Banyan Tree Phuket Thailand
Banyan Tree Phuket
33,33/27 Moo 4, Srisoonthorn Rd.,Cherngtalay, Talang, Phuket 83110
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
26 September 1994
Hotel General Manager
Mr.Sriram Kailasam – Senior Assistant Vice President and General Manager of Banyan Tree Phuket
Sanctuary, 6 star, all-pool villa luxury resort
As the first resort of our brand, we wish to work hard and passionately aim to be the best in class for every Banyan Tree standard.
We want to have empowered associates to create great memories for our guests and generate profit for our shareholders.
Banyan Tree Phuket
History & Story
Sustainability From The Start
Thirty years ago, our founders purchased a vast expanse of coastal land in Phuket, Thailand punctuated by lagoons of the most intense cobalt blue. Only to discover that its beauty came not from Mother Nature, but the pollution by the previous tenant, a tin mine. Rather than walk away, they dedicated themselves to cleansing the acid-laden soil by planting more than 7,000 trees. In doing so, they transformed this ecological wasteland into the first environmentally sensitive Banyan Tree resort in 1994. Since those beginnings our passion and focus on the journey, discovery and the romance of travel remains at the core of our business today.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• All-pool villa luxury resort
• 3 different resort within a resort
• catering to couples and families
Located at the shores of Bang Tao Bay, Banyan Tree Phuket is just a 20-minute drive away from Phuket International Airport and a 25-minute drive from Phuket town. The Banyan Tree Phuket is part of Asia’s first integrated resort, Laguna Phuket, which consists of five luxury hotels, six palm-fringed lagoons, 600 acres of parkland, three kilometres of pristine beach.
Key sites/activities in the area
Destination Dining, Adventure Bike Tour, Nordic Walk, Couples Spa Retreat, Cooking Class, Intimate Moment, Yoga, In-Villa Dining, Rejuvenate your Body and Mind, Afternoon Tea, Tennis Introduction, Morning Jogging, Beach Volleyball, Trekking Adventure Tour, Weight Training, Aerobox Muay Thai, Aquacise, and Kayak Adventure Tour.
Lagoon activities including water bike, water ball, kayak and stand up paddle
• Turtle Club Just For Kids
The Turtle Club opens from 08:00am to 6:00pm daily and provides fun outdoor activities for children. Children aged five and above can earn the Banyan Tree Ranger Status while discovering unique Thai flora and fauna on a morning nature trail, as well as hand and crafts activities like umbrella making, batik painting and flower arrangements led by the recreation team.
• Banyan Tree Phuket 137 villas
34 Banyan Pool Villas, Garden View
10 Banyan Lagoon Pool Villas, Lagoon View
36 Signature Pool Villas, Garden View
10 Grand Lagoon Pool Villas, Lagoon View
25 Signature Two Bedroom Pool Villas, Garden View
22 Grand Two Bedroom Pool Villas, Garden View
• Banyan Tree Spa Sanctuary 12 villas
12 Spa Pool Villas, Lagoon and garden view, unlimited in-villa massage-foot ritual upon check-in.
• DoublePool Villas by Banyan Tree 26 villas
14 One Bedroom Double Pool Villa, Garden View
11 Two Bedroom Double Pool Villas, Garden and Lagoon View
1 Three Bedroom Double Pool Villas, Garden View
• Total 175 Villas
Restaurants & Bars
Banyan Tree’s signature restaurant offering authentic Thai cuisine.
• The Watercourt
An open-air restaurant with lagoon view, Asian and Western cuisine.
Al fresco restaurant offers authentic Japanese cuisine by a Japanese Master Chef Shiraishi Kikuo.
• Banyan Café
A casual open air and air-conditioned cafe with a tranquil scenery of Laguna Phuket Golf Club.
• Tre restaurant
A combination of French and Vietnamese cuisine.
• In-Villa Dining
A 24 hrs. service in-villa dining.
• Pool Bar
Poolside and in-pool dining.
• Lobby Bar
An open-air selection of cocktails and champagnes
•New Wellbeing • Mindful Awareness • Urban Detox • Spa • Yoga and Pilates Pavilion
• Library • Turtle Club • Golf • Banyan Tree Gallery •Bangtao Beach
• Fitness Pavilion • Fitness Pavilion •Tennis Courts • Swimming Pool
Corporate & Celebration Events
Meeting rooms : Banyan, Angsana North, Angsana South, Cassia, Wine Rack
Extra Notable Features
• Cooking Classes
• Couple Yoga Session
• Golf School / Driving Range
• Beach Wedding
• Orchid Garden Wedding
• Sanya Rak Dinner Cruise
• Lagoon Deck Wedding
• Dinner of the Senses
• Couples Spa Retreat
• Kayak Adventure Tour
Corporate and celebration events:
• Meeting rooms: Banyan, Angsana North, Angsana South, Cassia, Wine Rack
Extra notable features:
• Banyan Tree Spa, Fitness Centre, Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Laguna Golf Academy Phuket, Main Swimming Pool, Watersports Centre, Cooking Classes, Bangtao Beach, Library, Romance, Swimming Pool, Yoga Pavilion, Tennis Court, Turtle Club Just For Kids, and Banyan Tree Gallery
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• 2015 Travel & Leisure China Awards – Best Spa Resort 2015
• Smart Travel Asia – Best Spa Hotel #1
• World’s Golf Award 2016 -Thailand’s best golf hotel #1
• 2016 Conde Nast – Best Overseas Spas in the world #9
• 2016 Conde Nast – Best Asia Resort #31
• DestinAsian Readers’ Choice Awards 2016 – Best Hotel in Phuket #1
• DestinAsian Readers’ Choice Awards – Banyan Tree Phuket (3rd consecutive year, 9th win)
• Conde Nast Traveller 18th Annual Readers Travel Awards – The best hotels in Asia & the Indian Subcontinent #8
• Conde Nast Traveller 18th Annual Readers Travel Awards – THE BEST OVERSEAS HOTEL SPAS #8
• Best of The 45 Most Beautiful Hotels in Thailand – Voyages De Reve – Bronze Award
SmartTravelAsia.com 2015 BEST IN TRAVEL POLL – Top 25 Spa Hotels & Resorts #1
• The Best Destination Spa in The World by Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s Readers Choice Awards 2013 on March 2014
Conde Nast Traveller reader awards – 6th in the ‘Asia & India’ hotel category
Number of employees