Alila Seminyak Indonesia
Jalan Taman Ganesha No. 9,
Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia
Alila Hotels and Resorts
Date of Creation
1 October 2015
Hotel General Manager
Pierre’s passion for excellence and a ‘guest first’ mindset have fuelled a 20-year career to date in the luxury hospitality industry that began in his native Germany as an Assistant Manager with Hyatt Regency Cologne. Little did he know then that this would be the start of a long association with the Hyatt chain, where he progressed through the ranks as Assistant Front Office Manager at The Lowndes Hyatt Hotel, Front Office Manager at Grand Hyatt Berlin, Apartment Manager at Grand Hyatt Dubai, and Director of Rooms at Park Hyatt Dubai.
Itching to expand his experience in a different part of the world, Pierre joined One & Only Reethi Rah in Maldives as Director of Rooms, a move that marked his debut in Asia, where positions with the Capella Hotel Group in Singapore and Armani Hotels and Resorts in Dubai were to follow. By now General Manager Material, Pierre returned to his Hyatt roots at the helm of Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa and subsequently Hyatt Hotel in Dubai, before the charm of Bali beckoned Pierre has been the General Manager at Alila Seminyak since its opening in 2014.
Global brand that offers travellers a diversified collection of experience-driven boutique and lifestyle hotels.
History & Story
Unfurling along a pristine beach on Bali’s southwest coast, mere steps from the Indian Ocean, Alila Seminyak ups the ante on tropical cool. A stunning beachfront resort that radiates sophistication, vibrancy and vivacity, offering an indulgence of luscious lifestyle facilities and refined spaces for chilling out in style.
Main Strength, Special Touch
- Environmental goals
Alila Seminyak offers guests the opportunity to participate in its eco-friendly activities by constantly creating new Alila Experiences in support of its environmental sustainability policy while proactively encouraging the community to think green, especially in preserving the waterways, minimising the use of plastic and managing waste. The resort’s environmental initiatives include an in-house recycling programme and a ‘Zero Waste to Landfill’ programme designed to convert waste into useful by-products.
- An expression of your lifestyle
Allow our Leisure Concierge Team, local experts who know this region well, to guide you on your discovery of the destination through our Alila Experiences, lifestyle activities tailored to individual interests across five themes – Cultural Learning, Conscious Living, Active Spirits, Culinary Arts and Couple Celebration.
Alila Seminyak lies less than 30 minutes from Ngurah Rai International Airport and a short stroll from the fashionable streets of Seminyak, a hip scene of designer boutiques, galleries, trendy nightspots, fine dining restaurants and chic cafes. The resort is located in the centre of the Petitenget area with views of the town and beach. The sea here is great for surfing, the sunsets are legendary, the beaches are some of the best in all of Bali. Seminyak is also a great base for exploring Bali’s lush landscapes and cultural gems.
Key sites/activities in the area
Shopping, Dining, Surfing, Clubbing.
Guests can enjoy an energising start to their day with a complimentary morning yoga class.
– At the centre of the resort, facing the ocean is a Balinese temple. Given its importance to locals, the layout of the resort was inspired by a traditional family compound, designed to wrap around this sacred site. The temple garden provides an enchanting venue for wedding celebrations and events.
PLAY ALILA – a dedicated play space for our young guests, entertaining and engaging them with toys, games and fun, supervised indoor activities.
Opening hours: 7.00am – 9.00pm
Total number of rooms: 240
- Deluxe Suite (72 sqm / 775 sq ft): Offering a breath of fresh air in the tropical heat with easy access to the beach. The suite fully opens to a private balcony or terrace with daybed.
- Deluxe Terrace Suite (66 sqm / 710 sq ft): Located at ground level, just steps from the adults-only Serene Pool, these elegantly appointed suites open to a spacious outdoor terrace furnished with sun loungers, your own private chill-out zone.
- Deluxe Ocean Suite (60 sqm / 646 sq ft): Wake up to invigorating views of the ocean, saunter out to the beach, or slide open the door to your balcony or terrace, a perfect spot from which to admire the kaleidoscopic Bali sunsets.
Room Details: Beds One king-size bed and one sofa bed Bathrooms One shower and one bathtub, 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children maximum occupancy, size 72 m2 / 237 sq.
- Alila Terrace Suite (78 sqm / 840 sq ft): These ground level suites are everything a vacation haven should be – private, peaceful and comfortable. The spacious indoors extend out to a private terrace with comfy loungers, where you can bask in the sunundisturbed.
- Alila Ocean Suite: (72 sqm / 775 sq ft): Located within the main hub of the hotel with an ocean view, easy access to the beach, and for a spacious and airy indoor-outdoor feel.
- Seminyak Suite (117 sqm / 1,259 sq ft): Located at the heart of the hotel, the four exclusive Seminyak Suites surround you in the buzz of the hotel’s sparkling lifestyle facilities. A haven of unparalleled comfortwith quick access to the beach, and, an oversized balcony or terrace offering unobstructed ocean vistas.
- Beach Suite (177 sqm 1,905 sq ft): Offering the luxury of space with an apartment feel, the Beach Suites feature living and dining areas, a separate room with a sofa bed that can serve as a second bedroom or a meeting room, and a wraparound balcony with beach and ocean views. Located steps from the beach and the resort facilities, these suites are ideal for families.
- Penthouse (811 sqm / 8.729 sq ft): At a lavish 811 square metres, the Penthouse can only be described as the ultimate retreat. Step inside to three bedrooms, living room, kitchen and dining room. Step outside to a private pool, sundeck and a spacious terrace furnished for lounging, dining and entertaining. Its high vantage point offers the best views of the ocean and island. A magnificent setting for holidays with family and friends, as well as a spectacular venue for private parties.
Restaurants & Bars
Seasalt offers a tantalizing seafood dining experience in Seminyak, with a dash of Japanese infusion- exciting palates with an enticing taste of the sea in its fresh seafood selection. Stepping into Seasalt will take you into what resembles a cozy, stylish seaside residence, where the vibrancy of an open kitchen, the changing patterns of light and shadow on the outdoor decks throughout the day, and the feel of the ocean breeze add up to a relaxed coastal dining experience.
Opening hours: noon – 11:00pm
- Beach Bar
Named as The Best Sunset Venue in The Yak Awards 2017, the Beach Bar is a breezy spot for unwinding under the sun and stars. Sink intoa comfy daybed or armchair with a thirst-quenching juice, a cold beer, an aperitif or an Alila signature cocktail, served with locally inspired snacks as beach music sets the mood for revelling and relaxation.
Opening hours: 11.00am – 11.00pm
SPA ALILA SEMINYAK
Spa Alila at Alila Seminyak offers guests unique and customised spa experiences in a relaxed contemporary environment, where warm ambient lighting and the soothing scent of essential oils comfort the senses. Indulge in a variety of pampering and rejuvenating spa treatments using products handmade with only pure, natural ingredients, combined with personal consultations given by our friendly intuitive therapists. theThe spa also offers a range of yoga and meditation classes for guests who seek to invigorate their senses, along with a variety of self-care recommendations to maintain a balanced sense of well-being.
Opening hours: 9.00am – 10.00pm
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Event Centre
Adjacent to the restaurant and beach, the Event Centre houses two fully equipped meeting rooms, which can each accommodate up to 125 people and be interconnected into one larger room, providing a unique venue for executive retreats.
Whether you dream of an ultra-glamorous celebration, or a casual beach setting in which to exchange your vows, Alila Seminyak offers a majestic locale for unforgettable island destination weddings and celebratory events. Bathed in natural light, our banquet dining and function rooms can accommodate up to 200 guests for seated banquets as well as beachfront catering for up to 300 guests. Gorgeous venues in which to seal your love and celebrate your once-in-a-lifetime moment…
Our extensive MICE facilities include a variety of elegant indoor venues that can be configured for boardroom meetings and theatre-style gatherings. For events on a grander scale, our open-air terrace and event lawns provide ocean views settings for lavish banquets, or cocktail parties for up to 500 guests.
Extra Notable Features
• Leisure Concierge: Discover the many surprising sides to Seminyak, immersing in the local culture, traditions, and lifestyle. Not-to-be-missed experiences include a vintage ride along Bali’s gorgeous and glamorous southwest coast, a sensational personalised shopping day, and uncovering the secrets to the island’s romantic side.
• Infinity Pools: Beat the tropical heat with a dip in our infinity swimming pools, four public and one private including the Serene Pool, the Family Pool, and the ultra-cool Private Party Pool designed for group bookings and sparkling social gatherings.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Loved By Guests – Hotels.Com
• Certificate Of Excellence – Trip Advisor
• 50 Best Restaurants – Exquisite Taste
• Best Restaurant Guide – Indonesia Tatler
• Best Restaurants In Bali For Brunch, Best Sunset Bars In Bali – The Honeycombers Bali
• No-9 In Best Hotels & Resorts In Indonesia – DestinasianReaders Choice Awards
• The Best Sunset Venue – The Yak Awards
• Guest Review Awards – Booking.Com
• No-16 In Top Resorts In Asia – Condé Nast Traveler USA Readers’ Choice Awards
• Most Sustainable Restaurant – Now! Bali Best Restaurant Bar & Cafe Award
• 12 Eco- Friendly Hotels That Are Also Really Chic – Marie Claire
• Certificate Of Excellence – Trip Advisor
• Photogenic Escapes: The 7 Best Places To Stay In Bali And Lombok – Absolutely London
• Silver – EarthCheck Certification
• Listed In Five Of The Most Luxurious Resorts And Retreats In Bali – Huffington Post Online UK
• Loved By The Wanderluxe- The Luxe Nomad
2014 – 2016
• Guest Review Awards – Booking.Com – 2016
• The Best Resort – The Yak Awards – 2016
• Best Penthouse Or Presidential Suite – Rest & Relax Indonesia Hospitality Awards – 2016
• Best People – Watching Bar (Winner) – Zanadu – The Global Travel Experience Awards – 2016
• Bali’s Best Pick Hotels – FRV Bali – 2015
• Building, Planning & Design Standard Certification – EarthCheck 2014
• Best New Hotel Construction & Design Indonesia; Best Hotel Architecture Indonesia; and Best New Hotel Construction & Design Asia Pacific- Asia Pacific Property Awards 2014 – 2015
Number of employees