COMO Point Yamu Thailand
COMO Point Yamu
The Yamu Limited, 225, Moo 7, Paklok Thalang
COMO Hotels & Resorts
The Yamu Ltd.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Andy KUNZ
5 Star Luxury Resort
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket
History & Story
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket is a new luxury resort located at the tip of Cape Yamu overlooking the Andaman Sea and the dramatic limestones of Phang Nga Bay. Interiors by Italian designer Paola Navone offer a unique expression of contemporary Thai luxury, alongside a COMO Shambhala wellness retreat and two world-class restaurants for Thai and Italian cuisine.
Paola Navone, based in Milan, is a world-class interior and furniture designer with a client roster including Armani, Knoll International, Alessi, Driade and Molteni. She won the Osaka International
Design Award in 1983. In 2011, Paola was awarded the Elle Decor International Design Award.
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket showcases her modern design thinking, which works with traditional, local techniques. The project, opened in late 2013, is not only Navone’s first hotel project but also her
first collaboration with COMO Hotels and Resorts.
Date added extensions
November 15th, Point Yamu opened COMO Beach Club on the secluded Naka Yai Island, 40 minutes from the resort by boat.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket, is a contemporary resort in Thailand located at the tip of Cape Yamu on Phuket with 360-degree views across the Andaman Sea’s Phang Nga Bay. Interiors of each villa and suite feature bright aquamarines and design elements drawn from Phuket’s Peranakan history. Dining options include poolside ‘La Sirena’, which serves Italian cuisine, and ‘Nahmyaa’, inspired by Thai street food. COMO Beach Club also features a saltwater swimming pool with a large sundeck and loungers. For younger guests, Play by COMO children’s activities are offered. COMO Shambhala Retreat offers holistic treatments, including special Thai therapies, while exploratory excursions include diving, snorkeling and beach drop-offs.
Our luxury resort in Phuket is located on Cape Yamu, a tropical peninsula on Phuket’s east coast that overlooks peaceful Phang Nga Bay. The resort is an easy 25-minute drive from Phuket International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
COMO Point Yamu, Phuket, has 360-degree views across the Andaman Sea and the ancient limestone karsts of the UNESCO protected Phang Nga Bay. The Bay, made famous by James Bond’s Man With The Golden Gun, has developed in recent years as a popular yachting destination with underwater attractions for divers and snorkelers. There are also opportunities for kayaking, sailing, fishing and rock climbing.
COMO Beach Club
• Secluded beach
• Saltwater pool with large sun deck
• Private ‘salas’ complete with a daybed, seating area, shower and bathroom
• Watersports centre
• Complimentary daily private boat transfers
(Open from 9am to 5pm (subject to weather conditions).
• Play by COMO and children’s activities
• Kids Club and Games Room with pool table, table football, darts, PlayStation.
Number of rooms in all: 79 rooms and suites, and 27 private luxury villas
• 12 Bay Rooms – 45 m2 / 484 sq.ft.
• 15 Verandah Rooms – 60 m2 / 646 sq.ft.
• 2 Verandah Room with Pool – 97 m2 / 1044 sq.ft.
• 21 Bay Suites -100 m2 / 1076 sq.ft.
• 9 Bay Pool Suites – 123 m2 / 1323 sq.ft.
• 7 Verandah Suites – 120 m2 / 1291 sq.ft.
• 7 Verandah Pool Suites – 156 m2 / 1679 sq.ft.
• 3 Phang Nga Suites- 164 m2 / 1765 sq.ft.
• Phang Nga Pool Suite – Size: 180 m2 / 1937 sq.ft.
• 1 Point Yamu Suite – 144 m2 / 1550 sq.ft.
• 1 COMO Suites – 300 m2 / 3229 sq.ft.
• 7 One Bedroom Pool Villas – 170 m2 / 1829 sq.ft.
• 7 Two Bedroom Pool Villas – 226 m2 / 2432 sq.ft
• Three Bedroom Pool Villa- 386 m2 / 4154 sq.ft. (there are 12 of them on property).
Restaurants & Bars
• Nahmyaa Thai ‘street food’ restaurant
• La Sirena Italian restaurant (all-day dining) and terrace with Phang Nga Bay views
• Aqua Bar
• Lobby Lounge
• Private Dining
• COMO Shambhala Cuisine
• Room Service
COMO Shambhala Retreat
Two double treatment rooms, Five single treatment rooms, One beauty treatment room, Four Thai massage alcoves, Yoga studio, Jacuzzi, Steam facility (separate male/female), Sauna (separate male/female), Relaxation area, Gym with weights and cardio equipment, 100m infinity swimming pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Weddings at Point Yamu – 570 square metres with 300 people at Lobby level
• Wedding Packages ; Thai Wedding Ceremony Packageor Western Wedding Ceremony Package
• Business at the meeting room with 122 guests
• Meeting Packages ; Full day meeting package or Half-day package
• Group activities and team-building programmes
• Event Dining, Event Spaces ; Jan1 and Jan2, Mook, Private Dining Room, Lobby Lounge, Meeting Room Chart.
Extra Notable Features
• Yoga studio
• Thai Cooking class
• Golf (Outsource)
• Diving – PP or similan island
• Pony club (Outsource)
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Travellers’ choice from Tripadvisor 2016
Trip Advisor Bravo and Certificate of Excellence (Trip Advisor) 2015
2014 – South East Asia Property Awards 2014
• Winner of Best Villa Development (South East Asia)
• Winner of Best Villa Development (Thailand)
• Winner of Best Hotel Architectural Design
Thailand Property Awards 2014 .
• Winner of Best Hotel Architectural Design
• Winner of Best Villa Development (Phuket)
• Highly Recommended for Best Residential Interior Design
Five Star Alliance
• Best New Hotels
Number of employees