118/1 Moo 3 Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket 83110
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Nicolas Béliard
Keep the small number of rooms to extend the personal service to each guest and make the guests feel like staying in the ‘home of a good friend’, with warm family ambience.
History & Story
Amanresorts was founded by Adrian Zecha in 1988 through happy accident. While looking for a home in Phuket, Adrian came across a beautiful coconut grove overlooking the Andaman Sea. It made business sense to build a small resort to recoup part of his investment, and thus was Amanpuri conceived. Today Amanresorts owns and manages 27 resorts worldwide. Every resort is unique and offers a guest experience that is intimate and discreet. Certain elements characterise all Aman resorts, a natural location, facilities and a small number of rooms to ensure exclusivity and privacy.
All Ocean Pavilions were renovated in 2007 and Garden Pavilions in 2008. 3 Pool Pavilions were added in 2010. Maintenance for all the rooms and facility is held in June annually for the past 4 years
Date added extensions
1990: Opened 15 villas 1997: 15 villas 2001: Spa 2002: Gallery 2007: Naoki and BeachClub 2008: Gym and Pilates Studio 2013: 13 villas 2014: The Lounge added and Beach Club renovated
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Amanpuri focuses on the personal service paying attention in detail, with the wide range of service and facilities. I.e. Private beach, cruise, spa, gym and variety of dining option.
Situated above Pansea Beach on the west coast of Phuket Island, Amanpuri is a 30-minute, 25km drive from Phuket airport. Approximately 30min drive to Phuket Town or Patong area where variety of local dining options and activities are available.
Key sites/activities in the area
Big Budha on the hill, Chalong Temple, Golf, Elephant trek, Hourse ride and cruise excursions to naibourhood island such as Phang-Nga, Phi Phi, Similan.
Hotel is located at a secluded area, keeping the place peaceful and also outside activities, dining and shopping options are available outside the hotel for those who would like the local experience.
• In-room amenities for children
Sterilizer & cleaner for milk bottle, thermos, cot, baby bath and amenity box which includes body lotion, mosquito repellent and baby powder. Also we have a pool for children beside the beach, baby sitter service available at additional cost.
40 Pavilions in total are exactly the same in size (115 sqm), layout and design, the only difference is its location.
• Pavilion – One bedroom pavilion with outside dining sala, located along the resort’s internal passageway.
• Garden Pavilion – Pavilions amongst the coconut palms.
• Partial Ocean Pavilion – Pavilions slightly farther back from the shore.
• Ocean Pavilion – Pavilion with sea view.
• Deluxe Ocean Pavilion.
• Premium Ocean Pavilion – Enjoy premium full ocean view of Andaman Sea.
• Garden Pool Pavilion – Situated within the coconut plantation and features a private pool.
• Partial Ocean Pool Pavilion – Overlooking the ocean and features a private pool.
• Garden Villa with 2-8 bedrooms – A villa home in the garden with multiple bedrooms, living sala, dining sala, a private pool with private housekeepers and chefs.
• Ocean Villa with 2-9 bedroom – A villa home overlooking the ocean with multiple bedrooms, living sala, dining sala, a private pool with private housekeepers and chefs.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Terrace
Offers casual, all-day dining in an alfresco setting and features Thai and European specialties.
• The Restaurant
Serves Italian cuisine and is open for dinner
Serving signature French Kaiseki fare which combines the best of French technique with Japanese artistry. (High season only)
• Beach Terrace
Casual lunch beside the beach.
• The Bar
Offers poolside drinks and snacks.
• Beach Club
Featuring a cocktail bar, lounge and dining seating with a simple selection of Mediterranean Grill & Wood fired Specialities and a 20-metre lap pool
• The Lounge
Amanpuri newest dining and lounge addition offering a selection of Appetizers, Mozzarella Bar, Oysters Charcuterie and an Assortment of Artisan Cheese to compliment your Sunset Drink or as a light and casual alternative to Lunch and Dinner.
• Amanspa: Featured with 6 treatment rooms, Yoga sala, Meditation sala, Steam room with Thai herbs, Hot sauna, Beaty corner for manicure and hair set.
• Main pool of 26m long located at the center of Amanpuri
• A lap pool of 25m long at Beach Club
• Kid’s pool on the beach
• Gym located on the hillside, overlooking at the Andaman Sea
• Private pilates, personal trainer, yoga and swimming lessons available at additional cost
Corporate & Celebration Events
Group meeting, dining and any kinds of events can be arranged personally according to the volume, seasononality and individual requirement.
Extra Notable Features
• Thai cooking class can be arranged at the main kitchen with our executive chef or Villa kitchen with villa chef when guests are staying in the villa
• Complimentary morning sessions of yoga and meditation
• Any activities such as cruise, golf, diving, elephant trek can be arranged by the concierge at the lobby
• Water sports like Kayak, snorkel and katamaran are available at our beach (weather permitting)
• Thai afternoon tea ‘Kanom krok’ is available daily from 4.30-5.30pm
• Library with a large selection of books, magazines, newspapers, music CDs and DVDs.
• Meeting room
• 3 computers with printers for guest use
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Lonely Planet Asia, 2014 Resorts Hot List – Thailand
• World Spa & Travel, The 100 List 2013
• Condé Nast Traveler, Gold List 2012, Asia, Australia & Pacific Nations
• The Sunday Times Travel Magazine, UK, Best in the World 2012, Best Worldwide Resort Hotel
Number of employees