Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
Khor Al Maqta, Abu Dhabi,
P.O. Box 114304, United Arab Emirates
FRHI Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Eddy joins Fairmont Bab Al Bahr from his most recent position of Executive Director, Operations, MEAI. He joined FRHI Hotels & Resorts in January 2008 at the Fairmont Dubai as Director, Sales and was promoted to Director, Sales & Marketing in 2009, Director, Rooms in 2011 and Director, Operations in 2012 before transferring to Dubai Regional Office as Director, Operation Support MEAI in September 2013. Eddy began his hospitality career in 2000 at Beirut Marriott Hotel where he held several progressive positions, before relocating to Qatar to join the Ritz-Carlton Doha as Director of Revenue Management. In 2007 Eddy was promoted to Area Director of Revenue, overseeing Ritz-Carlton Doha and the opening of Ritz-Carlton’s Sharq Village & Spa.
Premium 5 stat luxury hotel in the Capital of the UAE – Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr is ‘The Gateway to Abu Dhabi ‘
FAIRMONT BAB AL BAHR
History & Story
The capital of the United Arab Emirates with a rich history that can be traced back more than 5,000 years, Abu Dhabi remains a remarkable destination – a place where sandy beaches and lush gardens coexist with broad, palm tree lined boulevards, where traditional Arabic architecture meets contemporary style. A sparkling addition to this vibrant centre is the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr.
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr serves as inspiring example of aesthetically forward architecture, while adhering to the design principles of functionality and ambience. With superior hospitality, state-of-the-art technology and more than 2,500 square metres (26,900 square feet) of meeting space, this new, business friendly hotel in Abu Dhabi is the gateway to the wonders of the Middle East.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
This luxury Abu Dhabi hotel showcases unrivalled views of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and provides easy access to the city centre and main exhibitions facilities. It is in close proximity to Abu Dhabi International Airport and city’s numerous golf courses.
Add to this a variety of world-class restaurants to suit any taste.
The state-of-the-art conference facilities include versatile meeting rooms, a 990 square-meter ballroom and unique outdoor event spaces with spectacular views of the Abu Dhabi creek; perfect for accommodating a wide range of corporate functions for the executive hosting to the social event of the year.
Located in ‘new’ Abu Dhabi, an area destined to become one of the most exciting office, retail and residential developments in the city, the hotel benefits from spectacular views of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, with easy access to Abu Dhabi City Centre and Corniche, and is in close proximity to Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr is an ideal location from which to explore the beauty of this bustling and fast-growing city, a place where luxury and style are infused with timeless hospitality. Sunny weather, sandy beaches, lush oases, vibrant city life and a mixture of culture and traditions come together to create a travel experience like no other. Guests can explore the souks, visit the iconic Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, ride the dunes on an exhilarating desert safari, dive into dazzling marine life or adventure in Ferrari World and Yas Water World – there is something for everyone in Abu Dhabi.
• Translated from Arabic, “Bab Al Bahr” means “gateway to the sea”.
• The hotel has welcomed celebrities including Nelly Furtado, Tiesto, Britney Spears, Linkinpark, and Stevie Wonder.
• The exterior facade of the property was inspired by the ocean water alongside the Creek, with blue glass and white fluid lines being suggestive of moving water, whilst the geometric shape of the building and the innovative light display pays homage to modernity and cutting edge technology.
• This superstructure is approximately 60,000 square metres and is 210 metres long and approximately 45 metres high.
• The facade of the building is approximately 19,000 square metres and consists of high performance glass and LED lighting modules.
• Marco Pierre White was the first British chef to earn three Michelin stars at the age of 33. His name is synonymous with contemporary international cuisine and has been dubbed as the first celebrity Chef and the ‘Godfather’ of modern cookery.
Contemporary elegance is reflected throughout the décor of the 369 guestroom and suites of Fairmont Bab Al Bahr. Embracing an organic theme, the guestrooms boast a range of rich textures, employing the use of marble, walnut wood paneling and bamboo flower inspired soft furnishings. Guestrooms feature in-room business facilities and high-speed Internet service, in addition to well-appointed bathrooms. Guest can also benefit from a “bath with a view” as many bathrooms have been designed with spectacular creek side views.
Representing hospitality excellence in capital, the Fairmont Bab al Bahr introduces the Fairmont Gold experience. The 25th instalment for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts globally, and the only comprehensible lifestyle offering currently in Abu Dhabi, this exclusive lifestyle experience features warm and personalized service with amenities such as a private check in area, an exclusive lounge and complimentary high-speed and wireless internet to meet the needs of the most discerning corporate or leisure guest.
Greeted by the Fairmont Gold team, guests are pampered with personalized attention and seamless service that is only found in the most elite boutique hotels around the world. This unique offering is highlighted by 72 guestrooms that offer sweeping views of the city and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and state-of-the-art technology. One of the largest ‘club’ lounges available, the Fairmont Gold lounge is a staggering 3000 square feet filled with plush seating areas, computer stations and full culinary set up’s for complimentary daily breakfast buffets, and evening hors d’ouvres and drinks.
Embracing an organic theme throughout, the Presidential Suite features a spacious living area, two bedrooms and two well appointed bathrooms. Guests will enjoy breathtaking views of the Abu Dhabi Creek and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and will have access to a full range of Fairmont Gold services and amenities, including on call butler service. The Royal Suite is superior in size and luxury and features two custom designed bedrooms, two well appointed bathrooms, a private dining area and a spacious living area. The only one of its kind, this suite exemplifies contemporary chic with modern furnishing, and a built in home entertainment system.
Restaurants & Bars
Experience some of the finest restaurants in Abu Dhabi at Fairmont Bab Al Bahr:
· Savour a full portfolio of seasonal flavours at CuiScene, the all day dining destination
· Treat yourself to an innovative gourmet hamburger at Poolside
· Choose from one of the largest selection of tea blends in the city at The Lobby Lounge, situated in the heart of the hotel
· Enjoy exquisite wines and cocktails in the elegantly chic surroundings of Chameleon
· Embark on the culinary journey to Italy at Frankie’s Italian Restaurant & Bar
· Experience Michelin star celebrity Chef Marco Pierre White’s creations at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill
· Delight in the variety of options at a Lebanese restaurant, Cedar Lounge, either indoor or alfresco
· Explore Puesta del Sol, a new stylish venue with the Latin lounge music and Spanish bites.
· Sports Café serves the ultimate sports experience, combining unlimited access to international sports and a slap up menu to dig-in to.
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr also boasts an Olympic-length outdoor swimming pool, a covered children’s pool and private sandy beaches—all with spectacular views of Abu Dhabi Creek and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque.The hotel‘s Health Club offers a mixed-use gym and a separate facility for women, both of which boast a full range of Technogym cardiovascular and weight-training machines, as well as personal-training services.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Executive Chef of the Year (Cladys Magagna), Gourmet Abu Dhabi, 2014
2013 – 2012
• 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards – Top 25 Hotels in the United Arab Emirates
• 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards – Top 25 Hotels for Service in the United Arab Emirates
• 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the United Arab Emirates
• 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Middle East
• Top 25 Hotels in the Middle East – Travelers’ Choice Awards, 2012
• Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Middle East – Travelers’ Choice Awards, 2012
• 2012 Travelers’ Choice Awards – Top 25 Hotels in the Middle East
• 2012 Travelers’ Choice Awards – Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in the Middle East
Food and Beverage Awards
• Gourmet Abu Dhabi 2013 – Sustainability Award
• What’s On Awards 2013 – CuiScene – Best Brunch
• TimeOut Abu Dhabi Awards 2013 – Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill – Best Steakhouse
• TimeOut Abu Dhabi Awards 2012 – Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill – Highly Commended Best Steakhouse
• TimeOut Abu Dhabi Awards, 2012 – Chameleon – Best Bar Food
• What’s On Awards 2012 – Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill – Best Steakhouse
• TimeOut Abu Dhabi Awards 2012 – The Chocolate Gallery – Best Afternoon Tea
• TimeOut Abu Dhabi Awards 2012 – Frankie’s Italian Restaurant & Bar – Highly Commended Best Italian
• TimeOut Abu Dhabi Awards 2012 – CuiScene – Highly Commended Best International
• Fitness Person of the Year (Agnelo Banji), Hotelier Middle East Awards, 2012
• Highly Commended HR Person of the Year (Rey Trimidal), Hotelier Middle East Awards, 2012
• Pastry Chef of the Year (Dragan Rucnov), Caterer Middle East Awards, 2012
Number of employees