Beverly Hills Hotel
Beverly Hills Hotel
1 Lighthouse Road Umhlanga Kwa-Zulu Natal,
Southern Sun Hotel Interests Pty Ltd
Date of Creation
16 December 1964
Hotel General Manager
John de Canha brings over 40 years of solid hospitality industry experience. The former Operations Director of the Southern Sun Group’s two flagship properties in the Middle East –the Al Manzil and Qamardeen Hotels located in Downtown Dubai, John de Canha oversaw the successful opening of the two flagship properties and developed and led his team in winning numerous awards and accolades. John joined the Beverly Hills in September 2011 and has lead the hotel and successfully guided the execution of the Group’s guest-oriented philosophy in the day-to-day operations of the hotels he managed.
5 Star Boutique Resort Hotel
To consistently provide a 5 star experience with intuitive service to each of our guests whilst attending to all of their needs and ensuring their stay is both personal &memorable.
BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL
History & Story
The grande dame of KwaZulu-Natal, Beverly Hills Hotel,opened her doors in December 1964 and was SolKerzner’s first hotel, and the first five star graded hotel inSouth Africa.
The hotel was built with the intention of attracting celebrities from abroad, and that’s exactly what it did – with Maurice Chevalier and Marlene Dietrich being the first celebrities to grace the floors. The hotel has remained an icon and landmark hotel along the north coast of KwaZulu-Natal ever since. More than half a decade has past since the opening of the hotel and she continues to uphold the legacy and tradition.
Updated softs on a continual basis.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Hotel guests are offered a choice of luxury accommodation . Choose from 89 elegantly decorated rooms, all offering dramatic ocean facing views and private balconies Each en-suite room provides a host of amenities, including 24-hour room service, DStv, direct-dial telephones, Espressomachine, mini-bar and complimentary WiFi. The hotel offers a full breakfast included in the rate . Two superb restaurants are on offer, elements café bar with bistro style menu and the signature restaurant The Sugar Club specializing in steaks and seafood .The hotel boasts a Diners Club Diamond Award winning wine list for 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017.
Located in uMhlanga – an idyllic area along the North coast of Kwa- Zulu Natal , offering a temperate sub tropical climate.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Gateway Theatre of Shopping, 7km
– Mount Edgecombe Golf Course, 2km
– Moses Mabhida Stadium, 18km
– Dolphin viewing , Deep sea fishing, scuba diving, 2 km
– Spinning bikes are placed on the Pool terrace every morning from 06h00 -09h00 for your exercise pleasure.
– Mangwanani poolside massage treatments under gazebo’s overlooking the gardens & the ocean.
– Beverly Hills continues to host celebrities, captains of industry and sports stars.
– The pool is heated year around to 28 degrees.
– We serve a sublime Afternoon tea buffet every Saturday.
• The hotel does not have family rooms as such (2 double beds) however rollaway beds can be requested for small children, subject to availability.
• Interleading rooms are available for families, subject to availabilty.
• Cots can be requested at the time of making the reservation.
• Number of suites: 3 Junior Suites : 2 Presidential suites, 2 cabana suites
• Number of luxury cabanas: 8
• Number of standard sea facing rooms: 74
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 89
Each guest room offers a range of amenities which include a desk, complimentary WiFi, an espresso machine, DVD machine and an en-suite bathroom. The hotel has a total of 74 standard and 15 luxury rooms all of which are sea facing. A nightly turn down service. A romantic turndown is available for honeymooners / anniversaries.
Services and amenities at the Beverly Hills are available to all our hotel guests, in order to maximise comfort and convenience. These include value-added amenities such as 750mb of complimentary high-speed WiFi per room daily, a fitness centre, self-service workstations, Mangwanani poolside massage treatments, a heated pool, spinning bikes on the terrace every morning between 06h00 and 09h00, a business centre, a complimentary DVD library.
Restaurants & Bars
• The hotel offers an award winning wine list with several rare auction wines also on offer.
• Full Breakfast served in the Sugar Club Restaurant including a hot a la carte menu.
• Elements cafe bar –bistro style restaurant offering fresh salads, pastas and seafood.
• The Sugar Club –signature style restaurant offering fine dining.
• The Vista Terrace – offers light meals for alfresco dining.
•The hotel has an outdoor heated swimming pool. Fitness Centre is located on the lower level
• Mangwanani Boutique Spa has 2 gazebos situated on the pool lawns – offering massages with a glorious ocean view.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• BOARDROOM – situated on the 1st floor offers a meeting room – boardroom style for 12 people.
PLANTATION ROOM – offers a meeting room with a capacity for 35 U shaped, 60 banqueting and 90 cinema style.
Elements Café may be hired out exclusively for functions and celebrations on request.
Extra Notable Features
• Mount Edgecombe Golf Course, 7km
Durban Country Club Golf course, 22 km
Scuba Diving, dolphin viewing, deep sea fishing, 1 km
Helicopter flips, ocean view and valley of 100 hills, 7 km
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Rated #11 on ‘Tripadvisor’ for the best hotels in South Africa Category out of 20 hotels
Number of employees