Conrad Centennial Singapore
2 Temasek Boulevard
Conrad Centennial Singapore
Hilton Woldwide. Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Privately owned by Millenia Private Ltd
Date of Creation
November 8, 1996
Hotel General Manager
Mark Meaney has been General Manager of Conrad Centennial Singapore since 2013 and is instrumental in the continued growth and development of this high profile hotel.
Mark oversees the daily management and operations of the hotel as well as directing more than 600 hotel team members. His wealth of professional experience in the hospitality industry has been complemented by extensive training, including terms at Cornell University in the United States.
Born in Ireland, Mark has held several management positions in Japan, the United States of America and Ireland in his 17-year hospitality career. Prior to his appointment as General Manager, Mark held positions of Director of Operations and Director of Food and Beverage for four years at Conrad Tokyo. Before moving to Japan, Mark was the resident manager of the Mount Juliet Conrad, in Kilkenny, Ireland.
Mark is a graduate from the Shannon College of Hotel Management in Ireland with First Class Honours and a Higher Diploma in International Hotel Management.
The preferred address of the globally connected traveler, Conrad Centennial Singapore pulsates with the dynamic Marina Bay area, the hub of the city’s world-class financial, cultural and culinary scenes. Recognized by a distinctive exterior architecture and an impressive Asian art collection within, the hotel is a destination for those seeking intuitive, worldly luxury, where life, business and pleasure seamlessly intersect.
Conrad Hotels & Resorts is the destination for the new generation of smart luxury travellers for whom life, business and pleasure seamlessly interact – people who know that the greatest luxury is the luxury of being yourself. A global brand consisting of 23 properties across 5 continents, Conrad Hotels & Resorts offer guests personalized experiences with sophisticated, locally inspired surroundings and connections to people and places around the corner or halfway around the world. Intuitive service is delivered with the Conrad Concierge App that puts Conrad’s services and amenities at the guest’s fingertips, whether ordering room service or a wakeup call to customizing the room’s pillow options or arranging reservations at our locally inspired cuisine and spa offerings. Conrad is a global luxury brand of Hilton Worldwide with plans to add 12 more properties to the brand’s portfolio.
History & Story
Conrad Centennial Singapore is a 31-storey; luxury hotel conveniently located in Marina Bay, adjacent to Suntec Singapore – Convention & Exhibition Centre, with direct access to 1,000 shops and 300 restaurants, and close to Singapore’s major attractions and cultural centres.
Contemporary in design, the hotel offers 482 luxurious guest rooms and 25 suites, each with an array of home comforts and modern conveniences such as 46” HD Sony Bravia LCD television with home-theatre system, wireless internet connectivity, an extensive line of toiletries as well as a choice of 16 different types of pillows from the Conrad Pillow menu.
The hotel is home to an impressive Asian art collection, including original artworks such as the sculpture “Turbulence” by Rafael Barrios, a 15-foot geometrical sculpture located in the lobby; and “Harmony,” by Richard Sparling, a gigantic wall sculpture in the hotel’s driveway.
Conrad Centennial Singapore also offers a variety of award-winning dining options and a 24-hour in-room dining service. Enjoy the award-winning Golden Peony, a stylish Cantonese restaurant with artfully crafted delicacies and signature dim-sum as well as a thoughtfully selected wine list, as well as Oscar’s, which offers 24-hour Asian and international cuisine. The Lobby Lounge, with its plush seating and ambient lighting, is a haven for a relaxing evening and ideal for discrete business and social connections, and The Terrace, with direct access to the shopping and business area next door, is a trendy option for breakfasts & lunches to enjoy alfresco or take away.
With Singapore’s diverse cultures, dynamic outlook and commercial status, there are many attractions to visit during a stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore hotel. Visit the Singapore Zoo featuring 250 different species of animals, adrenaline-seekers should take a trip to Universal Studios Singapore for rides and movie-based attractions located on Sentosa Island, a serene resort only 7 km from the hotel, which also features pristine beaches and an 18-hole golf course.
In the north of Singapore, visit the Colonial Heritage precinct where you can take a walking tour of the colonial buildings and learn about the colonial history of Singapore.
Singapore is considered one of the best shopping areas in Asia. Shop luxury brands in one of the many shopping districts such as Orchard Road and Suntec City. Enjoy a wealth of shopping opportunities right next to the hotel in the Millenia development in Marina Bay.
A passionate supporter of the arts and community at large, Conrad Centennial Singapore has been the official hotel sponsor of the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) since 1999. Through its close partnership with the SSO, the hotel has had opportunities to host famous artistes and musicians which include Yo-Yo Ma, Anne- Sophie Mutter, Tan Dun, Okko Kamu, Sarah Chang, just to name a few. Other contributions have included supporting of accommodation for the cast and crew of wellrenowned musicals like the ‘CATS’, ‘Cinderella on Ice’ and ‘Stomp’. The hotel’s over 3000 original artworks by Singaporean and Asian artists which are displayed throughout the premises, further exemplifies the hotel’s appreciation, dedication, support and development of the arts.
Original Designer : Garth Oldershaw of HBA
New Designer : 2015, Richard Farnell
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Conrad Concierge app offers guests the ability to customize their stay from the minute they reserve a room.
Conrad Concierge offers access to in-room dining, transportation, wake-up calls, choice of amenities, e-check-in, and all of the hotel’s other service offerings, all from the palm of your hand.
Complete suite of luxury services including 24 hour doorman, nightly turn down service, 24-hour in-room dining, and dry cleaning/pressing services. The hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center featuring technologically advanced fitness equipment and workout sessions or indulge at The Centennial Spa offering massages and body treatments to rejuvenate and revive.
The hotel also provides customized amenities, with three choice brands including Shanghai Tang, Aromatherapy and Tara Smith.
The hotel’s friendly multi-lingual staff is conversant in English, Japanese, Italian, German, French, Chinese, Korean and Filipino.
Conrad Centennial Singapore is within walking access to over 1,000 shops and 300 restaurants; world class attractions such as Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, 6 museums; the Colonial Heritage area and one of Asia’s largest casinos at Marina Bay.
Key sites/activities in the area
Strategically located within walking distance to the city’s top attractions, Conrad Centennial Singapore offers convenient access to the dynamic Marina Bay area, with iconic attractions including Gardens by the Bay, The Esplanade
Theatres by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, six museums; the Colonial Heritage area and Asia’s largest casino at Marina Bay. It is also connected to various shopping malls featuring global and Asian high-street brands as well as local restaurant options. The hotel enjoys direct access to the city’s Mass Rapid Transit.
As part of the Conrad experience, each room receives a bespoke Conrad Centennial Singapore Teddy Bear and Rubber Duckie.
Enjoy modern comfort and sophisticated style with 507 guestrooms, including 25 suites and 96 connecting rooms spanning over 31 floors with luxury amenities.
• President Suite – This one bedroom President Suite offers stunning city and Marina Bay views and a personalized butler service (available on request). Measuring an expansive 149sqm/1600 sq ft, this suite includes a living room, dining room, pantry, powder room, bedroom and a walk-in wardrobe.
The suite provides two 46-inch TVs with home theater system, CD/VCD/DVD player, a Nespresso® coffee machine and complimentary WiFi access, Be refreshed in the large marble bathroom with bathtub and separate glass shower stall and extensive bathroom amenities.
• Executive Suite – Includes walk-in wardrobe, a selection of 16 types of pillow from our pillow menu, light pressing of up to 5 items of clothing and a late check-out at 1800 (subject to availability).
Unwind in this stunning, spacious suite with personalized butler service (available on request). Measuring an expansive 104sqm/ 1120sq ft, this Executive suite comprises a living room, dining room, guest powder room and bedroom.
• King Bed Business Room – Enjoy the luxury of this king guest room with tailored business benefits including complimentary breakfast by the pool, S$20 daily laundry allowance (non-cumulative), pralines, fruit plate on arrival and a guaranteed late check-out (1500hrs).
• King Bed Executive Premier – Enjoy the spacious luxury of this 63sq. m./680 sq ft guest room featuring Executive Lounge access including a champagne breakfast, evening cocktails and hors d’oeuvres, an all-day open bar, afternoon tea and fruit plate on arrival.
• King Bed Executive Room – Unwind in this well-furnished guest room offering 40-43 sq m / 430-463 sq ft of contemporary luxury with additional Executive benefits including a champagne breakfast, evening cocktails with hors d’oeuvres, an all-day open bar, afternoon tea and fruit plate on arrival.
King Classic Room – Enjoy the luxury of this Classic King sized room featuring stunning views of the Fountain of Wealth, the city or Marina bay. This guest room measures approximately 40-43sq /430-460sq ft and blends comfort with contemporary convenience. Work at the writing desk and stay connected with WiFi access (fee applies) or relax in front of the 46-inch TV with home theater system.
• Twin Bed Executive Room – 40-43sq. m./430-460sq ft, Executive benefits, WiFi, butler service, 46-inch TV, home theater
Unwind in the spacious luxury of this twin guest room offering Executive benefits including champagne breakfast, evening cocktails with hors d’oeuvres, all day open bar, afternoon tea and fruit plate on arrival.
Twin Bed Business Room
Business Floor benefits, 40-43sq. m./430-460 sq ft, complimentary breakfast, WiFi, 46-inch TV.
• Twin Bed Classic Room – Admire views of the Fountain of Wealth, the city or Marina Bay from this stylish twin size guest room. This Classic room blends comfort with contemporary convenience and provides a 46-inch LCD TV with a home theater system and a CD player.
• Twin Bed Executive Premier – Enjoy the luxury of this spacious Executive Premier twin room which features a separate parlor and bedroom, a 46-inch TV with home theater system, CD player and complimentary WiFi access. Enjoy added Executive benefits including champagne breakfast, evening cocktails with hors d’oeuvres, all day open bar, afternoon tea and fruit plate on arrival.
• Accessible Room – Designed for guests with disabilities, every accessible room features a spacious bathroom to allow easy wheelchair access, lowered hand basin and bathtub, roll-in shower and multiple grab bars. Blending contemporary comfort and convenience each room offers a 46-inch LCD television with home theater system, CD player, chargeable high-speed internet access, separate writing desk, in-room safe, mini-bar, complimentary coffee and tea, daily fruit selection, daily turndown service and a daily choice of newspapers or pillows.
Restaurants & Bars
Discover a multitude of memorable dining experiences at Conrad Centennial Singapore. Choose from refined Cantonese specialties, inspired international and local buffets, premium drinks, and Executive lunches.
• Golden Peony
Executive Chinese Chef Ku Keung together with an award winning team of Hong Kong culinary experts create an intricate menu featuring only choice Cantonese ingredients specially imported from diverse regions of China. Sample signature dim-sum in a variety of exotic flavor combinations or choose from a variety of superbly refined Cantonese dishes on offer. Golden Peony boasts an extensive wine list, specially chosen to complement Cantonese cuisine.
For a unique dining experience in quiet sophistication, Golden Peony also features a private dining room for up to ten guests.
Golden Peony is listed in Singapore Tatler’s 2014 Best Restaurants Guide.
Oscar’s provides a culinary journey that will feed your senses. We are open around the clock serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and supper. This all-time favourite restaurant offers a vibrant space to revive and refresh. Enjoy an impressive buffet highlighted by the largest Caesar salad station in town, freshly shucked oysters, succulent seafood-on-ice and live carving stations.
Oscar’s outdoor noodle bar serves steaming bowls of local favourites such as Laksa, Prawn Noodle Soup and Bak Ku Teh (pork rib broth).
A wide selection of over 40 wines-by-the-glass is offered, as well as a tempting selection of desserts including the hotel’s signature home-made waffles with ice cream.
• Amazing Graze
The popular Sunday Lunch offers free-flowing champagne, wine, beer, or sparkling juice alongside a sumptuous buffet.
• Lobby Lounge
Step into the cozy atmosphere in the Lobby Lounge, set amidst marble pillars and an opulent 24-carat gold leaf ceiling.
Enjoy a light Afternoon Tea with a selection of sandwiches every day or join colleagues for the Executive lunch. By night, the Lobby Lounge transforms into a picture of elegance and luxury. Choose from an array of premium cigars to enjoy with a fine assortment of Armagnac’s, ports and single malt whiskies
• The Terrace
The Terrace, with direct access to the shopping and business area next door, is a trendy option for breakfasts & lunches to enjoy alfresco / take away, or enjoy a wide selection of beer, wines and snacks, perfect to gather and unwind with friends.
• Executive Lounge
Enjoy access including a champagne breakfast, afternoon tea, evening cocktails with hors d’oeuvres, all day open bar and fruit plate on arrival.
• Italian born Executive Chef Michele Mingozzi was lured into the culinary world when his passion for this industry and food was recognized at an early age. Executive Chef Michele went on to hone his culinary techniques at the Hotelier School in I. P.A.S, Ferrara, Italy, where he learned to develop his own unique style and flair. He continued with his career at Michelin star restaurants such La Pergola, in Rome, Italy, Restaurant Schwarzwaldstube in Hotel Traube Tombach, Germany, Mosimann’s Private Dining Club, London, as well as Restaurant La Frasca in Castrocaro Terme, Italy. Executive Chef Michele also brings with him experience from Qatar, Doha, as Executive Chef from the Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels as well as Raffles Dubai Hotel and The Peninsula Manila Hotel as Executive Sous Chef.
• Executive Chinese Chef Ku Keung is a well known culinary personality in local media and hailing from Hong Kong, Chef Ku is known for his creative style and preparation of exquisite Cantonese cuisine which promises a unique dining experience. The Executive Chinese Chef has also served in many Head of State dinners and VIP events which have been well received.
• Hailing from France, Bruno Philippe, Executive Pastry Chef, is well known in the local culinary scene and has been in Singapore since 1985, as Executive Pastry Chef, he is the creator of the many innovative desserts and sweet treats at Conrad Centennial Singapore.
Indulge at The Centennial Spa offering massages and body treatments to rejuvenate and revive.
Work out at the 24-hour fitness center featuring technologically advanced fitness equipment and workout sessions.
Refresh by plunging into the 20m lap pool and swim lengths before unwinding for a relaxing massage at The Centennial Spa.
Corporate & Celebration Events
With its prime business location in Marina Bay, close to the financial and business districts, and adjacent to the Suntec Convention and Exhibition Center, Conrad Centennial Singapore is the ideal business hotel in Singapore for meetings and conferences.
Conrad Centennial Singapore offers a range of distinctive and exclusive venues including a unique pillarless ballroom, perfect for any social and corporate event. Enjoy personalized event planning by a dedicated team of experts to help organize every detail. From private dining to a full gala event, our team is committed to making your event the most memorable experience The Grand Salon and smaller salons are ideal for smaller events and the Pool Pavilion provides a tranquil outdoor location for cocktail receptions.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, Oscar’s
• Singapore’s Top Restaurants 2014, Golden Peony, Wine & Dine
• Singapore’s Top Restaurants 2014, Oscar’s, Wine & Dine
• TopHotel 2014, most popular in Singapore and the region, Conrad Centennial Singapore, HolidayCheck
• TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards, Conrad Centennial Singapore, TripAdvisor
• ASEAN Green Hotel Award, Singapore’s Best Restaurant, Golden Peony, Singapore Tatler
• Outstanding Cluster Award 2013, National Safety and Security Watch Group (SSWG)
• JALPAK Customers’ Choice Award, Most Favoured Hotel, Jalpak International Asia Pte Ltd
• Singapore Green Hotel Award, Singapore Hotel Association (SHA), Building and Construction Authority (BCA), National Environment Agency (NEA), Public Utilities Board (PUB), Singapore Tourism Board (STB)
• Patron of The Arts, National Arts Council
• WSQ Mentor Chef, Executive Chef Wolfgang Ranner, Conrad Centennial Singapore
• Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications and at-sunrice Global Chef Academy
• Certificate of Excellence, Conrad Centennial Singapore, TripAdvisor
• Singapore’s Top Restaurants, Golden Peony, Wine & Dine
• Singapore’s Top Restaurants, Oscar’s, Wine & Dine
• TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards, Conrad Centennial Singapore
• Travel + Leisure 500, World’s Best Hotels 213
• Conrad Centennial Singapore, listed and voted by readers with a score of 88.29, Travel + Leisure, South East Asia, January 2013
• Readers’ Choice Awards, Ranked 11th in Top 20 Hotels in Southeast Asia, Conde Nast Traveler
• Expedia® Insiders’ Select™ 2012 Hotel – One of Expedia’s Top-Ranked Properties, Expedia® Lodging Partner Services
• Certificate of Excellence, Conrad Centennial Singapore, TripAdvisor
• BCA Green Mark Award – Gold. Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
• Certificate of Excellence, Oscar’s, Tripadvisor
• Patron of The Arts, National Arts Council
• JALPAK Customers’ Choice Award – Most Favoured Hotel 2011/2012, Jalpak International Asia Pte Ltd
• Singapore ‘s Best Restaurant , Oscar’s, Singapore Tatler
• Singapore’s Best Restaurant, Golden Peony, Singapore Tatler
Number of employees