One&Only Nyungwe House Rwanda
One&Only Nyungwe House
Western Province Rwanda
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Jacques Le Roux is the resort manager. Jacques brings over 10 years of experience in the luxury hospitality industry to One&Only Nyungwe House, having previously held General Manager, Resident Manager and Camp Manager positions in various African lodges, camps and hotels. Prior to joining One&Only, Jacques held the role of General Manager at Africa’s Eden Belo Monte – an exclusive boutique hotel in São Tomé and Príncipe where he led over 100 team members and oversaw all operations, as well as Marketing, Sales and Reservations.
ONE&ONLY NYUNGWE HOUSE
History & Story
- One&Only Nyungwe House is set on the edge of the Nyungwe Forest in Rwanda’s mountainous southwest. Part of a working tea plantation, her roots are well-established, while her recent transformation provides a distinctly modern energy with incredible design and every comfort you could ever need or desire.
- Every newly-transformed room and suite has been architecturally designed
to blend seamlessly with the unique landscape, respecting the environment and perfectly framing the best aspects of Nyungwe’s natural beauty. With an emphasis on indoor and outdoor living, you remain consistently connected to your surroundings, as extended furnished balconies open up to lush flora, with mesmerising aspects over the working tea plantation and forest beyond.
- 22 luxury rooms and suites situated in eight stunning wooden villas.
- All designed to frame nature, with exceptional views of the Nyungwe Forest.
- Newly-extended private decks offer a secluded haven to watch wildlife.
- Interior design comprising locally-made textiles and artwork is inspired by the talent and beauty of Rwanda.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Delight in active adventures, such as mountain biking, canopy-walking and trekking.
- Feel the thrill of up-close wild encounters, from incredibly rare primates and reptiles to butterflies, exotic birds and indigenous flora.
- Breathtaking rooms and suites designed to blend seamlessly with the unique landscape.
- Stunning dining experiences amongst the wilderness.
- Active adventures; the thrill of wild up-close encounters.
- Heartwarming interactions with local people.
- Giving back to Nyungwe; leave a lasting legacy.
- Enjoy heart-warming interactions with local people as you discover secrets of their survival, their crafts, cuisine, customs and more.
- Socialise with like-minded worldly travellers in a myriad of beautiful settings; around the fire pit, the idyllic infinity pool and at daily aperitif gatherings.
- Soak up unforgettable moments, designed especially for you, from private dining on our elevated deck with flavours from the chef ’s own garden, to al fresco couples’ treatments at our brand-new spa.
Nyungwe National Park, Rwanda
Key sites/activities in the area
- Nyungwe Forest Canopy Walk : Walk on a suspended walkway that has been built in the lush canopy of Nyungwe Forest.
WITH AN EXTENSIVE NETWORK OF FOREST TRAILS, A VARIETY EXCITING FOREST WALKS AWAIT :
- Waterfall Trail : Enjoy walking through the tree-fern covered ravines, across several bubbling streams until you reach a pretty waterfall.
- Kamiranzoru Trail : Low laying marshy areas which are rich in orchids and localised swamp associated bird species.
- Bigugu Trail : The Bigugu peak is 2,950m high and is the highest point in Nyungwe Forest, offering fantastic views of the landscape.
- Chimpanzee Trekking : Trekking to see our closest relatives is an amazing experience, although these groups of chimps are wide ranging and there is a 30-40% chance of sighting these primates.
- Black and White Colobus Trekking : Walking through a rainforest and being surrounded on all levels by these active and cheeky monkeys is not to be missed.
- Bird Watching : Nyungwe is home to at least 275 bird species, and is one of the best bird watching destinations in Africa.
- Orchid Ogling : Nyungwe Forest Park hosts one of the world’s greatest concentrations of orchid flora, which accounts for 68% of orchids in Rwanda alone.
10 years minimum
- Number of suites:3
- Number of Luxury rooms: 19
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 22
BREATHTAKING ROOMS AND SUITES, DESIGNED TO BLEND SEAMLES SLY WITH THE UNIQUE LANDSCAPE
- 22 luxury rooms and suites situated in six stunning wooden villas.
- All designed to frame nature, with exceptional views of Nyungwe Forest.
- Open fireplaces in each and every room and suite.
- Private decks offer all guests extraordinary private spaces to watch the wildlife.
- Interiors and artworks are inspired by the natural beauty and traditions of Rwanda
Restaurants & Bars
- The Dining Room All Inclusive
- Bar Deck/ Boma All Inclusive
- Pool Bar All Inclusive
- Private dining Platform All Inclusive
- Infinity swimming pool
- Fitness centre
- Yoga deck
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Private dining Platform– capacity of 10 pax
- The Dining Room- capacity (40 pax )
- Private Tea Deck- capacity of 10 pax
- Board room-capacity of 14 pax
Extra Notable Features
- Tea room for tea ceremony
- Chef’s Garden
Number of employees