Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah
United Arab Emirates
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah
East Crescent, PO Box 24988
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Privately Owned – Al Habtoor Group
Date of Creation
The hotel’s soft opening was on December 24st, 2013. The Grand Opening Event took place on March 12th, 2014.
Hotel General Manager
Jan Moenkedieck,General Manager, began his Hilton Worldwide career in 1987 in Munich and followed by a career path that took him through Europe, Asia and the Middle East. He has enviable and extensive experience with luxury hotel openings such as the opening of the Conrad Hotels in Macau and Tokyo.
Luxury beach resort
WALDORF ASTORIA DUBAI PALM JUMEIRAH
History & Story
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah opened its doors to international travellers in December 2013 and is one of Dubai’s leading hotels. Inspired by New York’s legendary Waldorf Astoria and adapted to reflect the inspirational surroundings of the iconic Palm Jumeirah the luxury resort property has its own distinct character and timeless architecture.
The Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah is a luxury beach resort that provides a truly unforgettable experience. A pristine white pearl set against the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf, it has a generous private beach with soft sands, palatial public spaces and luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites of elegant and timeless design. Breathtaking views, abundant natural daylight and an understated sophistication echoes throughout the resort.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• The True Waldorf Service: a personal concierge is assigned to each guest and acts as their primary contact, before, during and – an industry first – after a stay, to guarantee every requirement and request is met.
• All rooms and suites are equipped with balconies and boost breath taking views over the Arabic Gulf or the Palm Island.
The hotel is situated on the world’s celebrated Palm Jumeirah in the heart of Dubai. The property is a mere 50 minutes from Dubai Airports and 15-20 minutes from the Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates.
Key sites/activities in the area
Dubai is one of the world’s most unique and dynamic destinations. Here are a few select attractions we believe every visitor should partake in during their visit to Dubai: Desert Safari, Dubai By Air, Dubai Heritage&Dubai Creek, Friday Brunches, Golf, The National Museum Of Dubai, Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa.
• The Waldorf Clock: brand icon, present at any Waldorf all over the world,
• Peacock Alley: legendary lane which connected towers of the first Waldorf in New York and now being a tea lounge,featured in every property,
• Social Restaurant, the only restaurant in Dubai run by a 3-star Michelin Chef
The hotel provides a Kids Club with entertaining games, development programs and excellent child care. The club is open from 10 AM to 7 PM for children between 3-12 years and is free of charge.
The 319 deluxe rooms and suites reflect the palatial surroundings and offer the luxuries of space and tranquility.Each room extends over at least 55 sqm offering a range of panoramic views of the Arabian Sea,the world famous Dubai skyline, or the iconic Palm Jumeirah
• 102 Deluxe Room Skyline Sea View, 55-64 sq m; King/2 Queen beds
• 72 Deluxe Room Palm View, 55-64 sq m; King/2 Queen beds
• 34 Premier Room Sea View, 55-64 sq m; King/2 Queen beds. Complimentary access to Waldorf Astoria Lounge with breakfast in the morning and refreshments throughout the day
• 29 Deluxe Suite Sea View, 110-120 sq m;1 King bedroom,business area and living room
• 23 Premier Suite Sea View, 110-120 sq m;1 King bedroom,business area and living room. Waldorf Astoria Lounge access
• 14 Waldorf Astoria Suite Sea View, 160-170 sq m;1 King bedroom,business area,kitchen,dining and living room. Waldorf Astoria Lounge access
• 1 Presidential Suite, 390 sqm;2 bedrooms,business area, kitchen,dining and living room. Waldorf Astoria Lounge access
• Royal Suite, 1500 sq m;2 bedrooms,kitchen,dining and living room,maid room,separate elevator, gym, pool. Waldorf Astoria Lounge Access
Restaurants & Bars
The hotel’s signature restaurant features the cuisine of Heinz Beck, Italy’s famed 3-star Michelin chef. Social is a restaurant and meeting point that offers fine-casual dining in an urban resort setting.
• Palm Avenue
Modern European pool side dining in a relaxed atmosphere,
Signature Bar with Venetian ‘Bacaro’ bites and live entertainment,
• Peacock Alley
Waldorf Astoria’s famous Tea Lounge modelled after the original in NYC,
All day dining brasserie with subtle Arabic details,
Pan-asian traditional dining in contemporary settings.
• Waldorf Astoria Spa and Gym (2000 sqm): 14 treatment rooms including 2 couple suites
• 1 lagoon pool
• 1 lap pool
• 1 shaded kids pool
• 200 meters of private beach
• Water sports activities and boat cruises
• Gym with view over the Arabic Gulf, open 24 hours
• Tennis courts
• Nearest Golf Club: Montgomery Club
Corporate & Celebration Events
Professional events team makes this the perfect location to host memorable private celebrations, corporate conferences, exclusive product launches, executive meetings and intimate beach weddings.Each of the eight high-tech, thoughtfully appointed meeting rooms are flooded with natural light and fitted with the latest in audio-visual equipment. Rooms have been designed with flexibility in mind and all of them come complete with access to the 24-hour business center and its amenities.The Waldorf Astoria multi-purpose ballroom spans over 740sq m, and is magnificent in design. The area can accommodate up to 600 guests for an event of any specification.
Extra Notable Features
• Non-motorized Water Sports: stand paddle board, wind surfing, sailing, instructor for sailing, kayaking, body board, pedal boat – Motorized Water Sports: microlight, parasailing, water skiing, wake boarding, knee boarding, fly fish, donut ride, banana ride, guest on boat, water buggy, boat cruises, sport fishing, deep sea fishing
• Courses: windsurfing, sailing, water skiing, wake boarding, knee boarding,
• Scubadiving: open water, advance open water, snorkeling.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• ‘Best 5-star New Resort’ – MENA Travel Awards
• ‘Middle East’s Leading New Resort’ – World Travel Awards
• ‘Best Luxury Hotel’ – Arabian Business Lifestyle Awards
Number of employees