Ninh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Vinh Hy Village
Ninh Thuan Province
Date of Creation
03 Sept 2013
Hotel General Manager
In 2017, AMAN has appointed Nicolas Pillet as General Manager of the Amanoi Resort. Nicolas has a long experience in Asia, he has joined the Amanoi Resort in Vietnam having been General Manager of the Eastern & Oriental Express, South-East Asia’s only luxury sleeper train. General Manager at Ubud Hanging Gardens in Bali. Prior to his time in Bali, Nicolas successfully opened The Belmond La Residence Phou Vao in Laos, in 2002.
Nicolas began his career in hospitality in 1986 and has been also Executive Chef at the Belmond Jimbaran Puri in Bali. Based at the Amanoi, Nicolas oversee all areas of the Resort, working closely with the team to ensure high standards are maintained, Keep the resort as the best in Vietnam and integrating aspects of the local community into the hotel’s daily life, creating memorable experiences for its many discerning guests.
Luxury beach resort
Amanoi is set on 42.2 hectares on the coast of Vietnam’s Nui Chua National Park and overlooks Vinh Hy – one of Vietnam’s most beautiful bays. The design aesthetic for Amanoi reflects a contemporary vision of traditional Vietnamese architecture. The essence of the design is the juxtaposition between architectural components and the magnificent granite boulders
History & Story
Amanoi openned in September 2013 and set on 42.2 hectares on the coast of Vietnam’s Nui Chua National Park. Renowned for its rugged coastline, the National Park rolls in waves of green hills down from the distant Truong Son Mountains, before thrusting rocky promontories into the East Sea. Large boulders, the rugged topography and the incredible views are responsible for the choices in locating each component of Amanoi. In view of the relative isolation of the site and its importance as a natural conservation area, Aman needed to remain as discreet as possible in choosing materials, colours, volumes and massing, while retaining a Vietnamese essence to the design. As a result, there is an ever-present contrast between the drama of the site and the refined architectural language, created to complement nature.
Amanoi was deisgned by Jean-Michel Gathy
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The resort makes the most of its location, taking advantage of its topography which ranges from a dramatic cliff top and the ridge of a hill, to a protected valley cradling a lotus-filled lake. The private beach is backed by giant boulders which balance above thick evergreen vegetation. Despite the wildness and drama of the site, it is incredibly peaceful and private, with nature all around.
Amanoi is situated on a wide, mountainous promontory of Nui Chua National Park, overlooking Vinh Hy Bay, Ninh Thuan province, South Central Vietnam. Located 55 kilometres south of Cam Ranh Airport, Vinh Hy is surrounded by unique rock formations and a marine reserve.
Key sites/activities in the area
Vinh Hy Village (fishing village)
Nui Chua National Park (trek)
Po Klong Garai – Cham temple complex (cultural excursion)
Phan Rang city (local excursion: street foods, local market, pagoda,…)
Amanoi offers Kids activity menu
Guest accommodation includes 11 Pavilions, 18 Villas with private swimming pools including three spacious Amanoi Ocean Pool Villas, two Spa Houses and five Aman Residences, all positioned on the hillside with impressive views. The design fuses contemporary elegance with traditional Vietnamese architectural styles. Views are either of Nui Chua National Park, the lake on the property, or Vinh Hy Bay and the East Sea. Pavilions and villas are identical in layout and design, and each offers a combined living and sleeping area, as well as a timber sundeck with sun loungers. Features include a king-size bed, sofa, writing desk, LCD TV, sound docking system, wireless Internet, mini-bar and espresso machine.
• 9 Pavilions: offering picturesque views of the surrounding mountain, lakeside vista or ocean.
• 18 Villas: offering views of mountain or ocean and the bay, with private pools.
• 2 Spa Houses: in the convenience of guests’ pavilions, 2 Spa Houses – one featuring a Moroccan hammam; the other a Russian banya – allow guests to enjoy therapies in complete seclusion, with private spa facilities and 2 personal therapists.
• 6 Aman Residences: consist of 4-5 separate freestanding bedrooms, a private pool plus a living and dining pavilions. A personal butler attends to all guests’ needs at 24/7 at each residence.
Restaurants & Bars
Amanoi offers 2 restaurants and 1 bar:
• Serving Vietnamese and international cuisines, the Restaurant occupies the very heart of the Central Pavilion. Elegant and spacious, it offers an air-conditioned interior, as well as shaded al fresco dining areas. The Bar is set beneath the Central Pavilion’s graceful eaves with views of rolling hills and distant mountains.
• Beach Club: Overlooked by magnificent granite cliffs, the Beach Club is located on the sandy beach of Vinh Hy Bay. Designed to maximise the views, the Beach Club offers lounging and dining areas, as well as a swimming pool.
• Executive Chef: Daniel Woodbridge (From the UK)
• Amanoi has 2 swimming pools (Cliff Pool and the Beach Club)
• Aman Spa: set beside a lotus-filled lake, Amanoi’s Aman Spa is a destination unto itself, providing extensive facilities and a serene setting for relaxation and rejuvenation. Aman Spa’s facilities include five double treatment suites, all with unique double bathtubs, private dressing areas and showers; two hydrotherapy suites; hand & foot therapy rooms; and a hair & finishing salon for manicures and pedicures.
• Spa Houses: Setting a benchmark for the brand, the Spa Houses provide you with an exceptionally new spa experience indulging you with two specialist spa therapists and comprehensive private spa facilities in the convenience of your own pavilion. True to its name, Thuy Lien Spa House overlooks the lotus lake and inspired by the vista, features a hammam at the core of its facilities, whilst the An Son Spa House enjoys views of the national park and features a wooden-clad banya. Each Spa House encompasses a spacious double treatment room adorned with a mural, steam room complemented by an ice –fountain and cold plunge pool. The outdoor infinity pool, perched on a relaxation deck provides an ideal setting for escapism and reflection, whilst either a hammam or banya round off the thermal facilities.
• Fitness Facilities: Amanoi’s fitness options include a spacious, light-filled gymnasium, a Pilates studio and a lakeside yoga pavilion. There are also two outdoor tennis courts and a number of scenic walking, running and trekking routes on the property.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting room for up to 50 guests
• Weddings and corporate events for up to 106 guests
Extra Notable Features
- Water sports: Vinh Hy Bay is known as one of Vietnam’s four most beautiful bays, and exploring its interesting rock formations and spectacular cliffs by kayak, Hobie Cat or Schiller water bike should not be missed. (seasonal activity)
- Coral reefs: fringing the East Sea feature delicate staghorn corals and myriad tropical fish which can be enjoyed with guided snorkelling or sea scooter. This area is home to over 300 coral species, many of which were firstly found in Vietnam. (seasonal activity)
- Yoga Pavilion: A series of stepped terraces lead down to the lake and the outdoor Yoga Pavilion. This is set on the water and surrounded by floating lotus blossoms. Guests can use the Lake Terraces any time of day for meditating, reading or simply enjoying the peace and beauty of the surroundings.
- Goga peak: A short moderate hike follows an inclining pathway up to Goga Peak which starts from Amanoi lobby. Spectacular views from the top take in Vinh Hy Bay, the East Sea, coastal rock formations and the southern city of Phan Rang. Goga Peak is an idyllic spot for an early morning picnic breakfast, or just to relax and take in the breathtaking views any time of the day, right up until sunset.
- Cham ethnicity culture: This region of Ninh Thuan Province is home to the Cham culture, a key ethnic group believed to have its origins in this part of Vietnam. A very signature and must-see place is the Po Klong Garai tower which represents the distinctive art and architecture of the Cham and dated back in 13th century. Guests can visit a local Cham family, have meal and listen to their life stories, or join a sacred blessing ceremony by a Cham master in Amanoi.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
- Travel + Leisure, USA IT List: The Best New Hotels, 2014
- Conde Nast Traveler, USA &UK – The Hot List, 2014
- National Geographic Traveler, China – 10 New Luxury Resorts in Asia, 2014
- Robb Report, USA- 100 Resorts, 2014
- Gallivanter’s Guide, UK – Awards for Excellence, 2014
- Andrew Harper, Best Spa , 2015
- Conde Nast Traveler, China – The Gold List, 2015
- Gallivanter’s Guide, UK – Awards for Excellence – Best resort hotel worldwide, 2016
- Gallivanter’s Guide, UK – Editor’s choice awards – Best resort in SEA, Best small hotel/resort under 100 rooms, Best spa hotel worldwide, 2016
- Golden Panther, Austria – Best hideaways , 2017
- Gallivanter’s Guide, UK – Best resort hotel worldwide, 2017
- TripAdvisor – Top 25 Hotels in Vietnam, Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Vietnam, 2018
- Harper’s Bazaar, UK – The 100 greatest hotels in the world – Best for spa and wellness, 2018
- Elite Traveller, UK – Top 100 hotels, 2018
World Spa and Wellness Awards – Resort Spa of the Year – Asia Australasia, 2018
Number of employees