Diamonds Star of the East,
Diamonds Star of the East
P.O. Box-4700 Nungwi Road,
Planhotel Hospitality Group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Andrew Cook: « I am so proud as a discerning hotelier who has always been committed with passion to the Guest’s and staff satisfaction!! »
We are projecting to build a Private airoport and/or helipad to make the Resort even more a reference point with the highest and most sofisticated services in the region, offering unique extraordinary experiences.
Diamonds Star of the East
History & Story
This project was conceived with the desire to create an ideal space to escape from everyday life. The colours of the spices of Zanzibar have inspired the architect, Dr. Germano Aghemo, who has used them in decorating the Villas. As a result of the cooperation between the landscape designer, Dr. Roberto Doria and the architect Dr. Germano Aghemo, each Villa blends beautifully with the surrounding gardens.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
An oasis of tranquillity, privacy and relaxation. Eleven private villas featuring a pool, equipped terrace and a luxurious tropical garden reward with breathtaking views over the Indian Ocean and the famous Zanzibar sunset.Each villa bears the name of one of the most precious gems in the world, harmonising perfectly with the modern African architecture. A personal assistant will be at your disposal 24 hours a day to ensure that all your requirements are fulfilled, you can also enjoy an international mini bar replenished daily and other exclusive services. A private beach and a top quality all inclusive package complete the offering of Zanzibar’s star resort, our Diamonds Star of the East!
Nungwi, Zanzibar, Tanzania
Key sites/activities in the area
For water sports enthusiasts, the opportunity to explore Zanzibar’s magnificent aquatic wildlife is a must. Visit the diving centre in resort to book excursions, courses and lessons of the island’s most popular water sports. It is also possible to organize excursions to Stone Town, Prison Island, Jozani Forest, and turtle sanctuaries in Nungwi.
Safari to Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Selous (by Luxury Short Safari) can be organized before departure. Yoga and Pilate classes can be booked on site.
• Number of suites:
Restaurants & Bars
• Ocean Blue Restaurant : It is a chic stylish and refined restaurant that offers a modern cuisine using fresh and seasonal products of regional and international origin. The restaurant offers an amazing view over the Indian Ocean and the resort lush landscape.
Guests can also access for free these Restaurants of the nearby Resort Diamonds La Gemma dell’Est
• Pavillon Restaurant: A lively, vibrant and casual, yet comfortable All Day Dining Restaurant offering a variety of international specialties and local favorites as well as unique Italian delicacies.
• Coral Cove Pizzeria: The outdoor pizza restaurant is located on the beach, next to the pool and serves every day light snacks for lunch. For dinner salads, soups and homemade pizza are served to guests from the show kitchen*.
• Swimming Pool (outdoor)
• Gym (indoor + outdoor)
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Wedding Ceremony Package (http://staroftheeast.diamondsresorts.com/weddings/)
• Baobab: Conference room with a maximum seating capacity of 220 people, VIP packages
Extra Notable Features
• Extraordinary Experiences can be purchased on site: Personalized Photo Shooting, Unique Culinary Experiences, a night on the beach and Night Calamari fishing.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
• World Travel Awards 2017 nominee (Tanzania’s Leading Boutique Hotel)
• Tripadvisor 2017 Traveller’s Choice
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
• World Luxury Hotel Award
• Gold Travelife
Number of employees