Conrad Koh Samui Resort & SpaThailand
Conrad Koh Samui
49/8-9 Moo 4, Hillcrest Road,
Tambol Taling Ngam,
Amphur Koh Samui,
Suratthani 84140, Thailand
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Lyle Lewis
CONRAD KOH SAMUI RESORT & SPA
History & Story
Conrad Koh Samui Resort & Spa, a luxury pool villa resort nestled on the lush, palm fringed coast and located on the south-west scenic hilltop of Thailand’s most desired island, is designed to ensure each villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets.
Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounge and bars, a private wine cellar and award-wining spa, the resort’s 25-acres provides a dramatic setting in which to take in views of the fabled five islands and to enjoy the island getaway, perfect for honeymooners, friends and family alike. The free-standing villas, all face the ocean offering panoramic views of the sea and outlying islands are decorated in a contemporary Thai style with high-end amenities for ultimate comfort.
Combined with Conrad’s distinctive touch of luxury and intuitive service, the resort offers daily complimentary boat excursion to nearby island and beaches.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Incredible Sunsets & Probably the best views in Thailand
• Privacy of pool villas with breathtaking ocean views
• Exclusive Fine Dining at Jahn
• The Award-Winnign Spa
• Clear water for snorkeling and relaxing
• Daily Beachside Activities, seaside and over water hammocks
• Complimentary boat excursions to Koh Matsum
• Complimentary return trips to Chaweng Beach
KOH SAMUI AIRPORT
DISTANCE FROM HOTEL: 28 km.
DRIVE TIME: 45 min.
Take state highway no. 4169, drive due S/W of the island to Baan Taling-Ngam. Turn right on state highway no. 4170. Continue on to Keereemas Rd. Follow rd until you reach intersection to Hillcrest Rd on the left.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Chaweng Beach: Shopping & nightlife
• Lamai Beach: Restaurants & bars
• Bophut: Fisherman’s Village
• Elephant trekking & adventures
• Championship 18-hole golf course
• Some of Thailand’s best scuba & diving sites: Angthong National Marine Park
• Big Buddha Temple & temple of the mummified monk
Visit « Hin Ta Hin Yai », a fascinating rock formations on Koh Samui’s south coast and a source of mirth and wonder on the island. Known as a coconut island, Samui Monkey shows are very unique and can be enjoyed at the open-air theater or the monkey training schools around the island.
Turtle Kids Club is a full-serviced adventure-land for children of 4-12 years old. Supervised by attentive staff who oversee a range of workshops, game sessions or relax and play in the warm water of the oversized infinity pool. Private babysitting is available. Open daily from 10 am – 6 pm
• Oceanview Pool Villa (standard room), 130sqm of indoor and outdoor space, 10m infinity pool, Personal expresso machine and gourmet mini-bar, Bathroom with oversized bath tub and rain shower, Complimentary internet,WIFI and Apple-based TV system.
• Waterfront Pool Villas, All standard room features. Lowest level on the hillside with the closest position to the ocean and main pool area to enjoy the soothing sounds of the Gulf of Thailand.
• Oceanview Retreat Pool villa, All standard room features. Commanding views of the Gulf of Thailand, Integrated Bose Sound System & Apple iPads, Fine Thai silks and authentic Thai handicrafts.
• Oceanview Two Bedroom Pool Villas, 297sqm of indoor & outdoor space over two levels, 12m infinity pool, Master bedroom and 2nd bedroom; Junior suite – each with marble bathrooms, quality fittings & spa-quality amenities, Both suites feature living areas and work desks, Separate living and dining room with kitchenette
located at the upper level.
• Oceanview Three Bedroom Pool Villa, 766sqm of indoor & outdoor space over two levels, Situated at the highest level of the resort, 20m infinity pool, 3 King-size bedrooms, Open-plan living and dining area, Private kitchen, Sun deck & private grass lawn terrace, Butler service and private chef can be arranged on request.
• Conrad Royal Villa is discreetly situated at the edge of the resort, offering absolute privacy and the most incredible views of the Gulf of Thailand.
A private stone pathway winds up through landscaped gardens towards this two-storey, Thai style villa. Opening onto a stylish foyer, the villa features a manicured viewing lawn and 22.5 meter infinity-edge pool, which stretches the length of the villa and seemingly into the azure sea and beyond.
The expansive living space is complete with designer furniture, including an oversized circular bed facing the spectacular vista of the sea. Soak in the oversized tub or refresh under the soothing rain-drop shower. Enjoy an unforgettable meal with friends at the sunken dinner table.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Cellar
An exclusive destination for memorable culinary experiences and interactive wine sessions. 8 seats.
The culinary jewel and award-wining restaurant, dine on the finest contemporary Thai cuisine in this exclusive venue as you overlook the moonlit resort and the breathtaking Gulf of Thailand. 28 seats.
• Aura Lounge
Enjoy an exclusive outdoor setting, perched high above the resort. Aura Lounge features premium spirits, innovative cocktails and superb vintages. Sophisticated yet comfortable, this exclusive lounge features dramatic open flame pits and chic furniture, perfect for special occasions or for a refreshing sundowner. 20 seats
Mediterranean specialties and sublime ocean views al fresco. The restaurant’s ‘Food Library’ showcases artistically prepared ingredients that are then incorporated into tempting dishes by our expert chefs. 86 seats.
•Azure Bar & Grill
The relaxed/open-air poolside restaurant is perfect for a more casual dining options. 22 seats.
• The Spa at Conrad Koh Samui: Offering an experience of unique quality that focuses on personal attention, sensory engagement, and exceptional results. Each of our treatments unites contemporary luxury with ancient healing traditions to enhance the well-being of your body, mind and soul.
• Fitness Centre: Strengthen your body and mind with a cardiovascular workout at the fully equipped fitness center or with a relaxing yoga session on the beachside deck or swim in a private pool at your luxury pool villa.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Conrad Koh Samui is an ideal venue for all occasions, from international conferences to intimate meetings and celebrations. Our creative meeting planners can design innovative themed parties, from spectacular gala events to informal celebrations.
Extra Notable Features
• Principles and methods of traditional Thai cooking. Lessons include appetizers, soup, main courses, and other Thai classics. Priced at THB 2,500++/person, inclusive of a glass of power smoothie. Available every day, from 3pm-5 pm. Advance reservation is required.
• Wine Appreciation at The Cellar, take a trip around the world of wine with resort’s sommelier.
Priced starting at THB 1,500++/person. Available on Wednesday and Saturday, from
5.30pm-6.30pm. Advance reservation is required.
• Private Boat trip, every Monday, Wednesday & Saturday from 7.45am-5pm. Price from THB 2,200/person.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Top 101 World’s Best Suites, Elite Traveler
• Readers’ Choice Award, Condé Nast Traveler Beijing
• Best Restaurants Award 2014, Thailand Tatler
• Country Winner: Best Luxury Wellness Spa, World Luxury Spa Awards
• Traveller’s Choice: Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Thailand, Trip Advisor
• Traveller’s Choice: Top 25 Hotels in Thailand, Trip Advisor
• Thailand’s Best Fine Dining Restaurant, NOW Travel Asia
2013 – 2012
• Thailand’s Hotels and Resorts Winner, Seven Star Global Luxury Award
• Best Luxury Resort Hotel, Anywhere Travel Awards
• Best Restaurants Award 2013, Thailand Tatler
• Continent Winner, Best Luxury Wellness Spa, World Luxury Spa Awards
• Best New Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific, DestinAsian’s Luxe List 2012
• Wellness Reader’s Choice Category Award 2012 « Best New Spa », SpaFinder
Number of employees