Conrad Rangali MaldivesMaldives
Conrad Rangali Maldives
P.O Box 2034, Malé,
South Ari Atoll, Republic of Maldives
Hotel General Manager
Five Star Luxury Hotel
CONRAD RANGALI MALDIVES
History & Story
Barefoot luxury meets unpretentious style at the five-star Conrad Maldives Rangali Island. Recently awarded “The Best Water Villas in the Maldives”, “The Best Suites in the World” and “Best Spa Resort in the Maldives”, this spectacular two-island resort boasts the most luxurious villas, three spas and the best dining experience in the Maldives, including Ithaa undersea restaurant, the only one of its kind in the world. Home to whale sharks, manta rays, dolphins, turtles and an extensive coral reef, this resort offers a tailor-made escape that touches the senses, revives the soul and simply affords you the luxury of being yourself. Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is the only resort in the country where you can watch the manta rays from dry land as they perform their nightly wintertime ballet under the bridge, just one of many special moments you’ll encounter during your trip of a lifetime.
All of our water villas were renovated in 2011, whilst in July 2014 each of the Beach Villas underwent soft refurbishment and a new team member island was created in order to maximise the guest areas on the main island.
Date added extensions
Conrad Maldives reopened on the 15th July, showcasing luxuriously renovated beach villas, a brand new tennis facility and a new staff island.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• The world famous Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
• One of the largest F&B operations in the Maldives, featuring 12 outlets, around 20k bottles of wine and over a hundred varieties of cheese.
• Two islands connected by a 500 metre bridge provides many different resort experiences in one destination
• Marine life here is some of the most vibrant in the country, including whale sharks & manta rays.
South Ari Atoll Reached by a 30-minute seaplane flight, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island offers three different resort experiences on two islands. Guests can enjoy the typical get-away-from-it-all Maldivian hideaway on tiny Rangali Island whilst also having access to the facilities of the larger and livelier main island which is linked to it by a 500m bridge. The third resort experience is at the Spa Retreat, an over-water destination spa that operates as a resort-within-a-resort set 100m off the tip of the main island.
Key sites/activities in the area
Our house reef and surrounding waters are home to whale sharks, manta rays, turtles and a wide variety of other marine life, offering you an underwater experience only moments from your doorstep that is unrivalled by other resorts. Experience it without getting wet if you prefer, in our submarine!
• Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is the only resort in the country where you can watch the manta rays from dry land as they perform their nightly wintertime ballet under the bridge.
• Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has the largest food and beverage operation in the country, with 11 restaurants and bars and a signature Chinese restaurant due to open later in 2014.
Our kids’ club, Majaa, is open throughout the year and offers our younger guests a VIP experience to rival that of their parents ! Activities are structured and fun, helping children to learn about the environment whilst also exploring the island. Another one-of-a-kind experience that they won’t want to miss is the Ice Cream Spa – the only one in the country !
• 35 Beach Villas (150m2)
• 42 Deluxe Beach Villas (300m2), with pool
• 2 Junior Beach Suites (368m2), with pool
• 2 Beach Suites (668m2), with pool
• 14 Retreat Water Villas (150m2), with Jacuzzi
• 7 Family Water Villas (150m2), with Jacuzzi
• 28 Water Villas (86m2) – small plunge pool
• 12 Superior Water Villas (76m2), with Jacuzzi
• 6 Deluxe Water Villas (115m2), with Jacuzzi
• 2 Premier Water Villas (152m2), with infinity Pool
• 1 Premier Water Suite (304m2), with infinity Pool
• 2 Sunset Water Villas (452m2), with infinity Pool
Restaurants & Bars
The world’s first all-glass underwater restaurant serving contemporary cuisine.
• The Wine Cellar
Gourmet dégustation wine experience hosted by the chef and the resort’s sommelier.
• Koko Grill
This open air restaurant seats 10 and offers. Japanese-inspired grilled dishes cooked by chef before your eyes.
• Vilu Restaurant
A la carte dining with an extensive wine list.
• Sunset Grill
Over-water dining specializing in seafood and meat.
• Mandhoo Restaurant
Organic bio-dynamic cuisine in an exquisite overwater setting.
• Atoll Market
Sand-floored buffet restaurant offering international cuisine.
• Quite Zone
Serving cocktails and a range of dishes on the beach by theinfinity pool.
• Vilu Bar
Wines and champagnes by the glass overlooking the lagoon.
• The Cheese and Wine Bar
Home to 101 types of cheese collated by resident Maître de Fromage.
• Rangali Bar
All day dining wines, beers and cocktail by the pool overlooking the lagoon.
• Spa Retreat
• Overwater Spa
• Resident naturopath practising herbal medicine and holistic healing techniques.
• 2 infinity pools, one located on each island
• A brand new fitness centre located on the main island.
Extra Notable Features
• Dive centre and watersports to explore both our house reef and over 40 local dive sites.
• Ithaa undersea restaurant • Yachts and other boats for excursions, sunset cruses, fishing and dolphin watching.
• Maldivian entertainment with our own in-hosue boduberu band.
• 2 Spas and wellness centre with over-water treatment rooms and in-house naturopath.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Gold List” with a score of 96.0, Conde Nast Traveler USA
#52: “Best 100 Hotels in the World”, Conde Nast Traveler USA, October 4th place:
“Best Spa Hotel and Resort in Asia Pacific” 8th place:
“Best Leisure Hotel and Resort in Asia Pacific”, Smart Traveller Asia.com readers’ awards, August
“Best Luxury Resort in Maldives”, Diners Club Luxury Travel Magazine, July
“Best luxury gourmet resort”, Senses Magazine, Germany, July
“Certificate of Excellence” for Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, Tripadvisor.com, May
1st place: “Leading Hotel in the Indian Ocean”, World Travel Awards, May
“Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Maldives”, www.tripadvisor.com, January
1st place: “World’s Leading Water Villas”
1st place: The Maldives’ Leading Resort”, World Travel Awards, December
1st place: “Most Innovative Spa” for the Over-Water Spa, AsiaSpa Baccarat Awards, November
‘Gold Circle of Excellence’, www.Agoda.com, November
1st place: “Best Spa Hotel and Resort” in Asia 4th place: “Best Leisure Hotel” in Asia, August
Two Glasses: “Best Restaurants for Wine Lovers”, Wine Spectator, July
1st Place “101 Best Suites in the World”, Elite Traveler Magazine, July
1st Place “World’s Best Hotel Plunge Pools”, By Nine MSN, July
‘Top Hotel Spas in Asia’, By agoda.com, July
1st Place “World’s Most Romantic Rooms” By JetSetExtra, April
Number of employees