Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
Sultanate of Oman
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
PO Box 110, Postal Code 621Al Jabal Al Akhdar, Nizwa,
Sultanate of Oman
Minor Hotels/ Anantara
Limited Liability Company
Date of Creation
October 1, 2016
Hotel General Manager
Darren Darwin is the General Manager of Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar in Oman. A highly accomplished hospitality professional with over 26 years’ experience, Darren has worked on the pre-opening of several luxury and upscale hotels around the world.
The highest luxury resort in the Middle East and amongst the highest in the world.
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort is Anantara’s first entry into the Sultanate of Oman with the highest luxury resort in the Middle East perched 2,000 metres above sea level. Anantara now has the strongest luxury presence in Oman with two properties launched and further developments on-going.
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort
History & Story
Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort’s journey began in March 2014 with the ceremony laying the foundations of the resort. On October 1 2016 the resort opened to the public on the curvin grim of a great canyon, a secluded haven for the intrepid and discerning. Guests hover over an extreme landscape of rugged beauty while they discover a cultured treasury of authentic indulgences and immersions in the destination’s rich heritage. The highest luxury resort in the Middle East and amongst the highest in the world, Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort is a luxurious base from which to explore this extraordinary corner of Oman.
Recently open last October 2016
Main Strengths, Special Touch
1. The highest luxury resort in the Middle East and amongst the highest in the world, Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort is a luxurious base from which to explore this extraordinary corner of Oman.
2. Diana, Princess of Wales visitedthis site with Prince Charles on a six hourday trip in November 1986. Tracing their steps, we have chosen the mostidyllic view point to build a platform for Diana’s Point. As you stand timelessly where Diana once was, you can imagine her there and how she must have felt sublime in the grandeur of nature.
3. Surrounded by majestic mountains and enjoying cool temperatures throughout the year.
4. 33 villas grant guests an intimate escape each with personal villa host services and a private infinity pool overlooking the cliffs or hidden in an exotic garden.
5. The six restaurants and lounges features superb design, with the signature restaurant, Al Qalaa, housed in a free-standing tower that takes inspiration from the iconic architecture of Khasab Castle in Musandam, northern Oman.
A rare jewel in the rocky contours of the Saiq Plateau on Oman’sfabled Green Mountain, our unique retreat perches 2,000 metres above sea level on the curvin grim of a great canyon. Uniquely situated on a great canyon edge in the Al Hajar Mountains, The extraordinary destination is located just a 30 minutes drive from the ancient city of Nizwa – renowned for centuries as the ‘Pearl of Islam’ and given the prestigious title of ‘The Capital of Islamic Culture’ in 2015.
Key sites/activities in the area
Our luxurious hotel offers a prestigious gateway to Oman’s ancient forts, souk market discoveries and remote agricultural villages, as well as an impressive topography of mountain and valley scenery.
Resort Activities: Infinity Swimming Pool, Fitness Centre, Library, Yoga, Tennis, Archery, Stargazing, Diana’s Point, Asfour Kids Club, Jabal Teens Club, Jabal Activity Wall, Cinema under the stars, Luxury Mountain Picnics, Spice Spoons Cooking School, Landscape and Outdoor, Photography for beginners, Astro and Night Photography for beginners, Painting Lessons and Night Landscape Painting.
Area Excursions: Signature Hikes, Village Nature Walks, Mountain Biking, Cultural Walks, The Art of Rose Water, Driving Tours and Excursions and Fascinating Forts Tour.
Let your little ones discover the exciting world of Asfour Kids Club. Kids from 4-11.99 years old can enjoy an art and craft activities nurture creativity. Nature walks around the resort inspire curiosity. Indoor and outdoor play areas offerend less fun, froma trampoline, rocking horses and a basketball hoop, a large selection of books and toys, to a playground jungle gym with swings, a slide and climbing frames.
Just for teenagers from 12-18 years old, Jabal Teens club is private enclave offers a cool place to hang out and socialise. Xbox, football, a billiards table and board games keep young minds engaged. The internet café lets them stay in touch online.
• Number of suites:
15 One Bedroom Garden Pool Villa
178 SQM – Designed for those who enjoy their privacy, soak in the sun beside your private plunge pool or retire to the Arabian majlis-style living area for a beverage brought to you by your private butler.
2 One Bedroom Deluxe Garden Pool Villa
178 SQM – Enjoy direct access from the resort’s gate to your deluxe Villa with private parking, un wind in your private enclave with a temperature controlled plunge pool and private butler service.
3 Two Bedroom Garden Pool Villa
309 SQM – Relish in space with two full bedrooms equipped with a King Sizebed in the master bedroom and a set of twin beds the second bedroom each with private walk-in dressing areas, rain showers and bathtubs. Complete with a majlis-style living area, dining room,plunge pool with an adjacent Jacuzzi and sun-beds to enjoy your stay in the lap of luxury.
2 Two Bedroom Deluxe Garden Pool Villa
309 SQM – Enjoy direct access from the resort with the same layout as a two bedroom garden pool villa, including private walk-in dressing areas,majlis-style living area, dining room, plunge pool with Jacuzzi.
2 One Bedroom Anantara Cliff Pool Villa
188 SQM – This set of villas are the ones to offer 270 degree views of the canyon, optimal location and only two of its kind, each can be converted to a two bedroom villa as the privacy wall in the outdoor area can be retracted.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 82 Premier and Deluxe Canyon View Rooms
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 115 luxury rooms and villas
• Number of suites:
8 One Bedroom Cliff Pool Villa
188 SQM – Get a sense of the edge in your villa positioned on the cliff of the Saiq plateau, enjoy panoramic views from the terrace of private infinity pool stretching the entire length of your abode.
1 Three Bedroom Royal Mountain Villa
700 SQM – This two-storey villa is the epitome of luxury, complete with a two car indoor garage followed by spacious living and dining area sand three bedrooms each with breathtaking views. The bedrooms are complemented with walk-in closets, and a bathroom with rainshower and bathtub.
• Number of Luxury rooms:
40 Premier Canyon View Room
60 SQM – Located on the ground floor, equipped with King Size or twin beds,enjoy the stunning views of the canyon from your room or balcony.
42 Deluxe Canyon View Room 60 SQM – These beautifully appointed rooms on the upper floor are characterised by impressive views of the canyon.
.• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 115 luxury rooms and villas
Restaurants & Bars
• Al Maisan
With an open plan kitchen and several live cooking stations, Al Maisan is an enticing All-dayDining venue, full of flavours and aromas from all corners of the globe, with a central focus onSouth East Asian cuisine.
• Bella Vista
With breathtaking views by the infinity pool where water meets thesky, Bella Vista rethinks the Roman kitchen, by offering a simple yet satisfying pleasure of home cooking with fresh ingredients, focusing on the classics of the differentr egions, with seasonal and local produce. Casual in the daytime, and when night falls, dine like a nurban Italian night out at the local ‘ENOTEKA’.
• AL Qalaa
Arabian Grill is graced with the iconic architecture of the Musandam Tower, the signature restaurant brings to you the finest dining with the true essence of Oman, serving grilled meat, vegetables, fish and sea food harvested from the Sea of Oman as well as nearby fields and farms of Al Jabal Al Akhdar.
• Al Shourfa
Situated above the Courtyard, the stylish outdoor lounge offers a variety of flavoured Tobacco (sheesha) in decorated water pipes aswell as tapas style nibbles to enjoy whilst overlooking the beautiful view.
• Al Burj Lounge
The Moroccan Lounge takes its inspiration from Oman’s traditional defensive architecture. This high end lounge offers specialty coffees and teas, fabulous juices, as well as an array of fine beverages. The light menu is inspired by the Spanish appetisers known as tapas.
• Al Baha
With its central view of the heart of the Resort, Al Baha is a perfect place to meet and savour delicious home-baked pastries and exotic sweets. Just relax, sit back, and enjoy the delights of this simple but elegant café on top of the world.
Anantara Spa also comprises separate Male and Female Thermal Suites, each including:
• Salt Steam room
• Aroma Sauna room
• Experience showers
• Private indoor relaxation bedchambers
• Outdoor relaxation suite with loungers
• Health station with homemade nutritious snacks, driedfruit, smoothies and herbalteas
• Secure lockers with fresh towels, gowns and slippers
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Al Ain
With a maximum capacity for up to 150, our spacious Al Ain Ballroomis large enough to host a company retreat, conference, banquet, seminar or other event of your design, with the flexibility to adapt to two breakout sessions.
• Al Aqr
For up to 16 pax gathering of the board of directors, an individual department, or small group seminar, our Al Aqr meeting venue gives you all the comforts of a spacious board room with excellent meeting facilities and a large foyer area to enjoy coffee breaks and sweet treats.
Extra Notable Features
• Shisha lounge
• Fort star gazing platform
• Canyon view platform
• Asfour Kids Club and Jabal Teens Club
• Recreation centre
• Tennis court
• Fitness centre
• Meetings, events and weddings
• Library with Apple PCs, business centre services and a digital museum
• Retail shops
• Prayer room, Infinity pool, belvedere, 2 Jacuzzis and shaded children’s pool
• Chef’s garden
• Anantara Spa with hammam, indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam and sauna
• 3 restaurants, 1 bar and 1 deli café
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Travel + Leisure It List – awarded‘The Best New Hotels in the World’, AAJA was the only Middle East property to benamed in the covetedlist. (Print + Online) valued at $252,597
• CondeNast Traveller (US) Hot List www.cntraveler.com
• National Winner in Oman for AAJA in the MEED Quality Awards for 2017
• ‘Hospitality Project of the Year’ at the Construction Week Oman Awards 2017.
• “Best Far-Flung Escape” in Jetsetter’s 2017 Best of the Best Hotel Awards, read more here: http://jetsett.rs/Fxnzyj
Number of employees