One&Only Cape Town South Africa
One&Only Cape Town
Dock Road, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront Cape Town 8001,
Kerzner International Limited
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Richard Lyon joins One&Only with over 40 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, including key positions at Virgin Active, The Landings in St. Lucia, Marriott International, as well as his own hospitality consultancy business. He started his career in the Management Operations Training Programme at the Savoy Hotel Group, spending extensive time at both The Savoy in London and Hotel de Crillon in Paris.
5 Star Luxury
ONE & ONLY CAPE TOWN
History & Story
One&Only Cape Town is a destination unto itself – an urban chic waterfront resort providing an unprecedented level of luxury in South Africa.
In the heart of the picturesque Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with captivating views of Table Mountain, this contemporary resort features the largest accommodation in all of Cape Town, with a stylish island design and African flair accentuating the 131 spacious guest rooms and suites. Within the lobby of the seven-storey Marina Rise, guests can experience the continent’s only restaurant by legendary chef Nobuyuki “Nobu” Matsuhisa, where the upper level Nobu bar features a selection of Sakes including plum wines, Japanese beer and a selection of Sake and Shochu based cocktails.
Welcoming to both couples and families, Reuben Riffel captures the essence of the South African spirit and pride with his first urban restaurant, Reuben’s, which is known for his acclaimed local flair and wholesome bistro fare, is also open for breakfasts, lunch and dinner.
Amidst the energy of a bustling city, One&Only Spa occupy its own private island and offers many signature treatments. Guests looking for a relaxed, poolside setting can enjoy Isola, our outdoor restaurant for a combination of island and classic Italian cuisine. 207 words
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Every guest, every day – focussing on bespoked guest amenities, itinerary planners and special attention to personal preferences and dietaries.
Nestled within a natural amphitheatre shaped by the vertical cliffs of Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head sits Cape Town in all of its coastal glory. Here, commanding an enviable spot in the city’s fashionable Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, is One&Only Cape Town, overlooking the marina with panoramic views of Table Mountain
Key sites/activities in the area
• Nearby golf courses
• Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Markets and Townships, Table Mountain, Victoria&Alfred Waterfront,
• Surfing Lessons
• Ocean Wildlife
• Cape Point and Robben Island ¥ Vineyard Visit
Two exclusive islands in the heart of the bustling Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
Home to the only Nobu outpost in Africa
Largest entry level room accommodation footprint in Cape Town
Most award winning spa in Africa
The only urban of award winning South African celebrity Chef, Reuben Riffel
The dedicated, fully-supervised KidsOnly programme welcomes children ages 4 to 11 with an enriching collection of activities that showcases the exuberant personality of Cape Town. A separate programme is available for teens as well.
Situated at the center of Cape Town’s Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, overlooking the marina and with panoramic views across to Table Mountain, the 131-key One&Only Cape Town resort is a chic resort offering unrivalled dining and a private Spa Island.
Number of suites: 21
• Forty of the resort’s spacious rooms and suites are set on an adjacent lush green landscaped island in the marina itself, giving these rooms a distinctive resort feel and convenient access to the Spa Island. The resort’s rooms and suites, the largest in Cape Town with a minimum size of 63 square metres, all have a private terrace or balcony. The rooms at the 91-key Marina Rise have panoramic views of Table Mountain.
• Presidential Suite: 383m2
Indulged with every conceivable luxury, the Presidential Suite features a gorgeous living space, private kitchen and two bedrooms, each with its own King-size bed and decadent bathroom. Awe-inspiring views of Table Mountain and the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront are enjoyed throughout the entire space.
• Table Mountain suite: 316m2
The expansive space of this spectacular suite is appointed with the finest amenities and state-of-the-art technologies. Even with only one bedroom, the suite’s exceptional design incorporates a 12 seat dining table making it ideal for social or business gatherings.
Restaurants & Bars
• Nobu, contemporary Japanese cuisine with Peruvian influences by Michelin –star chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa.
• Reubens, South African cuisine by celebrity chef Reuben Riffel.
• Wine Loft, a collection of 5 000 bottles and a spectacular tasting room.
• Isola, a combination of Mediterranean and South African cuisine.
• Vista Bar&Lounge, for breakfast and slight bite s No all-inclusive, no half board plan
• Spa :8 single treatment rooms,2 couple suites, relaxation room
• 1 infinity pool (heated)
• Fitness Center featuring Kinesis and Technogym equipment
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ballroom (120 pax/215m2)
• Boardroom (12 pax/30m2)
• Marina Meeting Room (40 pax/85m2)
• Wedding Consultant
Extra Notable Features
• Art Conversations
• Personalised itineraries with concierge team
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards – #5 Best City Hotel in Africa
- Brides (US) – ranked #1 amongst ‘Top Resorts in Africa and Middle East’
- Condé Nast Traveler (US) Gold List 2017 – listed as ‘One of the Best Hotels in the World’ 2016
- Conde Nast Traveler (US) Reader’s Choice Awards 2016 – #8 Top Hotels in Africa & Middle East One&Only Cape Town.
- Brides Best Honeymoon Awards 2016 – One&Only Cape Town ranked #1 amongst the ‘Top Resorts in African & the Middle East’
- World Spa Awards: Africa’s Best Resort Spa
- One&Only Spa at One&Only Cape Town (South Africa)
- World Spa Awards South Africa’s Best Resort Spa 2016: One&Only Spa at One&Only Cape Town
- World Spa Awards: Bastien Gonzalez World’s Best Nail Studio Brand 2016
- Travel+Leisure – Rated One&Only Cape Town No. 1 Family Resort in Africa, Middle East
- Travel+Leisure (US) – One&Only Cape Town #4 World’s Best City Hotel in Africa and the Middle East
- Telegraph Awards (UK) – One&Only Cape Town named as one of The World’s 50 Best Honeymoon Hotels and Destinations
- TripAdvisor – One&Only Cape Town granted the Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame after receiving the Certificate of Excellence for 5 years in a row
- Conde Nast Traveler – One&Only Cape Town was ranked #1 in the category ‘Best Hotels in Africa: Readers’ Choice Awards 2014′
- SpaFinder 2014 – One&Only Spa wins Wellness Travel ‘Best in Country’ Award for Africa 2014
- Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2014- One&Only Cape Town was listed among the top 16 hotels in South Africa with a score of 93.1
- Travel + Leisure Top 500/World’s Best 2014-One&Only Cape Town was listed among the top 11 hotels in South Africa with a score of 88.67
- One&Only Cape Town for Hotel Spa of the Year – Africa: World Spa & Welllness Awards
- The SPA Traveler 2013-Readers’ Choice: Best Wellness Spa
- The SPA Traveler 2013-Best Wellness Spa: Southern Africa and Indian Ocean
- The SPA Traveler 2013-Readers’ Choice: International
- The SPA Traveler 2013-Best Spa Hotel / Resort (more than 50 rooms): Southern Africa and Indian Ocean
- Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice awards (US) – #7 of Top 15 Hotels in Africa
- Travel + Leisure – January 2013 – “T+L 500 World’s Best Hotels” – One of the Top Resorts in the Africa and The Middle East category: in the South Africa region with a rating of 95.33
- Travel + Leisure—July 2013 “World’s Best Awards” – Best Hotel Spa in Africa & Middle East in 2013
- Spa Finder – 2012 – “2013 Guide “– Voted Favorite Spa in South Africa in Reader’s Choice Country Awards
- Condé Nast Traveler – November 2012 – “Readers’ Choice Awards” – Ranked #22 (score 84.5) in the Top 25 Resorts and Safari Camps in Africa
- Tatler Spa Guide –October 2012 – Spa Guide 2013 – One&Only Spa is considered one of the best spas in Africa (no official ranking but included)
- Travel+Leisure –August 2012 – World’s Best Awards – Ranked #14 in The Top 100 Hotels with 95.33 out of 100 – Based on Readers’ Poll
- Travel+Leisure –August 2012 – World’s Best Awards – Ranked #1 in The Top City Hotels in Africa and the Middle East with 95.33 out of 100 – Based on Readers’ Poll
- Celebrated Living – Summer 2012 – Platinum List – Named #5 in Top 5 Africa Resorts
- Travel + Leisure –2012 – “The World’s Greatest Hotels” – One of the Top Resorts in South Africa: Cape Town region with a rating of 88.91
- World Spa Awards – 2012 – Best In Africa International Award
- TripAdvisor – 2012 – “TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards” – Named #25 in the Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in Africa
- TripAdvisor – 2012 – “TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards” – Named #15 in the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Africa
- Travel + Leisure – January 2012 – “500 World’s Best Hotels” – One of the Top Resorts in South Africa: Cape Town region with a rating of 88.91
- Spa – November 2011 – “Readers’ Choice Silver Sage Awards” – Voted Best Spa in Africa & Middle East
- Conde Nast Traveler – November 2011 – “Readers’ Choice” – Voted #32 for Best Resort in Africa with a score of 83.2
- Travel + Leisure – August 2011 – “World’s Best Awards” – Debuts to the World’s Best List at #10 in the category of Top City Hotels in Africa and the Middle East with a score of 88.91
- Celebrated Living – Summer 2011 – Honored with an Editors’ Mention, meaning a recognition by the editors of Celebrated Living for excellence.
- Daily Telegraph Ultratravel– Summer 2011 – ‘Ultra Travel Awards 2011’ Runner-up for Best in Africa
- Spa Finder – 2011 – “2012 Guide “– Voted Favorite Spa in Africa in Reader’s Choice Crystal Awards
- Spa Finder – 2011 – “2012 Guide “– Voted Favorite Spa in South Africa in Reader’s Choice Country Awards
- Spa Finder – 2011 – “2012 Guide “– Voted into Top 10 in Reader’s Choice Category Awards – Best Interior Design
- Elite Traveler – Summer/Fall 2010 – ‘Hotels Resorts Spas 2010’ special issue – one of the top resorts in Africa
- Spa magazine – Worldwide Guide 2011 – one of 5 winners in the category of Favorite Resort + Hotel Spas-Africa & Middle East
- Elite Traveler – July/August 2010 – Top 101 Suites in the World – included the Penthouse
- Celebrated Living – Summer 2010 – “Reader’ Choice Platinum List”- One&Only Cape Town voted as one of Africa’s top 5 favorite hotels
- Travel+Leisure – June 2010 – “It List” – selected as on the year’s top new hotels/resorts
- Robb Report – June 2010 – Best of the Best’ issue – One of the world’s top new hotel/resorts
- Condé Nast Traveler –May 2010 – “The Hot List” – One of the world’s top new hotel/resort
- Condé Nast Traveler –May 2010 – “The Hot List” – One&Only Cape Town Spa as one of the world’s top new spas
- Condé Nast Traveller UK –May 2010 – “The Hot List” – One of the world’s top new hotel/resorts
- Condé Nast Traveller UK–May 2010 – “The Hot List” – One&Only Cape Town Spa as one of the world’s top new spas
- Spears’ Wealth Management UK – Annual Spears Wealth Management Awards – Runner- up International Hotel of the Year
- Tatler Travel Guide UK – 101 Best Hotels – Urban Savvy Category
- Diners’ Club South Africa – Diners’ Club Wine List Awards – Best Wine List in Cape Town
Number of employees