Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills Japan
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
1-23-4 Toranonmon, Minato-Ku, Tokyo,
Mori Hospitality Corporation
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Ross Cooper
5 Star boutique
Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
History & Story
At the heart of the vast and ever-pulsating urban flux that is Tokyo, a striking new tower now steadily rises.
Hyatt Hotels’ first Andaz hotel in Japan, Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills opened on 11 June 2014 in the second-tallest highrise in this dynamic capital. Andaz means “Personal Style” in Hindi, representing a new philosophy of service in a sophisticated yet unscripted style. Since its 2007 debut in London, Andaz has offered an environment free of barriers, where ideas are exchanged and encouraged.
Collaboration of two designers – renowned designer Toni Chi from New York and Tokyo-based Shinichiro Ogata – has been critical to the hotel’s approach of merging local culture with design.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Creating inspiring experiences and offerings through the Toranoman neighborhood’s rich history and culture, helping guests to know their surroundings more intimately and leave feeling like a local, we provide a space where our guests have an emotional connection with the brand, team and location.
Literally meaning “Tiger’s Gate,” Toranomon was the name of the gate of Edo Castle. To protect this sacred land, temples and shrines built and still remain with enduring attractions. Tokyo Metropolis redevelop this area to be ready for the Tokyo Olympic in 2020, which means Toranomon become a bridge between Tokyo’s fascinating past and dynamic future.
Key sites/activities in the area
With easy access to Ginza shopping, the Marunouchi financial district, government buildings in Kasumigaseki, and the business and entertainment areas of Shinbashi, Akasaka, and Roppongi, Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills is ideally poised to accommodate business and leisure travellers alike. Toranomon Hills is just seven minutes on foot from Tokyo Metro Toranomon and ten minutes from the JR Shinbashi and Tokyo Metro Kamiyacho stations.
One of Tokyo’s oldest districts, the prestigious Toranomon area was one of several key points along the outer moat of Edo Castle, the social and political centre of Japan during the 1603–1867 rule of the Tokugawa shogunate. A number of such gates, or fortified bridges, as well as temples and shrines, were strategically placed in the capital to ward off evil spirits, and the tiger gate of Toranomon was one such symbolic protector. Historical landmarks such as the Atago Shrine, Zojoji Temple and Hamarikyu Gardens, as well as traditional craftsmen’s workshops, remain in the area today.
• Children 12 years of age and younger sharing a room with their parents are free of charge. An extra bed, if required, will be provided on a complimentary basis.
• Children over 4 years of age have a complimentary access pool with parents.
• The 164 spacious guestrooms, including eight suites, are located on floors 47-50.
• Standard guestrooms average 50 square metres (540 square feet) offers unparalleled views of the Tokyo skyline.
• Drawing upon Japanese tradition, the design of guestroom incorporates natural materials and partitions that allow one to customize the space based on personal style
• In true Andaz fashion, all non-alcoholic mini-bar drinks and locally inspired snacks will be complimentary, as are local telephone calls and wireless Internet access, making a stay at Andaz as seamless and barrier- free as possible.
• The bathroom is equipped with deep soaking tubs inspired by Japanese bath culture.
• Locally made linens top bed and wide windows grant views of the city of Tokyo.
• All guests rooms at Andaz Tokyo are smoke-free.
Restaurants & Bars
• Andaz Tavern
Adjacent to the hotel’s arrival on the 51st floor, it serves refined European provincial cuisine, prepared with seasonal indigenous Japanese ingredients.
• Rooftop Bar
Crowning the hotel on the rooftop of the 52nd floor, it creates the great mood and vibe for cocktails with indoor and open air seating with glass rooftop.
It is where Guests and residents from the neighborhood can enjoy the Andaz flavor on the street level with, a casual, all-day eatery serving burgers and local draught beer.
• Pastry Shop, offers fine patisserie, simple savories and premium coffee selections for eat-in or takeout.
• The SUSHI
Eight seat sushi counter resembling a dimly lit Japanese tea room. Using only the freshest of seasonal ingredients, Master Sushi Chefs skillfully prepare an “omakase-style” menu in this intimate setting for an authentic sushi experience.
AO Spa & Club offers a spacious Spa and Fitness facility spanning over 1,350 square metres on the 37th floor. Overlooking the Imperial Palace, the Spa features a 20-metre swimming pool with a unique carbonated pool and floating jet pool, five spa treatment suites and a full range of the most advanced fitness training equipment.
• Operation Hours : 5:00 – 22:00 (Last check-in at 21:30)
• Complimentary acess for all hotel guests to fitness centre (Pool, Gymnasium, Locker Room, Sauna, Shower Room)
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills also offers 8,200 square feet (770 square meters) of distinctive social spaces with fluid layouts and functional design, creating environments that dissolve barriers and encourage interaction and conversation.
• Six Andaz Studios are located on the 51st floor and are fitted for smaller customized events or business meetings. They include a Chef’s Studio, which is a flexible event space featuring a show kitchen ideal for intimate social or family gatherings, as well as the Tokyo Studio, which provides expansive views of the city in two directions. The Rooftop Studio on the 52nd floor features a theatrical show kitchen and open-air terrace, bringing alfresco dining and entertainment to new heights in the city.
Extra Notable Features
Andaz Salon program and is dedicated to creating a stage where creative minds can come together, explore, learn and share.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Best Urban Hotels – Wallpaper*
• Best Design Hotels – Conde Nast Traveler China
• Top 101 Suites – Elite Traveler’s World List
• New Spa of the Year – AsiaSpa Awards Shortlist
Number of employees