Fairmont Nile City Egypt
Fairmont Nile City
Nile City Towers – 2005 B, Corniche El Nil
Ramlet Beaulac, Egypt
Privately Owned by Nile City Investment
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Frank A. Naboulsi – Vice President Operations, Egypt & General Manager, Fairmont Nile City
Naboulsi carries a wealth of experience at the hospitality industry since 1976. He has enjoyed an extensive career with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, where he held four General Manager positions including Fairmont Dallas and Fairmont Palliser in Canada.
Naboulsi previously served as Regional Vice President, Egypt, Regional Director of Sales & Marketing for Fairmont Alberta, Canada with responsibility of seven hotels and two regional offices. He, also, held several Sales & Marketing positions at the Fairmont Plano, Texas, Fairmont Royal York, Toronto and Westin Hotel, Edmonton, Canada.
FAIRMONT NILE CITY
History & Story
On the banks of the famed river Nile, the city of Cairo is the center of Egyptian culture and commerce. A melting pot of history and diversity, the city is ideal for both—business and leisure.
Like the city itself, Fairmont Nile City offers a delightful series of contrasts, combining advanced technology and modern design with local flavors and flare. With sweeping panoramas of the river Nile and the Pyramids in the distance, Cairo’s beauty and history are always in sight from your luxury hotel accommodation.
During your stay, embark on culinary adventures at the city’s finest restaurants, enjoy the fresh air at our rooftop Sky Pool or pamper yourself at Willow Stream Spa.
Conveniently located as part of the prestigious Nile City complex, Fairmont Nile City is the ideal location for business events. The space consists of 845 square meters in addition to 450 square meters of outdoor space dedicated to meetings and conventions, comprising of 11 meeting rooms including a ballroom.
The hotel is constantly undergoing renovation and uplifting to always ensure that our guests are getting a fresh product with the latest addition being our Italian restaurant, L’Uliveto –hotel’s main restaurant- by Belgian interior designer Gauthier Guillaume of GG&Grace Creative Concepts.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
On the banks of the river Nile and nestled between the two towers of the Nile City Complex, Fairmont Nile City offers its guests unwinding experiences amidst exclusive business settings, dedicated service professionals with a world of fine dining experiences, the largest spa in downtown area, the highest swimming pool and three Fairmont Gold floors including the largest executive lounge in Cairo.
The hotel is in downtown Cairo, just 23.5 km from Cairo International Airport. Fairmont Nile City is within a 10-minute drive to the Egyptian museum and around a 35-minute drive to the Great Pyramids of Giza. Nile Towers Mall is footsteps away from the hotel with a direct access through the lower lobby level.
Key sites/activities in the area
• The Great Pyramids of Giza: This is where the history of Egypt begins, one of the greatest civilizations on earth on the plateau of Giza, 2,300,000 blocks of stone were used to build an eternal tomb for a divine king.
• The Sphinx: A huge structure with the head of a human and the body of a lion. Over 4,500 years ago, workers shaped the stone into the lion and gave it their king’s face.
• The Egyptian Museum: Opening its 107 halls in 1902, the museum housed statues, monuments along with jewels, Tutankhamen treasures and mummies. More than a million and a half tourists visit the museum annually, in addition to half a million Egyptians.
• Salah El-Din Citadel: One of Cairo’s most popular tourist attractions is the citadel which houses a number of museums and ancient mosques. It is one of the world’s greatest monuments to medieval warfare, as well as highly visible landmark on Cairo’s eastern skyline.
• Cairo Tower: The tower offers a bird’s-eye view of this great city, showing its modern and ancient districts existing side-by-side. The best time to visit the tower, also known as Borj Al-Qahiera, is at sunset, when millions of twinkling lights come to life.
• Cairo Opera House: The Opera provides the most comprehensive technical stage facilities in Africa and the Middle East while presenting various cultures of the world.
Known for the best of live entertainment in the city, Fairmont Nile City’s signature venues have a daily line up of entertainers that matches the tastes of every guest. That is in addition to various activities and collaborations with international partners for the best of family events.
Kids’ corners are available at our buffets where children eat free of charge up to the age of 6 years and enjoy 50% discount up to the age of 12 years.
• Number of Suites : 78 suites with sizes varying from 75 sqm to 550 sqm.
All suites enjoy panoramic views on the river Nile, a 24-hour butler service and access to the Fairmont Gold Lounge and privileges.
• Nile suite: The suite feature a bedroom, a living room, a work station, high-speed internet access, an open concept bathroom and Le Labo bathroom amenities.
• Deluxe Nile suite: The luxurious suites feature a bedroom, a living room, a dining area, a kitchenette, a work station, high-speed internet access, an open concept bathroom and Le Labo bathroom amenities.
• Diplomatic suite: The Diplomatic suite offers a residential style of accommodation with panoramic Nile views, interactive in-room Crestron digital system, Alexa vocal command, Bose sound system and elegant interiors complemented by a discreet butler service.
• Presidential suite: The three-bedroom suite, including a butler’s room, offers an interactive in-room Crestron digital system, Alexa vocal command, Bose sound system, designer furniture, in-room spa and panoramic Nile views along with discreet butler service.
• Number of Luxury rooms : 404 rooms with sizes varying from 33 sqm to 56 sqm.
All rooms enjoy city or partial/full river Nile views.
• Fairmont room: The stylish city view Fairmont rooms feature open concept bathrooms with sliding shutters, rain showers and bathroom amenities by Le Labo. Guests enjoy in-room high speed internet access, interactive TV as well as complimentary coffee and tea facilities.
• Deluxe room: Partial Nile view, modern decor and elegance along with an open concept bathroom with sliding shutters, rain showers and bathroom amenities by Le Labo. Guests will enjoy high-speed internet access, interactive TV and complimentary coffee and tea.
• Deluxe Nile room: The panoramic Nile view rooms feature open concept bathrooms with sliding shutters, rain showers and bathroom amenities by Le Labo. Guests enjoy in-room high speed internet access, interactive TV as well as complimentary coffee and tea facilities.
• Signature room: The Signature room has a private terrace, a fully-equipped work area, high-speed internet access, open concept bathrooms with Le Labo bathroom amenities. Enjoy a 24-hour butler service, Fairmont Gold Lounge and meeting room access.
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 542 guest rooms and suites
Restaurants & Bars
• L’Uliveto restaurant: Fairmont Nile City’s Italian concept restaurant brings authentic, local Italian cuisine to Cairo, creating an unbeatable culinary experience. The all-day dining venue starts with a lavish breakfast buffet before transforming into an elegant and stylish lunch and dinner spot. For a hip night out, guests can enjoy signature cocktails and music at the trendy bar area.
• Saigon Restaurant & Bar: Fairmont Nile City’s Pan-Asian fine dining restaurant offers a wide selection of Asian-fusion delicacies with a modern twist, guaranteeing an unmatched culinary experience. The plush lounge area is the perfect location for an intimate drink, offering a dine around concept with the best of live entertainment the city has to offer.
• Bab El Nil restaurant: Introducing colors and life, Bab El Nil is set to provide both an indoor and an outdoor experience full of vivid colors, arabesque ornamentation and a unique living wall as you enjoy our signature Middle Eastern dishes, the best of daily live entertainment, an extensive array of shisha flavors and infinity views of the river Nile.
• Onyx Lounge: Located in the lobby area, the lounge offers light snacks and desserts along with a vast selection of tea and coffee flavors. Onyx Lounge serves as a continental breakfast venue in the early morning before transforming into the city’s favourite afternoon tea spot, featuring specialty coffee and our signature Fairmont LOT 35 tea selection along with live entertainment during the evening.
• Champagne Bar: Champagne Bar offers a selection of delicacies and a wide range of champagnes, wines and cocktails, making it the perfect spot for a relaxed, social get-together. The first of its kind in Cairo, the luxury lounge offers an unmatched cozy and relaxing ambience.
• Sky Pool: Located on the twenty fifth floor of the hotel, the pool and restaurant area offer a panorama of Cairo’s skyline in addition to stunning views of the river Nile; the perfect destination to enjoy the sun setting into the river Nile while relaxing by the pool.
• The Deli by Fairmont: Located in the prestigious Nile City Towers mall, Fairmont Nile City’s innovative, stand-alone food & beverage concept, The Deli, offers guests freshly baked goods, sandwiches, salads, hot items and desserts along with various beverages, signature tea flavors and gourmet coffee, ideal for those looking for a hearty meal or a quick bite.
In fast-paced, clamorous Cairo at the edge of the majestic river Nile is the Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Nile City, a sophisticated sanctuary where guests can step through spa doors and enter into a desert paradise. As every Willow Stream Spa is designed to reflect the beauty and ambiance of its location, at Fairmont Nile City, the décor is inspired by the surrounding natural environment – sandy colors and textures, reminiscent of the desert by day are contrasted with cooler hues which represent the desert at night.
The spa offers a place to slow down, breathe deeply, and rediscover one’s energy. Enjoy relaxing lounges and a luxurious couple’s suite experience, separate women and men’s areas, panoramic saunas, private Turkish hammam suite, energizing rain and ice-mist showers, desert-inspired steam rooms, and refreshing ice fountains. Treatment rooms feature malachite – believed to promote vitality and ward off evil – and turquoise – as a representation of inner wisdom. A retail boutique, a nail spa, and an international hair salon are also available adding to the pampering experience.
Fairmont Nile City is the perfect environment to restore your energy with access available to hotel guests as well as exclusive members offering a range of facilities and services including:
• Health club equipped with the latest state-of-the-art cardio, strength and free weights machines
• An exercise studio with a selection of aerobics and body equilibrium classes
• Personal training services
• Rooftop Sky Pool with extended Jacuzzi
• High speed internet access
• Separate relation areas and lockers for males and females
• Experience showers and ice fountains complemented by panoramic saunas and steam rooms
• Retail shop offering select products
• A hair salon
Corporate & Celebration Events
Fairmont Nile City is equipped to host a range of events from corporate meetings, cocktail receptions and private dinners, to product launches and press conferences. The flexibility of space, the array of audio-visual equipment, together with the expertise of our team will ensure that any function we host is a success.
The phenomenal dedicated space for meetings and conventions is equipped with the most advanced design and technology to serve the needs of all our clients. Our meeting and event facilities comprise of 11 day lit outdoor spaces including a ballroom dedicated for meetings and conventions. And while we offer the latest refinements, planning a meeting or a special engagement at our hotel is above all, simple. Our professional team would be more than happy to assist and advise on all aspects of creating a successful event, and no detail – however minute – is overlooked.
Our five-star hotel offers more than 845 square meters (9,100 square feet) in addition to 450 square meters (3,800 square feet) of outdoor meeting space and can cater to events up to 500 guests.
Extra Notable Features
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• TripAdvisor, 2016 Certificate of Excellence
• TripAdvisor, 2016 Certificate of Excellence, Bab El Nil restaurant
• Haute Grandeur Global Hotel & Spa Awards, 2016 Best City Hotel in Egypt Award
• Haute Grandeur Global Hotel & Spa Awards, 2016 Best Sensuous Hotel Award
• Haute Grandeur Global Hotel & Spa Awards, 2016 Best Spa Brand in Africa Award
• Expedia, 2015-2016 Best Improvement Award
• Booking.com, 2015 Guest Review Award
• TripAdvisor, 2015 Certificate of Excellence
• TripAdvisor, 2015 Certificate of Excellence, Saigon Restaurant & Lounge
• Booking.com, 2014 Guest Review Award
• World Spa Awards, 2015 Egypt’s Best Hotel Spa
• Booking.com, Certificate of Recognition
• TripAdvisor, 2014 Traveler’s Choice Award
• TripAdvisor, 2014 Certificate of Excellence
Number of employees