Belmond Governor’s Residence
Belmond Governor’s Residence
35 Taw Win Road, Dagon Township
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Eddie teh
BELMOND GOVERNOR’S RESIDENCE
History & Story
The elegant teak mansion was built in the 1920s. The two-story mansion, as its official name denotes, served as the official residence of the governor of Kaya State. In 2006 the hotel became part of Orient – Express Hotels Ltd., which in March 2014 changed its name to Belmond Ltd. At this point the hotel changed its name to Belmond Governor’s Residence. The hotel is located in a quitet leafy residential area of Yangon’s traditional Embassy quarter, within walking distance of the famous Shwedagon Pagoda. The downtown commercial and entertainment districts are just 10 mintues away by car.
Belmond our new brand name is announced March, 2014.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Resort Setting in the City
• Large Garden
• Romantic Terrace Settings
• Local Design and Ambiance
Belmond Governor’s Residence is ideally located within the elegant Embassy Quarter close to Yangon’s spectacular cultural attractions, including Shwedagon Pagoda, the National Museum, and the lively Bogyoke Market. The downtown commercial and enterainment districts are just 10 minutes away by car.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Circular Train : Taking the local circular train is one of the best way to catch a glimpse of real life in Yangon. 45.90 kilomers long with 39 stations, it can take up to 3 hour to complete full routes.
Bicycle Tour: If you want to discover the real authentic Yangon, avoiding the crowded hotspots, we offer the pssibility of using our hotel bikes for free of charges.
• Number of suites: 45 rooms
•Deluxe Room (39 sq. m)
• Deluxe Garden View room (39 sq. m)
• Governor’s Room (39-42 sq. m)
•Number of Luxury rooms: 4 rooms
• Junior Suite (48 sq.m )
•Two bedroom Junior Suite (60 sq. m)
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 49 rooms
•All accommodations offer: Daily buffet breakfast, Wireless internet, Welcome tropical fruits basket and cookies, Tea & Coffee service, Mini-bar, Hairdryer, Nightly turndown service and 24 hour room service.
Restaurants & Bars
•Mandalay Restaurant – Feature colonial theme with circa 1920’s British teak and hand carved furnishings. The cuisine is light and seasonal with an asian twist served in air-conditioned indoor comfort or on the veranda surrounded by lotus ponds and tropical gardens.
• Mindon Lounge – An open air colonial style that is perfect for evening relaxation. enjoy Yangon’s largest single Malt Whisky & Rum selection as well as selected Cuban Cigars.
•Burmese Table – Fragrant local curries, vegetables and rice are served buffet style over authentic charcoal burners.
• Kipling Bar – Perfect place to enjoy a traditional iced drink, local beer or something more indulgent.
•The Governor’s Oasis wellness center is a peaceful sanctuary in the heart of Yangon offering a range of body treatments, manicures & pedicures.
•Stunning fan-shaped freshwater swimming pool set amongst lush tropical gardens, surrounded by stylish and comfortable sun beds
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Extraordinary incentives up to 100 people
• Alumni groups
• Meetings up to 20 people
Extra Notable Features
• Tours and excursions – Grand, shimmering pagodas and stupas are an iconic image of Yangon. Arrange a trip to visit the Botahtaung or Sule Pagodas, said to enshrine the hair of the Buddha. Or head to the sacred Shwedagon Pagoda, which is plated with more than 8,000 solid gold slabs.
• Adventurous Tour to Twante – Twante village sits on the other side of the Yangon River and begs to be explored.
• Myanmar Cooking – Tour a local market and learn all about the exotic ingredients that make up Myanmar’s mouth-watering cuisine
• Market – Wind through the city’s quaint, narrow alleys and cobblestone streets to discover the secret gardens and historic buildings hidden within.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2016
• Tripadvisor2014 winner (Certificate of Excellence) Award to The Governor’s Residence by Orient- Express
• ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2014
• ASEAN Green Hotel Award 2015
Number of employees