Banyan Tree Lijiang
Banyan Tree Lijiang
Yuerong Road, Shuhe, Gucheng District, Lijiang,
Yunnan Province 674100
Banyan Trees Hotels & Resorts
Banyan Tree Holdings
Date of Creation
October 28, 2006
Hotel General Manager
Nigel Fisher. More than 20 years of senior management experience in 5 star deluxe hotels and resorts. Over 15 years’ experience in executive management positions. Accomplished in managing owner’s relations, contracts and agreements. Project management for hotel refurbishments, redevelopments as well as pre-opening experience. Quality improvement and stressed hotel re positioning to five star standard. F&B concept development and ancillary product improvement. Restructuring, labour efficiency and cost management, focus on revenue retention to maximize return for owners. Recruitment, training and mentoring of over 50 division and department heads.
5- Star Luxury Resort
Banyan Tree Lijiang
History & Story
The area’s first five-star hotel to be built in the Naxi style, the Banyan Tree Lijiang is notable for its architectural details, like its upturned phoenix roof and high-walled courtyards. But the hotel isn’t lacking in Western comforts, and the well-trained staff exceeds the expectations of its mostly international clientele.
Date added extensions
In 2009, Banyan Tree Lijiang extended to 124 villas and rooms in total. Before we had 55 villas.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Come live in a fairytale, where quaint bridges arch over neat water canals and cobblestone streets stretch along a wonderful array of architecture. Here, ethnic charm meld with living history to awaken your spirit. Welcome to Lijiang. Declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997, Lijiang has been aptly referred to as the Venice of the Orient.
Located 2,410 meters above sea level in the heart of China and just 40 minutes away from Lijiang Airport, the resort is 15 minutes from the historical UNESCO town of Dayan, which is known for its winding canals, bridges, and cobblestone streets.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Dayan Old Town, Shuhe Old Town, Baisha Old Town, the UNESCO town.
• Jade Gragon Snow Mountain
• Tiger Leaping Gorge.
• Sanduo Festival ( local traditional festival, in March, 3 days every year, the biggest festival for Naxi People).
Spa, 24 hours Gym, Library, Local Naxi dancing before dinner, Cycling tour ( half day, cycling follow the trekking map), Children’s Corner.
Banyan Tree Lijiang dosen’t have the Kids club, during the high season or family days, we arrange some local activities for children, such as handmade paper-cut, baking in our kitchen and local cultrue tour with our tour guide.
Totally 124 villas and rooms:
• Garden Suite
• Mountain View Suite
• SPA Sanctuary Duplex ( including SPA treatments )
• Jet Pool Villa (most popular villa category, panoramic snow mountain view, 38C private Jacuzzi in the garden).
• Plunge Pool Villa （4m*2m*1.3m）
• Two-Bedroom Jet Pool Villa
• Three-Bedroom Mountain View Jet Pool Villa
• Presidential Villa.
Restaurants & Bars
• Baiyun Chinese Restaurant
• Mingyue Yunnan Cuisine Restaurant. ( Concentrate on Yunnan local Cuisine, all day dining )
• Library ( Hotpot Dinner )
• Wenhai Bar
Banyan Tree Lijiang Spa
Banyan Tree Spa features an indulgent array of massages, each designed to soothe the body and release muscle tension through the healing touch of our professionally trained therapists. Emerge from each massage completely relaxed and rejuvenated.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
It is worth mentioning that in order to enhance the guests experience and food quality, Banyan Tree Lijiang opened up an organic vegetable garden. Garden planted seasonal vegetables and fruits, Yunnan cuisine restaurant dishes are derived from this. While Banyan Tree Lijiang opened cooking class for our guests, guests can personally pick up in the garden, and then follow our chef to learn how to make traditional Yunnan dishes.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• City Traveler 2015-2016 City Traveler Best Hotel Awards — The Best Vacation Destination Hotel Award
• Travel + Leisure 2015 China Travel Awards — 2015 China’s Top 100 Hotels
• Travel Info 2016 The Best Hotel & Resort Awards — Hotel with Best Villa Design
• Travel + Leisure 2014 China Travel Awards — 2014 China’s Top 100 Hotels
• Travel + 2014 China Travel Awards — The Best Hotel & Resort
• TTG 2014 The Best Spa Resort
Number of employees