Jetwing Vil Uyana
Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
Jetwing Vil Uyana
Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
Owned by Jetwing Hotels in partnership with Zinc Journey.
Date of creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Kingsley Paul – Joining Jetwing Hotels Group in 2015, Kingsley brings with him four decades of experience in hospitality both local and overseas. He has worked in countries such as Bahrain, UAE and prior to joining Jetwing he was the owner of a popular high profile restaurant in Germany called ‘Brasserie Bruegal’.
Luxury Eco Resort
JETWING VIL UYANA
In a groundbreaking project inspired by the London Wetland Centre, Jetwing Hotels created a private nature reserve consisting a wetland system with lakes and reed beds. The 36 dwellings of Jetwing Vil Uyana are set within these environs of paddy, forest, water, garden and marsh. Creating a unique experience, the paddy fields of Jetwing Vil Uyana are seeded and harvested seasonally in a tradition going back to ancient Sri Lanka. This exciting eco-luxury resort thereby creates a unique approach to eco-living in an atmosphere of rural simplicity combined with the lavish comforts of the present day to experience a stay hard to forget.
Jetwing Vil Uyana has also become a nature lover’s paradise – the vast variety of biodiversity that have adopted the property as their own is truly spectacular. Spread over an expanse of 28 acres, the unique placement of dwellings and main buildings gives as much space as possible for nature to thrive. Along with the elusive Gray Slender Loris that has made grounds of Jetwing Vil Uyana its home, currently there are 36 species of butterflies, 120 species of birds, and 20 species of mammals.
Jetwing Vil Uyana is located within 5 kms from the historically significant site of Sigiriya – considered to be the 8th Wonder of the World. The hotel is about 169 km from Colombo (a 4 hour drive) or 153 km from the Colombo International Airport (a 4 hour drive). The land area of the hotel is 24 acres.
• Sigiriya Rock Fortress – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Minneriya National Park – Elephant Gathering
• Dambulla Rock Temple – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Anuradhapura – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Polonnaruwa – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Whale watching in Trincomalee
• Wilpattu National Park
Night Trail – Catch a glimpse of the endangered grey slender loris and other nocturnal species.
Paddy Harvesting Festival – A tradition continued on from the ancient days, this is a joyful occasion of rites and rituals handed down from generations.
Cookery Demonstration – Be a part of creating a gourmet meal with our Master Chef with fresh ingredients plucked from our gardens. A novel experience offering a real insight in to traditional home cooking – the Sri Lankan way.
Tree House Dining – Climb up the stick ladder to this little nook up in the tree and find your table laid with a feast for two, ready to be served.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Forest Dwellings – The 10 rustic, two storied dwellings are suited up with a spacious bedroom, dining room as well as a private pool along with a range of luxurious amenities.
Paddy Dwellings – Built amidst paddy fields, the 12 Paddy Dwellings are creatively furnished with luxurious bedding, a deck with the view of paddy fields and a private plunge pool.
Water Dwelling – These 4 dwellings are built over the lake offering breathtaking views and every comfort you could wish for.
Marsh Dwellings – 2 cozy dwellings with plunge pools and 3 without, envelops you in to their natural habitat of marsh fields and scrublands with their own deck and a soothing view of the verdant surroundings.
Garden Dwellings – Setting the perfect backdrop for a budding naturalist or experienced explorer these 5 dwellings are equipped with all the latest facilities and comforts to add to your adventure.
• Individually controlled air-conditioning
• Electric power 220v to 240v
• Telephone with I.D.D facility
• Mini bar
• Satellite television channels
• BOSE home entertainment system
• Bathroom equipped with a luxury bathtub and separate shower enclosure
• Hot and cold water
• Tea/coffee making facility
• Bottled water
• Electronic safe (Suitable for Laptops and Cameras)
• Hair dryer
• Magnifying shaving mirror with light
• Sarongs, hats and bath slippers
• Iron and ironing board
• Umbrella and torch
• Lounge area
• Plunge pools in all Paddy Dwellings and in two Marsh Dwellings
• Private swimmable pools in all Forest Dwellings
Restaurants and bars
• Apsara – Experience authentic fine dining at Apsara, where every delectable meal is made better with views of the majestic Sigiriya Rock Fortress looming in the distance.
• Sulang – Relax in the laid-back atmosphere of Sulang sipping on cool, refreshing drinks with an array of delicate snacks.
• Graffiti Bar – A treasure trove of the most exquisite array of wines and cocktails ensure you’re always in high spirits at the Graffiti Bar.
• Signature dining – From a private dining experience in our Spa to dining atop a tree house to a traditional Sri Lankan farmers’ lunch at the Kamatha/ threshing ground, you will never be short of tantalizing dining
• Ayurveda and spa – Encounter pure heaven at the Jetwing Vil Uyana Spa with naturopathy rituals and traditional Ayurveda treatments as well as yoga.
• Infinity pool
• Fully equipped gym with a serene view of the lotus pond
Extra notable features
• Loris conservation site
• Cookery demonstrations
• Souvenir shop
• Tree house
• Wine cellar
• Bicycles and golf carts to move about the property
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- World Luxury Hotel Awards 2016 – Luxury Forest Hotel, Sri Lanka
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice 2016 – Ranked number 2 in Top 25 Hotels in Sri Lanka
- TripAdvisor – Certificate of Excellence – 2016
- World Travel Awards 2015 – Sri Lanka’s Leading Boutique Hotel
- World Luxury Hotel Awards 2015 – Global – Luxury Wildlife Resort
- TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2015 – Ranked number 1 in Top 25 Hotels in Sri Lanka
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
- PATA Grand Award – Environment – ‘Man & Nature – In Perfect Harmony’
- THASL Greening Awards – Merit for Energy & Water Conservation & Waste Management (Large Hotels & Boutique Hotels)
- WTTC Tourism for Tomorrow – Environment
- National Green Awards – Merit Award (Hotel Sector)
Number of employees