Singita Explore Tanzania
P O Box 65, Mugumu,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Graham Ledger- Managing Director for Tanzanian Lodges.
5-Star Luxury Lodge.
Singita has a firm commitment to the sustainability of each property by continuing to build upon three core pillars: wildlife conservation, eco-friendly tourism, and community support.
History & Story
Without a doubt this is the most authentic “roughing-it in great style” experience the Serengeti has to offer. A private use camp on the plains of the Serengeti, it is a return to the simplicity and authenticity of safari life but with a thoroughly modern sensibility and freshness about it. It’s camping but without having to forfeit the creature comforts or attentive service that are intrinsic to a Singita experience.
No date confirmed.
Date added extensions
No date confirmed.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Singita Explore is particularly appealing to those in search of an opportunity to connect up-close with the earth and wildlife in a way they have never done before. With a private guide, chef, camp host and camp staff, activities can be arranged on a whim, game drives may be as long or as short as you choose and intimate experiences await.
Spanning over 350,000 acres of untouched wilderness, Singita Grumeti is located in northern Tanzania, forming part of the Serengeti Mara ecosystem. Singita Explore is ideally positioned on the renowned migratory route traversed annually by more than a million wildebeest.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Game Drives
• Visit the Environmental Education Centre
• Singita Boutique and Gallery
This is an exclusive-use camp so it is pitched and set-up based on the requirements of each booking.
Archery, Baking with chefs, Arts and crafts, Board games, Astronomy and stargazing, Butterfly capture, identification and release, Bush walks around camp, Mini Rangers’ Course.
6 x 1-bedroom tents configured to suit each individual group of travellers.
Restaurants & Bars
Spa: The Singita wellness philosophy takes personal rejuvenation to a level well beyond any pampering you’ve previously experienced. Should guests wish to have a spa treatment while staying at one of the Explore Camps, this should be reserved in advance.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
Visit the Environmental Education Centre
Guests at Singita Grumeti have the opportunity to visit the Environmental Education Centre, which was developed for the young people of the local communities, to meet the students and learn about the programme. The Centre is dedicated to instilling in its students an understanding of the Serengeti Ecosystem and provides education on the rationale behind “protected areas” and on general, local and global environmental issues.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Best Hotel in the World for Service, Readers’ Travel Awards 2015 , Condé Nast Traveller Magazine (UK),
• Ranked no. 3 in the World, Readers’ Travel Awards 2015 , Condé Nast Traveller Magazine (UK),
• Ranked no. 2 in Africa, Middle East & Indian Ocean, Readers’ Travel Awards 2015 , Condé Nast Traveller Magazine (UK),
• No.1 in the World, Readers’ Choice Awards 2015 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA),
• No.1 in Africa, Readers’ Choice Awards 2015 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA).
• World Tourism Awards 2014, in recognition of the company’s outstanding contribution to environmentally conscious hospitality,
• Listed, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 USA – Top Safari Lodges, Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report,
• Listed, Gold List 2014 – Top 10 Best Africa Safari Lodges and Wilderness Spots 2014 (USA), Condé Nast Traveler Magazine,
• Listed, Top 100 Resorts 2014 (USA), Robb Report,
• Ranked no. 1 in Middle East, Afirca & Indian Ocean, Readers’ Travel Awards 2014 (UK) Condé Nast Traveller Magazine,
• Ranked no. 2 Travel Destination in World’s Top 100, Readers’ Travel Awards 2014 (UK) Condé Nast Traveller Magazine,
• Ranked no. 3 in Africa, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA),
• Ranked no. 7 in the World, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA).
Number of employees