Moyo Island, Indonesia
Moyo Island, West Sumbawa Regency
P.O Box 33, Sumbawa Besar 84301
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
- The strength of the Aman brand
- Amanwana, on the private island Nature Reserve of Moyo, makes a unique destination and offers unparalleled guest experiences
- Remote location, secluded beach
- High privacy, with no other resort, business or public place around, and the nearest community about an hour’s walk from Amanwana.
- Deer, monkey and birds are just some of the wildlife around the camp, that guests can see every day.
- Nature Conservation; deer breeding, turtle hatching, and coral reef protection, as well as community projects, are supported by the camp’s foundation
- Nature Activities, such as a waterfall excursion, ridge walk, snorkelling, diving, cycling and fishing provide guests the opportunity to explore the island and surroundings.
- Un-spoilt dive sites with vast amounts of marine life, only minutes from the resort.
- A dedicated Spa Tent, with double treatment beds, air conditioning and bath facilities, as well as the open-air Jungle Cove Spa (with one double-treatment area and two single-treatment areas) provide a unique and relaxing atmosphere for guests to enjoy Aman Signature Rituals as well as locally inspired treatments.
History & Story
Opened in 1993, Amanwana is set in the middle of pristine wilderness on the western coast of Moyo Island, north of West Sumbawa, which is east of Bali and Lombok Islands in Indonesia. Surrounded by natural tropical rainforests and a diverse marine environment, the Hotel offers 12 luxury tents and an excellent view of Medang Island, the mountains of Sumbawa, Lombok’s volcanic Mount Rinjani and the Flores Sea.
Positioning Selling Statement
Seated on an approximate 50-hectare plot of land on a secluded bay on Moyo Island, the Hotel offers a comfortable and ‘back-to-nature’ vacation experience with its open and direct access to the jungles and marine environment, right at its doorsteps. Besides beach, water sports and jungle activities, Amanwana also offers guests unmatched diving opportunities with the Amanwana Dive Centre as well as a fleet of boats available for excursions and private charters. Guests also benefit from camp facilities including the boutique, library, plunge pool, spa treatment facility, bar and restaurant.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Aman Voyages Concierge on hand to assist with your reservation, including transfer bookings, getting you from Bali to your tent in under 2 hours
- Full board meals, including local beer, house wine & spirits and soft beverages, further ensures a worry-free stay
- Complimentary activities during stay ensure guests experience the highlights of Amanwana and Moyo
- Protected marine area and house reef, ideal for snorkelling and diving, showcases an array of marine life
- Amanwana Dive Centre offers dive experiences for beginners and certified divers alike, and a range of PADI qualifications, including advanced and specialised certifications
- The Moyo Conservation Fund supports key environmental and cultural initiatives on Moyo Island and enables Amanwana to continue important conservation projects in the area
- Surrounded by nature, guests can disconnect from the chaos of daily life with treks through the jungle and to panoramic viewpoints
- An abundance of wildlife, from rusa deer roaming camp to wildlife-viewing adventures into the jungle, excites and inspires children and adults alike
- A fleet of boats for excursions, leisure cruises and charters allows guests to explore the Outer Reefs and hidden beaches
- The Jungle Cove Spa & Spa Tent provide the ultimate spa experiences based on guest preference
Scheduled air transfers between Bali and Sumbawa
Cessna Grand Caravan Charter, 1 hour flight from Denpasar to Sumbawa Basar; flights scheduled three times weekly per the resort schedule. USD 525 per guest per way.
Private Cessna Grand Caravan Charter, upon plane availability. Contact resort for quotation.
Boat transfer 45 minutes Sumbawa – Amanwana, Moyo Island. Boat transfers are included for guests booking the scheduled charter flight. Guests booking commercial flights to Sumbawa will be subject to USD 145 per guest per way. Children under 12 are complimentary.
Commercial flights also available daily between Bali and Sumbawa with stopover in Lombok.
ALL FLIGHTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
ALL FLIGHTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Key sites/activities in the area
Top 5 Excursions or Activities
- Diving or Snorkelling
- Waterfall Excursion
- Satonda Island Adventure
- Self-guided treks along Amanwana Ridge and to Crocodile Head
- BBQ Dinner on the Beach with campfire
- The Moyo Conservation Fund supports several sustainability initiatives on Moyo Island. Learn about the camp’s dedication to conservation through their work with coral reefs, sea turtles and the local deer population.
- Amanwana sits in the midst of 32,000 hectares of protected jungle and surrounded by a protected Marine Park
- Salma the deer loves to meet guests; she can often be found by the Restaurant, where guests can feed her water spinach
• Fish Feeding
• Sandcastle Building
• Swimming, Snorkeling
• Nature walks, star gazing
• 3 Jungle Tents
• 9 Ocean Tents
Restaurants & Bars
- Main Dining area at the Restaurant with al-fresco & outdoor dining and an adjacent Bar
- Beach Bar
- Private Dining
- Beach and Excursion Picnics
- Spa Tent – offering privacy for individuals or couples in a double treatment room
- Open air “Jungle Cove Spa” – offering al-fresco treatments in three private treatment areas; one double treatment area and two single treatment areas
Corporate & Celebration Events
Ideal place for small meeting and buyout.
Extra Notable Features
- PADI 5*Dive Centre, with a team of Dive-Instructors and Dive-Masters
- Fleet of boats for excursions, fishing and private charters
- Complimentary experience inclusions during guest stay
- All bookings are on full-board, inclusive of local beer, house wine & spirits and soft beverages
- Guests receive 5 pieces of laundry per guest per day complimentary
- In-tent minibar and tea & coffee station included in the rate
- Amanwana is located in a Nature Reserve and Marine Park area, boasting nature at the doorstep and colourful marine life waiting to be discovered
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees