxury suites. Each en-suite room provides a host of amenities, including 24-hour room service, DStv, direct-dial telephones, Espressomachine, mini-bar and complimentary WiFi. The hotel offers a hot a-la-carte breakfast as well as a magnificent high tea with imported teas served on the terrace, in the gardens or in the restaurant. It also features an intimate & luxurious champagne bar overlooking our beautiful gardens and the city skyline. Suites have private balconies and outdoor sitting areas.
Rosebank is a cosmopolitan and residential suburb to the north of central Johannesburg, South Africa. The hotel is only 300 metres away from the Gautrain Rosebank Station, providing delegates with a direct connection to O.R. Tambo International Airport via a safe, luxury speed train. The hotel is also connected by a sky bridge to the newly-renovated and upmarket Rosebank Mall providing guests with a magnificent shopping experience. The adjacent Rosebank Roof Top Market (one of the largest craft markets in South Africa) is open on Sundays offering local crafts and makes for an incredible experience with cultural artists and artisan foods.
Key sites/activities in the area
Nearby attractions include sophisticated shopping malls like Sandton City, the newly refurbished Rosebank Mall, Melrose Arch and Nelson Mandela Square, with a host of shops, restaurants, cinemas& nightlife. It is also in close proximity to the Gautrain rapid rail system and the Sandton Convention Centre, museums, golf courses, art galleries and theatres.
• 54 on Bath’s has hosted several celeb’sover the years. The roof garden can be used for small intimate functions and provides the idealsetting for a cocktail functions &special afternoon High Tea’s.
• The hotel is connected to the Rosebank Mall via our 2nd floor. (This entrance is reserved for hotel guests only).The adjacent Rosebank Roof Top Market (one of the largest craft markets in South Africa) is open on Sundays offering local crafts and makes for an incredible experience with local cultural artists and artisan foods.
• The hotel does not have family rooms as such (2 double beds) however roll away beds can be requested for small children, subject to availability.
• Cots can also be requested at the time of making the reservation.
• Number of suites: 3
• Luxury Suites offer guests a separate lounge and dining area. These suites occupy the corners of the upper most floor all with private balconies.
• Number of Executive rooms:12
• Executive rooms offer guests a kingbed, en-suite bathroom, private guest bathroom and separate lounge and dining area.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 75
• Each guest room offers a range of amenities which include an executive desk, complimentary WiFi, an espresso machine, and an en-suite bathroom with separate bath and shower. The hotel has a total of 60 Deluxe Rooms.
• A nightly turn down service
• A romantic turndown is available for honeymooners / anniversaries
Restaurants & Bars
• Level Four Restaurant at 54 on Bath, offers guests distinctive fine dining in Johannesburg. The menu combines classic cuisine with contemporary influences. Headed up by Executive Chef Matthew Foxon, the menu features his bold signature style and distinctive flair, ensuring a memorable culinary experience.
•The hotel offers an extensive wine list with several auctioned wines also on offer.
• Breakfast served includes a hot a la carte.
• Thehotel uses the ‘Planet Fitness’ gymnasium located in the Rosebank Mall and easily accessible via a skywalk
• The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool (not heated)
• Private Spa treatments can be arranged in your room through a preferred outsourced company
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Six well-appointed, elegant & luxurious meeting rooms (with the largest seating up to 120 guests) are located on the second floor of the hotel. Each venue is designed to provide flexible space and can accommodate various layouts – from cinema to schoolroom style, cocktail or banqueting.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Rated #7 on ‘Tripadvisor’ for the best hotels in South Africa Category out of 20 hotels
• Diners Club Award for the ‘Fine Dining category’
Number of employees