Kata Rocks Thailand
186/22 Khok Tanod Rd, Karon, Muang, Phuket, 83100 Thailand
Privately owned – Mr. Richard Pope
26th November 2014
Hotel General Manager
Richard Pope is the Chief Executive Officer of Infinite Luxury and Kata Rocks. He is a British-born entrepreneur, property developer and businessman with over 30 years of industry experience. Pope has developed and managed several highly successful construction and real-estate companies, initially in London’s most prosperous areas and more recently in Phuket. Richard has built Infinite Luxury into a dynamic organisation of leading professionals from a variety of industry sectors including: design and construction, real-estate development and sales, resort operations and luxury property management. Kata Rocks’ enormous success has positioned Infinite Luxury as a leading contender for future property development and resort management projects in the Asia Pacific and other luxury destinations around the world. Richard is also the Chairman of Hemisphere, a superyacht management company, based in Monaco.
5-star Luxury Boutique
Pending and to be confirmed
History & Story
Mr Pope entered the Phuket property market in 2007, purchasing the site on the island’s sought after southwest coast after seeing it while cruising by on a superyacht during the Phuket King’s Cup Regatta. He and his team then successfully developed Kata Rocks, in the process creating its unique Sky Pool Villa and residential resort concepts.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Kata Rocks has won more than 40 International Property and Hospitality Awards to date Including ‘Asia’s Leading Villa Resort’ at the 2015 World Travel Awards. In 2016, Kata Rocks had the honour of being named one of the 25 best hotels in Southeast Asia by the prestigious Conde Nast Travelers 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards.
• Contemporary modern design with cutting edge technology.
• Every Sky Pool Villa has a private infinity pool with panoramic ocean views
• From our portfolio of 34 villas, 10 are four-bedroom penthouse villas that allows the resort to comfortably accommodate larger families and groups of friends.
• Kata Rocks offers a selection of beach clubs, bars, shops and restaurants within walking distance.
• Our ‘Rock Star’ concierge service offers private butlers assigned to every villa.
• Multilingual staff – (English, Thai, German, Spanish, French, Russian, Mandarin, Arabic, Korean, Filipino spoken)
• A choice of private dining options along with the Kata Rocks Restaurant, Sunset Lounge and Bar and the Wine Cellar
- Kata Rocks overlooks the azure waters of the Andaman Sea and Kata Beach. It is located on the southwest of Phuket’s ‘sunset coast’, right next to Kata and Kata Noi beaches. Distance from Phuket International Airport is approximately 50 minutes dependant on traffic.
Key sites/activities in the area
The vibrant Kata village area surrounds the resort with a variety of shops, restaurants, bars and beach clubs within easy reach. It is also close to Phuket Town with its historic Sino-Portuguese colonial architecture. The nightlife enclave area of Patong is approximately 20-30 minutes away by taxi.
Lauded as Phuket’s ‘Capital of Cool’, Kata Rocks is known for exclusive events including its ‘Collective Series’, ‘Culinary Cinema’, Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous and DJ-fuelled champagne brunches.
Kids Club and Day Care Centre (ages 4 to 12) – offering facilities and supervised fun-filled activities to keep young guests occupied and amused. Soft toys, arts and crafts materials, books, movies and Xbox games are available. Babysitting is available with 24 hours’ notice.
• Number of suites:
N/A only private pool villa
• Number of Luxury rooms:
N/A only private pool villa
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
34 Sky Pool Villas
• One Bedroom Sky Pool Villa 175 sqm
• One Bedroom Ocean Sky Pool Loft 125 sqm
• Two Bedroom Sky Pool Villa 191 sqm
• Three Bedroom Sky Pool Villa 335 sqm
• Four Bedroom Sky Pool Villa 475 sqm
All Sky Pool Villas offer panoramic ocean view, private infinity edged pool, sun terrace, wine cellar, and living area.
Restaurants & Bars
One main restaurant with indoor and pool side dining offers a choice of European and Asian cuisine with exceptional ocean views. All rooms are booked on a room and breakfast basis.
- Bars, lounges
Sunset Bar / Pool Bar with international DJs and live music every evening. Serves tapas, light meals and a wide choice of fine wines, cocktails, beers, spirits, juices and smoothies.
Award-winning Infinite Luxury Spa provides a personalised and very individualistic experience. Our highly trained therapists conduct a private assessment with each guest to help them personalise each treatment or program where guests can relinquish or be pampered.
Eight treatments rooms both couples and individual a chromotherapy chamber, Senso Bed, sauna, steam room and his and hers changing facilities.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Ensure successful meetings, memorable events and enchanted weddings with our luxury 5-star facilities and picturesque and intimate oceanfront setting.
Wedding Ceremony Venues: ‘On The Rock’s 35 guests, Poolside 25 guests, 4-bedroom Sky Villa Pool Penthouse 40 guests, Function Room 40 guests.
Sun Set Cocktail : : ‘On The Rock’s 60 guests, 4-bedroom Sky Villa Pool Penthouse 40 guests, The Lounge 40 guests, Main Bar 30 guests.
Group Dinner / Wedding Reception Venues: Pool Terrace 90 guests, Function 60 guests, 4-bedroom Sky Villa Pool Penthouse 20 guests
Meeting Venues: Function Room 95sqm 80 guests in theatre style, Wine Cellar 36sqm 12 guest boardroom style, 4-bedroom Sky Villa Pool Penthouse for 20 guest boardroom style
Extra Notable Features
Culinary Cinema is an original way to interpret film using the senses via aroma, texture and taste. Guests receive a tray of numbered mystery boxes containing a bite-sized menu dégustation (tasting menu) custom-designed to enhance specific moments and punctuate dramatic highlights during the film.
Thai Cooking School: Guests will graduate with the skills to create Thai feasts of the highest standards. At the same time they gain insights into the fascinating culture and traditions of Thailand.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- Wine Spectator’s Restaurant Wine Awards, 2017 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
- World Luxury Restaurant Awards, 2017 Kata Rocks Oceanfront Restaurant Luxury Scenic Setting, Continent Winner: Asia
- Thailand Tatler Best Restaurants, 2017 Awarded as one of the best restaurants in Thailand
- China Wine and Spirits Awards (CWSA), 2017 Double Gold Medal award for The Kata Rocks Gin (Spirit of Kata Rocks)
- Melbourne International Spirits Competition, 2017 Silver Prize Award for The Kata Rocks Gin (Spirit of Kata Rocks)
- Thailand Tatler Best Restaurants, 2016 Awarded as one of the best restaurants in Thailand
- Phuket Best Burger Competition, 2016 Winner of the 2016 “Phuket’s Best Burger” competition
- Thailand Tatler Best Restaurants, 2015
Awarded as one of the best restaurants in Thailand
Number of employees