HAIMURUBUSHI Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
2930 Kohama, Taketomi-cho,
Okinawa Prefecture 907-1292, Japan
The property has been owned by Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd. Since 2007.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Shinji Atsumi
In 1988, graduated from Doshisha University, he joined Yamaha Recreation Co., Ltd., who is the former owner company of Haimurubushi. After experienced several departments, he was assigned to CEO position in 2014. Key role within the travel industry – He is assigned to the Director of Okinawa branch, JTB-Affiliated Ryokan & Hotel Federation.
4-star resort hotel
The owner, Mitsui Fudosan, who is the largest real estate company in Japan, has the aggressive development strategy of the hotel business. As of 2018, Mitsui Fudosan has 26 upper upscale city hotels, 6 resort hotels including Amanemu and Halekulani.
Mitsui Fudosan is targeting total operation rooms of 10,000 by 2020. The highlight of luxury segment is newly opening resort hotel – Halekulani Okinawa, 2nd Halekulani Brand hotel will open in 2019. Also, the pipeline includes several international luxury brand hotels such as BLGARI hotel in Tokyo.
History & Story
In 1979, the resort opened with 40 rooms. After opening to 1990, the number of room had increased to a total of 138 rooms according to the expanding market demands. In 2001, Japanese nationwide boarded drama, named ‘Churasan’ was shot in Kohama Island – where this property located, it brought this Island nationwide recognition. In 2007, Mitsui Fudosan acquired the property and construct 10 new rooms in 2016. After the acquisition, the owner has been working with previous owner’s staffs, this is the key reason for the success of this resort.
- In 2016, 1 wing, 10 Ocean View Premier Rooms, is newly constructed.
- In 2017, 14 Ocean Deluxe Rooms are renovated. Room decoration and furniture are renewed.
- In 2018, 5 Ocean View Bath Suite Rooms are renovated from Ocean View Suite Room. All of the room decoration and furniture are renewed and Bathtub is added in terrace, where the guests can enjoy bath time with beautiful sea view.
- In 2018, Club lounge is newly constructed. Suite room guests and VIP guests have access to enjoy exclusive service during stay, such as exclusive check-in/out, all day snack service, evening cocktail service and so on.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Deserve to Long Stay
– All guest rooms are over 47 sqm with coffee maker, Free Wifi and Audio machine. Most rooms have terrace, sofa set, separated bathroom and restroom,
– The hotel has a variety of activities from Marine activities to sightseeing, so you can enjoy several experiences throughout your stay.
– There are convenient facilities in public space: Laundry, Private electric cart rental, Big bathhouse, retail shop etc.
In 2017, Hotel newly opened ‘Umi Café’ on the beachside, where guests can enjoy relaxing and reading in the daytime, and at night, can enjoy drinking and beautiful stellar observation.
– The property is located in Kohama Island, which is one of the Yaeyama Islands, well known as a tropical paradise.
– The Kohama Island is a part of Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park and surrounded by largest coral leaf in Japan.
– ‘Haimurubushi’ is Okinawan language, means ‘Southern Cross’. Guests can find out Southern Cross from hotel terrace, which is Crux, a constellation located in the southern sky in a bright portion of the Milky Way.
Key sites/activities in the area
Experience Local culture
Guest can enjoy Okinawa culture from foods, activities, spa and wellness program.
– Activities – You can enjoy all kind of marine activities in endless clear water; snorkelling, diving, jet ski, Stand up paddle and so on. The hotel also has Horse riding plan, Electric bicycle rental, Manta watching cruise, Sunset cruise, Stargazing, that makes guests enjoy all day long.
– Spa – Hotel has ‘Nuchigsui spa’. The concept of this Spa is ultimate healing, beauty and wellness of Okinawa. Therapists are providing energy recharge program which is based on the essence of Nature- Water, Forest, Breeze, Earth and Sun. The treatment is made from Okinawan Herb, Fruits and Plants.
– Wellness program – Yoga programs are key unique selling point of this hotel. Over 10 types of Yoga programs that guests can select the suitable one according to their schedule, physical condition weather, preferred location. For example, morning Yoga, Sunset Yoga, Candle Yoga, Mindfulness, Maternity Yoga, Family Yoga, SUP Yoga and so on.
– Foods – hotel provides several types of menu using local ingredients, such as Picnic breakfast, which you can enjoy anywhere you like, lunch at Beach café, BBQ at Garden dining, Cocktail at poolside, hotel original healthy course menu at restaurant etc.
Haimurubushi hotel staff are dedicating to all guests to make their stay satisfied. They truly enjoy working at Haimurubushi and communicating between the division. Guests can feel their hospitality mind and it brings high score of feedback and great foments on SNS.
Haimurubushi is children friendly hotel in terms of the following service
– Child-friendly facilities; Kids pool, art garden, animal farm.
– At restaurant, provide discount rate for buffet and BBQ menu, Kid’s plate at a la carte restaurants.
– Baby-friendly amenities in the guest rooms, baby goods sold at hotel shop.
Number of suites: 15 Ocean View Suite: 60 sqm + terrace 16sqm
• Oceanfront room (maximum 4 persons) with beautiful ocean scenic view. Room amenities include free rental cart, coffee maker, TV, DVD (Blu-ray), terrace hammock and sofa, breakfast picnic service, free Wi-fi, laundry room access (washer and dryer)
Number of Luxury rooms: 5 Ocean View Bath Suite: 60 sqm + terrace 16 sqm
• Excellent comfort oceanfront room (maximum 4 persons) with stunning ocean scenic view from the bathtub.
Room amenities include free rental cart, coffee maker, TV, DVD (blu-ray), TV-Audio speakers, terrace sofa, breakfast picnic service, free Wi-fi, laundry room access (washer and dryer), access to Club lounge
Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 148 rooms
• Type: Ocean View Bath Suite, Ocean View Suite, Ocean View Premier Room, Ocean View Deluxe Room, Ocean View Superior Room, Superior Room, Standard Room
Restaurants & Bars
• 3 Restaurants – Buffet Dining, Grill Dining, Club Dining, BEACH (STARLIGHT) CAFE and OPEN CAFE & BAR
– Buffet Dining: Enjoy Japanese, Okinawan and Western cuisine in a relaxed resort atmosphere in the morning and evening. You can start your day with a special welcome Morning Buffet featuring “Nuchigusui” or healthy Okinawan flavor. Try our hand-made yoghurt or healthy green smoothie.
– Grill Dining: Romantic poolside grill dining features a variety of tempting Lunch specialities such as Okinawa Noodle, Taco Rice, Seafood Bowl and Okinawan Tofu Lunch set. Evening dining features BBQ and Shabu-shabu. Set menu includes crispy Tempura and ocean fresh Sushi Selection, and for those extra touches to make every meal perfect there is a Mini Buffet where you can pick your favorite side dishes and condiments.
– Club Dining: Haimurubushi Club Dining provides a relaxed, quiet and romantic atmosphere. Guests can choose items from the Casual Course like Wagyu or Mangrove crab selection, or order one of the three tempting Course Menus, or go on a culinary adventure with the special Okinawan Fermented Foods course. Children under 10 are not admitted, need reservation 2 days in advance.
• Nuchigusui Spa：
• Yoga program
• Swimming pool
Extra Notable Features
• Hotel has Ground Golf, Diving, Mini horse riding club and Yoga centre
Hotel and Restaurant Awards
• Second place nationwide award for Japan Travel Agency Customer Questionnaire Excellent Facility Award
• JTB – Rurubu Travel Award 2017; Rurubu Travel Silver Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
• Rakuten Award 2017; Bronze Award 2014, 2015 Silver Award in Premium Section
• Ranked First in the Hotel Category of ITB Berlin`s International Travel Competition “Centre of 8 Islands”
• Agoda 2016 Customer Review Awards 8.8
• Rakuten Travel Meister 2016 Winner of Movie Category
• TripAdvisor 2011-2017 Excellence Certificate
Number of employees