Joali Maldives Maldives
Muravandhoo, Raa Atoll, Maldives
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Enver Arslan
Enver Arslan holds a degree in Hospitality Management from Hospitality Management School of Erciyes University, and a raft of additional qualifications from Four Seasons and Cornell University. Over his career Enver has worked for several Four Seasons properties around the world. He has started his career at Four Seasons Jackson Hole and moved to Palm Beach Florida, Las Vegas, Riyadh, Egypt and Maldives until he decided to join the opening team of JOALI Maldives and acted as Resort Director overlooking the operational departments for the past 4 years. Enver believes in enjoying life to the fullest, as also proven by his professional career choices from top of the ski mountains of Grand Tetons to Atlantic Ocean, followed by dazzling architecture and the sparkling lights of Las Vegas to desert plateau of Middle East and finally to the tropical romance of Maldives. Enver Arslan’s work ethics and ambition represent a significant contribution to the success of the company. Enver has benefited from a wide-ranging experience in far-flung destinations over the years. It’s a career path he highly recommends: ‘To move forward in hospitality, it is really rewarding to do openings, rather than joining established hotels. You’re not dealing with guests, but with architects. You have to have a broader vision to build a new culture. Then, when you open the doors, you have to have an even bigger vision to redo things’.
5 star Ultra Luxury
History & Story
Designed as a sophisticated globalista’s luxurious island retreat, JOALI with 73 private beach and water villas and residences are the epitome of sustainable glamour, whilst four restaurants provide inventive cuisine from several corners of the globe and a liquid nitrogen ice cream corner surprises even the most discerning of foodies. JOALI’s imaginative offerings, including exquisite architecture and interiors by Autoban and Tokyo-based Studio Glitt and works of immersive art by celebrated young designers including Misha Khan – many using recycled materials – as well as dedicated Art Studio and Gallery, wellbeing programme in collaboration with ESPA and impeccably-curated in-room libraries, provide a showcase for a new form of unconventional luxury that celebrates craftsmanship and artistry.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
First Luxurious art immersive island retreat in Maldives with sustainable glamour and sumptuous comforts. (1)working with artists all around the world and creating interactive art piecesESPA are creating their first ever unique Retreat programme exclusively for Joali. Created with globally renowned ESPA and delivered by our talented team, Joali Spa Journey charts a holistic path, caring for your entire wellbeing Most diverse Japanese restaurant in Maldives ;Saoke Restaurant designed by world-renowned Japanese restaurant architect NoriyoshiMuramatsu and replete with Kotatsu seating, elegant lounge and Nikkei cuisine.
Located in Raa Atoll, the deepest atoll in Maldives.
Around 40 minutes by seaplane from the International Airport in Male’.
JOALI resides on the picture perfect Muravandhoo island in the Raa Atoll located in the northern Maldives. One of the largest and deepest atolls in the world, it is home to a myriad of sea life. Guests can expect brilliant blue waters and pristine white-sand beaches fringed by gently swaying coconut palms.
Designed as a luxurious art immersive island retreat, JOALI Maldives focuses on sustainable glamour. A destination brimming with experiential pieces; simply follow an art map around the resort for an immersive and interactive tour.
On arrival guests will be welcomed into the private JOALI airport lounge at the Male Airport. Transfer is by a 40-minute seaplane journey or approximately a 35-minute domestic flight followed by a 15-minute speedboat journey.
Available upon request, the JOALI private seaplane allows guests to avoid waiting time and effortlessly skip the crowds with a private, direct flight, reflecting the luxury part of the JOALI experience. The seaplane is scheduled for 8 guests, allowing comfort and ease with a joyful touch. Additional offerings for each guests include a VIP welcome along with complimentary refreshments and the opportunity to freshen up in the private seaplane lounge.
Key sites/activities in the area
One island one resort concept. Watersports, Diving, Spa and Tennis are available.
Mura Mas children’s club is available on the island. For children from 4 – 12 from 10am to 6pm daily. Mura mas has a kids pool, indoor and outdoor play areas and activities. Babysitter service is chargeable and available upon request.
Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• 73 Villas, ranging from 1 to 4 Bedrooms, all with private Pool and butler service.
• 24 Villas are located on the Beach, 49 Villas are located over water.
Each of the 73 villas at JOALI was inspired by individual stories and designed to take guests on a rich sensory journey. Artisanal amenities, curated in-room book shelves, thoughtful design and deluxe objects d’art create an atmosphere of unconventional luxury.
Restaurants & Bars
- Vandhoo offers a special dining experience encompassing South East Asian, Chinese and Mediterranean cuisines. Special themed dinners or unmatched breakfast spreads are just a few of the selections.
- Renowned architect Noriyoshi Muramatsu designed this distinctly Japanese restaurant: Saoke. This floating haven of delectable cuisine serves a wide selection of sakes, sushi, and teppanyaki seating options for the iron-griddle enthusiasts.
- Bellinis offers a piece of Italy right here in the Maldives. Menu created by Michelin-star Chef, Theodor Falser, the world of Italian flavours, a luxury foodie experience – the key ingredients to the most memorable meal yet.
- Mura overlooks a pearly beach and pool that meets the sea creating infinite sparkling shades of blue. The cabanas offer enough space for everyone to relax and its menu offers scrumptious snacks such as street food that hit the spot.
- TUH’U, is a word discovered in one of the world’s oldest recipes from Mesopotamian, today’s modern Western Asia, parts of Irak, Syria and Turkey. Incredibly, all of the ingredients in this recipe are the same today, An inspiring Levant experience which will take you on a savoury journey back in time and fuel your passion to discover more.
• Joali Spa by ESPA: Tailor-made treatments for the ultimate spa experience, leaving you feeling refreshed, revitalised and beautiful. JOALI spa by ESPA’s unique signature treatments will completely restore your body’s vitality and vibrancy, unlocking your inner joy.
• Fitness center and tennis court
• Main Pool
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting Facilities for up to 20 persons
Extra Notable Features
• First art – immersed resort in the Maldives
• Cooking Class
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• 2019 Conde Nast Traveller Hot List
• Tatler Spa Awards – Winner 2019
Number of employees