Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay Egypt
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay
Soma Bay PO Box 15, Safaga 84711,
Soma Bay, Egypt
Abu Soma Development Company (ASDC)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Lars Pursche – General Manager
5-star Luxury Hotel Resort, Kempinski
Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay is well recognised as a luxury, full service, beachfront resort located at the
exclusive Soma Bay Peninsula at Hurghada, Egypt, renowned for its white sandy beach, spacious rooms, personalised hospitality, culinary excellence as well as Laguna Club exclusive service concept within the resort offering a private club environment including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and cocktails. Value for money for local and European travellers and consistency of upscale hospitality established a competitive uniqueness that sets the hotel apart from competition.
KEMPINSKI HOTEL SOMA BAY
History & Story
First Kempinski hotel opened in Egypt.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• the hotel features 400m of pristine sandy beach with cristal clear warm waters
• heated outdoor pool (winter season) and lazy river, running around the whole hotel area
• world-class diving, windsurfing and kitesurfing possibilities nearby the hotel
• local and European high standart food and beverage concepts
• outstanding nature combined with the beauty of the Red Sea and the mountains as a backdrop for unique sunsets
• Laguna Club exclusive service concept within the resort offering a private club environment including breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and cocktails
• Soma Bay is a natural peninsula on the eastern shores of Egypt
• located between the Red Sea and the desert mountains,
• only 45 km south of Hurghada International Airport
• one-hour flight from Cairo and a four-hour flight from Central Europe
• The ancient sites of Luxor – “The World’s Open-Air Museum” – and the Nile Valley are a convenient two-hour drive away
Key sites/activities in the area
• Diving at the Orca diving centre
• Kitesurfing Centre
• The Cascades Golf & Country & Spa Club (nearby the hotel)
• Private boat and Catamaran
• Guided desert safaris, by quad, camel or horse
• Excursions to ancient Luxor, Kairo and the Nile Valley
• Kimo Kids Club is for kids aged from 4 to 12 years
• Kids corner for our little guests in our main restaurant ‘The View’
• Dedicated kids pool (heated in winter season)
• Daily kids programme from 9am to 9pm (eg. cooking classes)
• Dedicated family area on the beach
Total Number of Rooms: 325, Number of suites: 34
Junior Suite (22) -located in different areas of the hotel, king or twin beds integrated with sitting and relaxation area in addition to a large comfortable marble bathroom. Guests staying in a Junior Suite have access to the Laguna Club Lounge, distinguished by an array of five culinary experiences along with additional appointed services. Size: 45 m² (484 ft²) – 75 m² (807 ft²), Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children
Deluxe Suite (10) – ultimate luxury and comfort, with a panoramic view of the stunning resort or the epic Red Sea, located in different areas of the hotel. The Deluxe Suite consists of an elegant bedroom, a living room with a seating and relaxation area and a large comfortable marble bathroom. Guests staying in a Deluxe Suite have access to the Laguna Club Lounge. Size: 75 m² (807 ft²) – 120 m² (1292 ft²), Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children
Presidental Suite (2) – Located in the main building and providing privacy for our top VIP guests, featuring exclusive luxury amenities; entrance area, large living room with 42-inch flat screen TV, dining area, bedroom and dressing room, bathroom with bathtub, shower, separate toilette and branded toiletries. A second Junior Suite and or a twin room can be attached to the Suite. Guests have the privilege to access the Laguna Club Lounge. A butler service is also available. Size: 145 m² (1561 ft²) – 185 m² (1991 ft²). Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children
•Lagoon View Room (113) – balcony with lagoons view, including king size beds)or twin beds and an inviting sitting area. Size: 39-42 m². Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children
• Side Sea View Room (34) – located on the higher floors of our buildings overlooking the Red Sea. Balcony or terrace, king size bed (23) or twin beds (11) and an inviting sitting area. Size: 39-42 m². Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children
• Sea View Room (94) – located on the higher floors of our buildings overlooking the Red Sea. Balcony or terrace, king size bed (61) or twin beds (33) and an inviting sitting area. Size: 39-42 m². Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children. Interconnecting rooms are available especially for families with children.
• Laguna Club Room with Lounge Access (50) – Ideal hideaway in the resort, offering comfort and luxury accommodation including king size beds (32) or twin beds (18), balcony or terrace. Size: 39-42 m². Maximum Occupancy: 2 Adults 2 Children.
Restaurants & Bars
Our restaurants (6) and bars (1) provide half-board only, in order to maintain exlusivity and excellent food quality.
• The View (Breakfast and Dinner) – Main restaurant with large outdoor terrace, located in the main building of our Hotel. Our Team offers international and traditional Egyptian cuisine.
• Al Mar Restaurant and Bar (Lunch) – located at the foot of the large main pool, serving a la carte lunch and refreshing beverages until sunset time. We offer delicious grilled dishes, light salads, pizza or desserts.
• Bamboo Shoot Restaurant (Dinner) – Asian cuisine with à la carte dishes from Japan, China and Thailand. One of the highlights represents the Sushi Bar. Our Chefs prepare Nigiri, Sashimi & Co. in front of our guests.
• La Pergola Restaurant (Dinner) – Mediterranean flavours can be enjoyed in the heart of Soma Bay’s marina. The menu draws on specialities from the Mediterranean Sea, especially from France, Italy and Spain.
• Sultan Lobby Lounge – Our Bar is the perfect place for refreshing drinks, cocktails and appetizers while providing our guests with soft music floats on our open-air terrace.
• Beachcomber Bar (Lunch) – located at the edge of the beach, this casual outdoor bar serves freshly squeezed juices, cocktails,beers and light snacks during the day.
• The Laguna-Club Lounge (Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner Buffet, Selection of Chocolate, Selection of Beverages) – fine-dining experience which can be booked by guests for an additional fee, consumed only at the Laguna Club, excluding all other hotel outlets. Throughout the day, the Laguna Club Lounge presents five culinary delights including beverages.
• Spa Pool & Treatments – Guests enjoy complimentary access to a gymnasium, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and an outdoor swimming pool. In addition, an array of massages and body treatments are offered in four treatment rooms in the spa against extra charges.
• Cascades Spa & Thalasso is located near the hotel and features one of the region’s largest and best-equipped thalasso-therapy centres. The facility can easily be reached by free shuttle bus.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• Guided Snorkelling in the Red Sea
• Aqua fitness in our main pool
• Weekly movie nights (always on Mondays)
• Weekly Oriental night (always on Fridays)
• Sundowner – Guests enjoy the amazing sunset and the beach, drinking refreshing cocktails and enjoying the sound of the sea and the provided live music (2 times a week)
• Cooking classes – Guests can book a cooking class in order to get an insight in the gourmet world of Egypt
• Privat sunset boat trip
• Kids club and an additional provided Kids area in the Main Restaurant The View
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• booking.com Award of Excellence – Guest Review Awards for 2015
• TUI Holly Award 2016 – One of the most popular hotels worldwide
• TUI Top Quality 2016 – One of the 250 best hotels worldwide
• Schauinsland Top Hotel Partner 2016
• booking.com Award of Excellence – Guest Review Awards for 2014
• Thomas Cook Group – Proven Quality Winner 2015
• Schauinsland Top Hotel Partner 2015
• Travelife Sustainability System – Travelife Gold Award 2013/2015 for Preserving the Environment and Improving Local Community Relationships
• TUI Holly Award 2014 – One of the best hotels in the world according to guest reviews
• Egyptian Ministry of Tourism – International Tourism Day Awards 2014 as « Best 5-Star-Luxury-Hotel on the Red Sea »
• Schauinsland Top Hotel Partner 2014
Number of employees
309 employees in total