Fregate Island Private
Fregate Island Private
P.O. Box 330
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Wayne Kafcsak, Hotel Manager
5-star luxury hotel
Fregate Island Private
History & Story
In the 17th century, the mythology pirates were among the first inhabitants, using islands like Fregate as a hub and hideaway. Declared a French colony in the 18th century, the islands changed hands several times between the French and British before gaining independence in 1976. Throughout its history, the Seychelles have become home to people from all continents and are today famous for their blend of cultural backgrounds. And for the warm welcome extended to guests from around the world. Fregate Island is a unique destination to experience the best the Seychelles have to offer. The name recalls legends and tales of treasure chests buried under the sands, as immortalized in Robert Louis Stevenson’s “Treasure Island”. And with over 10 km of roads and walking trails, you can comfortably explore the island – both with your own electric buggy and on foot.
All residences and main buildings have been renewed. Our residences have been designed by Wilson & Associate. The Rock Spa and Pools of our property has been designed by Alex Ellenberger.
Date added extensions
The renovation is finalized since the end of 2014.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• A jewel of conservation “unique on the planet”
• Flora & Fauna including Giant Aldabra tortoises, Hawksbill Turtles, Magpie Robin, Beetles, and many other endangered species • 17 vast ocean view residences ensuring full privacy
• 7 private white sandy beaches including award-winning beach Anse Victorin
• Only island with a private marina • All island dining experience – anything anytime anywhere
Fregate Private Island is located 4° south of the equator in the Seychelles.
Mahé is the main island with the capital Vicortia where our guests take the transfer by helicopter, plane or boat to Fregate Island Private.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Nature Walks with Conservationists safeguarding nests of Hawksbill turtles
• Exploring the winding mountain trails by hiking, mountain bike, buggy trips
• Deep sea fishing, sailing, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, waterskis, banana towing
• On land sports activities, f.e. we are providing a tennis court
• Tortoise Adoption programme guests can make a valuable contribution to protecting and sustaining the island’s flora and fauna.
• Stargazing programme lets you explore the night sky you can comfortably explore the island – both with your own electric buggy
• Vegetables, herbs and fruit we grow ourselves.
Kids club Castaway for kids between 3 and 12. Castaway Trail together with our conservation leads kids through parts of the jungle, where tortoises and many other animals and plants grow and thrive. For a special treat, the treasure hunts on the island’s beaches, incl privates picknick on the beach
• Types: Private Pool Residence (400-450 sqm)
• Types: Private Pool Twin Residence (570-700 sqm)
• Private Pool Spa Residence (700 sqm)
• Banyan Hill Estate (1100 sqm)
-> 6 Residences and the Banyan Hill Estate
Special features for residences
• Each Residence nestles nicely into the coastal line, naturally screened from your neighbour
• Every Residence has their own luxurious terrace, large private infinity pool and jacuzzi, daybed and dining pavilion with overlook the lush jungle and deep-blue sea-bedroom and living room connected by vestibule with dining facility
• One large and one small bathroom, each with their own private outdoor shower
• Air-conditioning, telephone, wireless internet access, TV, DVD/CD player, iPod station • Minibar, tea and coffee • Several residences with direct beach access • Personal island buggy
Special features for the Banyan Hill Estate
• 3 separate sleeping villas for a total of 6 persons
• A fully serviced kitchen, separate TV Loung and private study/office
• Private infinity pool with spacious gazebo and alternative dining space
Restaurants & Bars
• 1 Restaurant: Fregate Island House is offering Créole and international cuisine at its best.
• 2 Bars: Pirates Bar and the Anse Bambous Beach Bar
• Besides our restaurants and bars, guests can have dinner or lunch anytime and anywhere on the Island. Guests can explore dining in our Tree House high up in one of the island’s oldest and largest banyan trees or in the Yacht Club. Sit down to dine in our plantation, choosing the ingredients together with our Chef de Cuisine from a wide variety of exotic vegetables, herbs and fruits. Also, guests can choose any of our beaches for a BBQ, breakfast, lunch or dinner. On our Sunset Cruise or Sashimi Picnic, we take you out on the water in one of our boats. If guests want to stay in the comfort and privacy of their own residence, we are happy to take care of all the dining arrangements.
• The vegetables, herbs and fruit are grown on our own plantations and are of the highest quality.
• Surrounded by dramatic granite rock formations, the Rock Spa on Fregate Island offers a range of facilities and treatment rooms for massages, training or yoga sessions. For personal fitness our airconditioned gym is free to use.
• Fregate Island’s Rock Spa is the ideal spot to both relax and revitalize the mind, body and soul.
• Drawing on age-old know-how and the healing properties of local plants, the spa’s experts offer treatments, massages and yoga instruction in a truly peaceful environment. Our line of Rock Spa products complements our range of treatments and therapies perfectly. Made in the Seychelles with ingredients grown on Fregate Island, our products offer the ultimate in relaxation, revitalisation, detoxification and inner strength.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Weddings: the couple can get married on one of our beaches or in our island chapel which is one of the island’s oldest buildings. Decorated in authentic Créole style, you can celebrate as well other services here – for truly unforgettable moments in your life
• Island buyouts for special anniversaries
Extra Notable Features
• We arrange helicopter rides to other islands or other golfing destinations. If guests wish to scuba dive by day or night, our diving staff knows all the best spots and we offer PADI certified diving courses for all levels and the marine environment around the Island is truly diverse and unspoiled. If guests want to take the waters by yourself, we have a range of sailing, surfing and kayaking equipment-from Hobie Cats to optimists for children, windsurfing boards, water skis or banana towing. And for a brisk way to see Fregate and the surrounding islands, our seaworthy powerboats can take you out on a day trip of your choice
• Sunset cruise with Sushi Champagne Picknick
• Pomme d’amour massage
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards 2014: 11th in Best Holiday Hotels in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian Ocean
• Condé Nast Traveller: The Gold List 2012 – Fregate Island Private: Best for service
Number of employees