Ninh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Vinh Hy Village
Ninh Thuan Province
Date of Creation
03 Sept 2013
Hotel General Manager
Sean Flakelar first started in Amanusa’s as Executive Chef in 1992. In 2001, Sean was appointed General Manager at Amanjiwo. He then returned to Bali as General Manager at Amanusa & Country Manager – Indonesia. After 23 years working in Indonesia for Aman, he’s now GM of Amanoi in Vietnam.
Luxury beach resort
Amanoi is set on 42.2 hectares on the coast of Vietnam’s Nui Chua National Park. The design aesthetic for Amanoi reflects a contemporary vision of traditional Vietnamese architecture. The essence of the design is the juxtaposition between architectural components and the magnificent granite boulders
History & Story
Amanoi openned in September 2013 and set on 42.2 hectares on the coast of Vietnam’s Nui Chua National Park. Renowned for its rugged coastline, the National Park rolls in waves of green hills down from the distant Truong Son Mountains, before thrusting rocky promontories into the East Sea. Large boulders, the rugged topography and the incredible views are responsible for the choices in locating each component of Amanoi. In view of the relative isolation of the site and its importance as a natural conservation area, Aman needed to remain as discreet as possible in choosing materials, colours, volumes and massing, while retaining a Vietnamese essence to the design. As a result, there is an ever-present contrast between the drama of the site and the refined architectural language, created to complement nature.
Amanoi was deisgned by Jean-Michel Gathy
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The resort makes the most of its location, taking advantage of its topography which ranges from a dramatic cliff top and the ridge of a hill, to a protected valley cradling a lotus-filled lake. The private beach is backed by giant boulders which balance above thick evergreen vegetation. Despite the wildness and drama of the site, it is incredibly peaceful and private, with nature all around.
Amanoi is situated on a wide, mountainous promontory of Nui Chua National Park, overlooking Vinh Hy Bay. Located 55 kilometres south of Cam Ranh Airport, Vinh Hy is surrounded by unique rock formations and a marine reserve.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Vinh Hy Village (fishing village)
• Nui Chua National Park (trek)
Amanoi offers Kids activity menu
Guest accommodation includes 31 Pavilions, a number with private swimming pools, and five Aman Villas, all positioned on the hillside with impressive views. The design of the Pavilions and Aman Villas fuses contemporary elegance with traditional Vietnamese architectural styles. Views are either of Nui Chua National Park, the lake on the property, or Vinh Hy Bay and the East Sea. Pavilions are identical in layout and design, and each offers a combined living and sleeping area, as well as a timber sundeck with sun loungers. Features include a king-size bed, sofa, writing desk, LCD TV, sound docking system, wireless Internet, mini-bar and espresso machine.
• 5 Pavilions – offering picturesque views of the surrounding mountain or the lakeside vista.
• 10 Ocean Pavilions – with dramatic direct ocean views.
• 9 Pool Pavilions – sit around Lotus Lake, or are nestled into the mountainside with a private pool
• 7 Ocean Pool Pavilions – feature a private pool and majestic views of the East Sea
• 5 Villas (2/3/4/5 bedrooms) – Consist of 2/3/4/5 separate freestanding bedrooms, a private pool plus a living and dining pavilions. A live-in maid and chef attend to all guests’ needs, including the preparation of Vietnamese cuisine in a private kitchen.
Restaurants & Bars
Amanoi offers 2 restaurants and 1 bar:
• Serving Vietnamese and international cuisines, the Restaurant occupies the very heart of the Central Pavilion. Elegant and spacious, it offers an air-conditioned interior, as well as shaded al fresco dining areas. The Bar is set beneath the Central Pavilion’s graceful eaves with views of rolling hills and distant mountains.
• Beach Club: Overlooked by magnificent granite cliffs, the Beach Club is located on the sandy beach of Vinh Hy Bay. Designed to maximise the views, the Beach Club offers lounging and dining areas, as well as a swimming pool.
• Executive Chef: Daniel Woodbridge (From the UK)
• Executive Sous-Chef: Nhut Nguyen (From Vietnam)
• Amanoi has 2 swimming pools (Cliff Pool and the Beach Club)
• Aman Spa: set beside a lotus-filled lake, Amanoi’s Aman Spa is a destination unto itself, providing extensive facilities and a serene setting for relaxation and rejuvenation.Aman Spa’s facilities include five double treatment suites, all with unique double bathtubs, private dressing areas and showers; two hydrotherapy suites; hand & foot therapy rooms; and a hair & finishing salon for manicures and pedicures.
• Fitness Facilities: Amanoi’s fitness options include a spacious, light-filled gymnasium, a Pilates studio and a lakeside yoga pavilion. There are also two outdoor tennis courts and a number of scenic walking, running and trekking routes on the property.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting room for up to 25 guests
• Weddings and corporate events for up to 106 guests-
Extra Notable Features
• Kayaks & Hobie Cats: Vinh Hy Bay is known as one of Vietnam’s four most beautiful bays, and Exploring its interesting rock formations, hidden caves and secret inlets by kayak or Hobie Cat should not be missed.
• Snorkelling: The coral reefs fringing the East Sea feature delicate staghorn corals and are home to a myriad tropical fish (seasonnal activity)
• Yoga Pavilion: A series of stepped terraces lead down to the lake and the outdoor Yoga Pavilion. This is set on the water and surrounded by floating lotus blossoms. Guests can use the Lake Terraces any time of day for meditating, reading or simply enjoying the peace and beauty of the surroundings.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Travel + Leisure, USA IT List: The Best New Hotels, 2014
• Conde Nast Traveler, USA &UK – The Hot List, 2014
• National Geographic Traveler, China – 10 New Luxury Resorts in Asia, 2014
• Robb Report, USA- 100 Resorts, 2014
• Gallivanter’s Guide, UK – Awards for Excellence, 2014
• Andrew Harper, Best Spa , 2015
• Conde Nast Traveler, China – The Gold List, 2015
Number of employees