Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor
1 Vithei Charles de Gaulle
Khum Svay Dang Kum
Siem Reap – Cambodia
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Luxury five star hotel , across from the Royal Palace, one of the greatest hotels of the legendary Grand Tour of Indochina.
RAFFLES GRAND HOTEL D’ANGKOR
History & Story
Inaugural opening in 1932, the hotel reopened as Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor in 1997.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Raffles Grand Hotel d’ Angkor was established in 1932 and provided accommodation for the first wave of travelers for whom the Angkor Temples were an obligatory stopover. Reopened in 1997 after an extensive restoration and refurbishment programme by Raffles International, the hotel resumes position as the premiere resort in Cambodia. A grand historic hotel, it is the place to stay when visiting Angkor and is a destination unto itself. The hotel offers superior international standards of accommodation, services and facilities in a relaxed atmosphere with Cambodian hospitality and Angkorian overtones. Spread over 15 acres of beautifully landscaped French gardens, the hotel exudes old-world Cambodian grandeur infused with the best of modern comforts.
A 15 minutes drive from Siem Reap International Airport, Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor is in the heart of town round the corner from Angkor National Museum.
Located in the French quarter overlooking the Royal Garden, the hotel is only 8 kilometres away from the famed Angkor Temples. Guests can stroll along the beautiful riverside to the vibrant markets in less than 10 minutes on foot, or 3 minutes by Tuk Tuk.
There are 53 State Rooms (32 sqm), 46 Landmark Rooms (36 sqm),
4 Personality Suites (48 sqm) named after Henri Mouhot, John Thomson, Louise De La Porte and Henri Marchal, 6 Colonial Suites (48 sqm), 2 Landmark Suites (72sqm) and 6 Cabana Suites (72sqm).
The hotel boasts 2 luxurious Two-Bedroom Villas (318sqm), which are the biggest in Siem Reap and a ‘home away from home’ for many rich and famous.
• Complimentary wireless internet access
• Round the clock butler service with signature Khmer hospitality
• Fresh tropical fruit platter in room, replenished daily
• Minibar with tea and coffee facility
• Complimentary bottled drinking water daily
• Ceiling fan and individual thermostat control air conditioning
• Raffles signature bathroom amenities
• Flower decoration in room
• Housekeeping service with nightly turn down
• International direct dialing (IDD)
• Two-line telephone in bedroom / extension line in bathroom
• In-room safe
• Raffles signature bathroom amenities and toiletries
• Bath robes and slippers
• Daily local newspaper
• LCD flat screen TV with international satellite channels
• Wake-up call service with tea or coffee delivery
All suites and villas include:
• Private balcony or terrace with seating area
• iPod docking station
• Original claw-footed bathtubs
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Le Grand
Showcases Royal Khmer cuisine and Western fine dining. The ancient Royal Khmer cuisine has been handed down through centuries by the chefs of the Royal Palace. It encompasses the blending of ingredients with intriguing textures, complex aromas and fresh exhilarating flavors, to create a distinct and elegant gastronomical experience
Le Grand can be divided into three private rooms, with a collection of 13th century ceramics and sculptures inspired by the Bayon temple.
• Wine Cellar
One of the finest wine selections in Asia and our guests can choose their favorite vintages or have a great opportunity to converse with our Sommelier to make a new discovery that will match their dining experience and expectations.
• Elephant Bar
No visit to Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor would be complete without having a cocktail at the famous Elephant Bar – this is Siem Reap’s most celebrated bar, full of history and stories.
• Café d’Angkor
‘Home’ to our signature champagne breakfast, the café is open for lunch and dinner with Asian and continental dishes enticingly created to offer the best of both worlds. Enjoy alfresco dining on the patio overlooking the pool or relax inside with the comfort of air-conditioning. For a visit to the temples, picnic baskets and fresh-made bakery items are available for takeaway.
• Poolside Terrace
Surrounded by fragrant Frangipani trees, this is the perfect spot for daytime light meals or cocktail by the pool. The menu also features a selection of Raffles Amrita Spa dishes for the more health conscious. Alternatively our butler can arrange a candlelit dinner* à deux by the pool… (* cost applies)
• The Conservatory
A wonderful colonial atmosphere overlooking the pool and gardens, and is best known for the traditional afternoon tea. Why not enjoy a cocktail or aperitif to the soothing music by our pianist in the evening?
• Apsara Terrace
Situated in the serene gardens and surrounded by traditional Cambodian boundary stones with majestic wooden gates at the entrance, the Apsara Terrace is a must to experience in Cambodia. Enjoy a majestic performance with Cambodian dances and Khmer martial art with a delightful selection of pan-Asian barbeque cuisine. This distinctive Cambodian venue is very versatile – for parties, barbecues and pre-dinner cocktails.
• Raffles Spa – selection of massage and treatments, blended utilizing natural ingredients
• Fully equipped gymnasium, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room
• 35m outdoor lap pool and family fun pool – the Kingdom’s largest pool modeled on the ancient bathing pools in Angkor
• Two tennis courts
Corporate & Celebration Events
Historic décor and with impeccable service, let Raffles Grand Hotel d’ Angkor arrange an unforgettable experience for your guests:
Café d’ Angkor (Dining seating up to 110 persons)
• Restaurant Le Grand (Dining seating up to 120 persons)
• Apsara Terrace (Dining seating up to 200 persons)
• Royal Garden (Dining seating up to 150 persons)
• Poolside (Dining seating up to 250 persons)
• Le Grand Extension (Theatre style up to 100 persons)
• Elephant Annex (Theatre style up to 40 persons)
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees