Singita Lebombo South Africa
P O Box 205, Skukuza, 1350
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Graham Kennedy – General Manager of South African Lodges.
5- Star Luxury Lodge
Singita has a firm commitment to the sustainability of each property by continuing to build upon three core pillars: wildlife conservation, eco-friendly tourism, and community support.
History & Story
Singita’s story began in 1925 when Luke Bailes’ grandfather purchased a piece of land in what would later become the Sabi Sand Reserve in South Africa. Situated in a remote corner of the Lowveld, the 45,000 acre reserve has evolved from its early days as a hunting concession to become an exclusive conservation reserve where all species are protected. Singita’s first lodge, Singita Ebony Lodge, opened its doors in 1993 in this magnificent piece of family land and the brand has been growing ever since.
16 January 2016. Lebombo is being refashioned by Celile & Boyde. The upgrade will involve an overall polishing of a cutting edge design that has always been ahead of its time!Subtle, but significant refinements to the guestrooms will enhance the flow between spaces and allow the rooms to connect even more dramatically with the surroundings. Common areas are going to be substantially expanded to extend the guest experience way beyond safari, while the kitchen will be opened up, re-organised and re-equipped to create a space that is aligned with the lodge’s unique design
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Your visit is sure to have a far reaching positive impact as it contributes to numerous conservation initiatives and community empowerment programs. These programs help to ensure a better future – not only for the land and the wildlife, but also for the local communities. In every sense, Singita is committed to facilitating the development of neighbouring rural populations through partnering with them on specific initiatives including education, healthcare, nutrition, training and business development.
Singita Kruger National Park is found on the south eastern reaches of the Kruger National Park, on South Africa’s border with Mozambique. Situated on 33,000 acres, this exclusive concession is one of the most incredible territories in the park and is home to exquisite selections of flora and fauna in four different eco-zones. This is where you will find Singita Lebombo Lodge.
Key sites/activities in the area
Daily game drives with professional guides and trackers. Walking safaris are an incredible way to experience the bush up close and personal.
For the adventurous guest, a mountain bike ride through the reserve just can’t be beat.
The Singita Boutique and Gallery, Not your regular curio shop, you will find original treasures that have been gathered from all corners of the African continent.
Singita, is the Shangaan word for ‘Place of Miracles’. In the spirit of miracles, Singita’s enduring purpose is to conserve, preserve, and protect the miraculous places of which we are custodians.
Children aged 10 and over are welcome. All normal safari activities can be tailored to suit families. In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
• Baking with the lodge chefs,
• Mini Rangers’ Course,
• Mountain biking.
15 x 1-bedroom suites:
• There is a swimming pool in the main lodge area
• Spa and gym facilities are available
• The Singita Boutique & Gallery
• There is a television available in the main lodge area
• Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal
• There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
Restaurants & Bars
• Swimming pool in the main lodge area,
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
• Visit to the Singita School of Cooking.
The Singita School of Cooking is a unique community development programme that provides youth from the local community with the skills required for a successful career as a chef. Upon completion of the 12-month training, students are assisted in applying for a position as a Comis Chef within Singita or at other lodges close to or within the Kruger National Park. Guests have the opportunity to visit the school, which is located within the staff village, as well as the chance to sponsor a student. Students who receive support keep in contact with their sponsors while studying, and sponsors receive a progress report of the student’s training.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• No.2 in Africa, Middle East and Indian Ocean, World’s Best Awards 2015, Travel + Leisure (USA)
• Ranked No.3, World’s Best Awards 2013 USA – Travel + Leisure Magazine
• Listed, Gold List 2014 – Top 10 Best Africa Safari Lodges and Wilderness Spots 2014 (USA), Condé Nast Traveler Magazi
• Ranked no. 12 in Africa, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA)
• Ranked no. 69 in the World, Readers’ Choice Awards 2014 , Condé Nast Traveler Magazine (USA)
• World Tourism Awards 2014, in recognition of the company’s outstanding contribution to environmentally conscious hospitality.
Number of employees