Km 12, Route de Ouarzazate BP 2405
Poste Principale de Gueliz, Marrakech 40000
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Nicolas Ilickovic
5-star Luxury lifestyle hotel
History & Story
Amanjena (peaceful paradise) is located just outside the ancient city of Marrakech. Set within an oasis of palms and olive trees, Moorish heritage is reflected throughout the pisé-walled resort, including the guest pavilions that radiate out from an ancient bassin, echoing the style of a sultan’s palace. Amanjena offers a variety of guided excursions on foot, bicycle or private car into the medina, the souk and squares, palaces, gardens and craft shops of ancient Marrakech.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A tranquil retreat, Amanjena reflects the region’s Moorish heritage in every graceful arch, stone courtyard and rose petal-strewn fountain, its sun-paled red walls and reflective pools paying homage to North Africa’s stark beauty and rich history.
The property is located just a 15-minute drive outside the ancient Moroccan city of Marrakech on the southern road to Ouarzazate, the gateway to the Sahara Desert. The High Atlas Mountains claim the Marrakech horizon and the Atlantic coast is just two hours away.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Hiking in the High Atlas Mountains
• Golf courses
• Quad biking
• Koutoubia Minaret
• Place Djemaa el-Fna
The property does not have a children’s club but our youngest guests are very welcome and can find tailor made activities thanks to our Concierge team. A baby-sitting service is also available upon request.
• 18 Pavilions (175 sqm): Views of golf course or olive grove.
• 6 Pavilion Bassin (175 sqm): Sweeping views over central bassin and features a combined bedroom and living area with king-sized bed.
• 8 Pool Pavilions (220 sqm): Sweeping views over central basin and features a 25-metre heated pool.
• 4 Maisons (360 sqm): Features two bedrooms over two storeys and a 26-metre heated pool.
• 3 Maison Jardin (572 sqm): Features two bedrooms over two storeys, a private garden and a 26-metre heated pool
• 1 Al Hamra Maison (1’130 sqm): Features two ground-floor bedrooms with king-sized beds, an expansive private garden, two Minzah pavilions for outdoor lounging and a 26-metre heated pool
Restaurants & Bars
• Japanese Restaurant, serves informal izakaya-style Japanese cuisine and features a sushi bar and a robata grill
• Mediterranean Restaurant, features a menu inspired by culinary traditions of Morocco, Sicily, France and Spain.
• Pool Terrace, serves light meals and refreshments and enjoys views of olive groves, fairways and the High Atlas Mountains
• The Lounges, one serves afternoon tea, the other cigars, drinks and shisha
• The Bar, offers an atmospheric setting for pre- and post-dinner drinks
• Caidal Tent, serves traditional Moroccan fare and is available for romantic private dining or special events
• The Spa offers four private treatment rooms and is a peaceful sanctuary for relaxation. Two Turkish-style hammams are also available.
• The Fitness Centre displays a selection of cardiovascular and weight- training equipment.
• Amanjena’s 33-meter heated outdoor swimming pool is finished in glittering green tiles of écaille de poisson-cut zellij.
Corporate & Celebration Events
A dedicated team can assist with organising private events to your exact needs, from weddings to anniversary celebrations and birthday parties, with venues ranging from intimate dining rooms to large events in the gardens for up to 150 guests.
Extra Notable Features
• Golf: The Amelkis Golf Course lies alongside Amanjena and The Royal and Al Maaden Golf Courses are just a few minutes’ drive from the resort.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Gallivanters: Best resort of the African Continent