The Peninsula Manila
The Peninsula Manila
Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenue
1226 Makati City, Metro Manila
The Peninsula Hotels
Hong Kong Shanghai Hotels Inc.
Date of Creation
September 14, 1976
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Choon joined The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (holding company of The Peninsula Hotels) in 2001 as a pre-opening team member and Night Manager of The Peninsula Chicago. Following a number of positions in Chicago, including Resident Manager, he was relocated to The Peninsula Bangkok in 2010 as Hotel Manager. Four years later he moved to Japan, appointed as Hotel Manager of The Peninsula Tokyo. He now resides as the General Manager of The Peninsula Manila.
5-Star Luxury Hotel
Our Mission is to deliver the very best personalized guest experience that is innovative, efficient, engaging and elegant combined with warm Filipino hospitality and commit to our owner, suppliers and the community to be leader in business and social responsibility.
The Peninsula Manila
History & Story
The Peninsula Manila is a landmark hotel that has been a destination in its own right since opening in 1976. There are few hotels in the capital with such a rich and colorful history, where a long list of VIPs have stepped into its imposing, classic lobby—an architectural gem that best exemplifies the city’s glamorous side. Along with extraordinary service, the hotel features elegant public areas that complement its 469 understated guest rooms infused with “Timeless Filipino” elements like capiz shell, crushed coconut panels and native woods.
• 2006-2008: Rennovation of all guest rooms
• 2009: Re-launch of all day dining area (Escolta)
• 2010: Opening of Salon de Ning
• 2014: Re-launch of Old Manila and Club Lounge refurbishment
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• The Lobby : Grand Dame Icon within the Metro; provides 24-hour service; Luxurious arrival experience (via MB w/ WiFi) for business travellers.
• Guest Rooms / Suites : Timeless Filipino look and design, spacious floor area (Superior at 398 sq ft, The Peninsula Suite at 3,014 sqft)
• Special Club Floor benefits for Suites The only hotel in the Makati Area with an operational Helipad access.
The Peninsula Manila is situated in the Central Business District with views over the Ayala Triangle Gardens. It is on the corners of Ayala and Makati Avenues and right at the heart of Manila’s lifestyle and entertainment hub. The hotel is 4 kilometers from Bonifacio Global City, and 9 kilometers from Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
Key sites/activities in the area
It is within walking distance of the city’s premier shopping and entertainment destinations—Glorietta and Greenbelt—where a wide variety of the latest and finest in international and local fashion and designer chic, arts, music, film, cuisine, jewelry and consumer electronics are available for the intrepid shopper.
The Peninsula Manila rooms and suites are styled with timeless and elegant Filipino elements where guests can relax in an oasis of luxurious natural materials and fabrics with superlative city views. The hotel consists of two towers. The Ayala Tower has 237 elegantly appointed rooms and 12 suites. The Makati Tower has 187 rooms and 33 suites, including the 3,966 sq ft (280 sq m) Peninsula Suite.
Multi-function bedside room control panels
• Direct-dial telephones with dual lines and voicemail
• Complimentary internet access
• Private in-room fax machine
• Executive work desk
• Flat-screen television with cable channels
• Marble bathrooms with a separate shower stall and bathtub
• Coffee and tea making facilities
• In-room safe
• Room with disabled facilities
• Non-smoking rooms
Restaurants & Bars
• Old Manila
• The Lobby
• The Peninsula Boutique
• Salon de Ning
• The Bar
• Pool Bar
• The Peninsula Spa
• Fitness Centre
• Swimming Pool
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Rigodon Ballroom – Located on the ground floor, the beautiful 6,458 sq ft (630 sq m) Rigodon Ballroom with its 12 ft high ceilings enjoys a stunningly contemporary design.
• The Conservatory – With its soaring 16 ft high French windows looking out on a lush landscaped garden
• The Upper Lobby – Located outside The Conservatory on the second floor, it’s the view that sets The Upper Lobby apart from all other spaces in the city.
• Function Rooms – Situated on the ground floor and second floor are 10 function rooms of varying sizes that can be configured to guests’ needs
• Board Rooms – The Benitez and P.L. Lim boardrooms feature burl wood board tables with leather chairs as well as flat-screen TVs.
• The Gallery – Tucked away on the third floor is The Gallery with its sweeping expanse of 18 ft high windows and 238 ft (72 sq m) of floor space.
Extra Notable Features
The Peninsula Manila’s iconic experiential program, The Peninsula Academy, with its thoughtfully curated bespoke tours designed to delight and educate guests of all ages, promises exactly that – remarkable experiences that are as memorable as they are enriching. These immersive tours and activities showcase what The Peninsula Manila feels are some of the highlights of the local landscape; inspiring places and experiences anyone looking to know the Philippines shouldn’t miss: historical sites that remain relevant to this day, contemporary arts and design and the forces behind them, traditional crafts, and an ever-evolving culinary scene.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Condé Nast Traveler 2017 (USA) – 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards Top Hotels in Asia Ranked No. 25
• DestinAsian Readers’ Choice Awards 2017 – Top 10 Best Hotels and Resorts in the Philippines (Ranked no. 3)
• TripAdvisor: Travelers’ Choice Awards 2017 – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Philippines (Ranked no. 19)
•DestinAsian Readers’ Choice Awards 2016 – Top Five Best Hotels in Manila (Ranked No. 2)
•Old Manila among Top 20 Restaurants in the 2016 – Best Restaurants Awards
•Condé Nast Traveler 2015 (USA) – Top 15 Hotels in Southeast Asia (Ranked No. 7)
•World Spa Awards 2015 (UK) – Philippines’ Best Hotel Spa 2015 (Ranked no. 1)
•TripAdvisor: Travelers’ Choice Awards 2015 – Top 25 Hotels in the Philippines (Ranked no. 21)
•TripAdvisor: Travelers’ Choice Awards 2015 – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Philippines (Ranked no. 17)
•Travel + Leisure’s 500 World’s Best Hotels 2015 – Best Hotels by Region: Philippines (Ranked no. 1)
Number of employees