1 Raffles Drive, Makati Avenue, Makati city
Raffles Makati opened its doors on 3rd December 2012 and is owned by ALI Makati Hotels Property Inc.
Tom Meyer, Managing Director, brings 28 years of hospitality experience to this position. He will oversee Fairmont Makati’s overall operations with a vision to establish this luxury hotel as the leading choice for affluent travellers in the country.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises nine luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world. With a compelling mix of cultures and styles, every hotel in the Raffles family has its own individual personality, with its own story to tell and its own sense of place. However, each one is proud to draw on the timeless essence of Raffles – to deliver thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
The 30-story tower located at the prestigious new development of Ayala Land in Makati is home to a 32 all-suite Raffles Makati, a 280-room Fairmont Makati, and 237 Raffles Residences. This new concept of two hotels in one property provides a choice for business or leisure travellers. Furthermore, Raffles Residences which are comprised of one to four bedroom apartments, offer residential accommodations for short or long-term stays. The modern look of the stand-out 30-floor building that houses both Raffles and Fairmont was conceived by leading architects Arquitectonica. The impressive interiors were done by the renowned interior designer company Bent Severin International.
The Raffles Makati positions itself as an ultra-luxe haven for seasoned leisure travellers.
The Raffles Makati’s main strength is the extraordinarily personal and thoughtful service provided by our specially-trained Raffles butlers, dedicated to catering to each guest’s every desire. At the same time, its architectural features set it apart from all other hotels. Contemporary design fuses the timeless quality of old world charm with new world sophistication. Each one of the hotel’s 32 large suites has been designed to be an understated oasis of calm. Every suite has large floor-to-ceiling windows and mesmerizing views of the Makati cityscape.
The Raffles Makati is located in the heart of Makati, the financial center of the Philippines and one of the major economic hubs in Asia. As the host of various embassies, it is also an important centre for international affairs. The Ninoy Aquino International Airport is a 12 kilometre or 15 minute drive away from the city of Makati.
It is within walking distance to the Philippine Stock Exchange, the Ayala Museum and the Greenbelt – the city’s most stylish shopping area. Some of the tallest buildings in the Philippines, including PBCom Tower and GT International Tower, are just a short walk away, as well as a wide range of museums, galleries, and theaters.
One fun fact is that Raffles Makati played host to the rock and roll legends Aerosmith when they stopped by Manila on their Global Warming tour.
Every suite at Raffles Makati is elegant, spacious and stylishly designed to be contemporary yet reflective of the local culture. Each has been designed to create a sense of warmth and comfort with wooden flooring, oriental carpets, state-of-the-art technology, high-speed connectivity and floor-to-ceiling windows that command impressive views of the glittering cityscape of Manila.
• 23 Raffles Junior Suites
• 8 Raffles Executive Suites
• 1 Raffles Presidential Suite
Restaurant(s), bar(s) & stars
A gastronomic tour for their taste buds awaits guests at the Fairmont Makati.
• Spectrum – It is the vibrant all-day dining restaurant featuring five “culinary theaters” to enjoy from.
• Café Macaron – A chic pastry boutique that offers fresh sandwiches, desserts, pralines and exquisite pastries.
• The Fairmont Lounge – Perfect for afternoon tea and light meals.
• The Long Bar – Inspired by its namesake, the Long Bar in the Raffles Singapore, features creative liquid concoctions including the famous “Singapore Sling”.
• The Writers Bar – For quiet and space, this parlour-like offers a respite from the bustling city.
The Willow Stream Spa, a sprawling sanctuary, is composed of 1,200 square meters (14,000 square feet) of soothing surroundings, featuring five fully equipped treatment rooms, hair salon, full-service nail studio, a mineral pool, an outdoor swimming pool, a Technogym-equipped Fitness Center and beautiful terrace offering a luxurious urban retreat.
Corporate and celebration events
For meetings and special events, the hotel offers 1,700 square meters (18,000 square feet) of function space including an 859 square meter ballroom. We have a total of 5 function rooms and a meeting room in the Fairmont Gold Lounge. Meetings can also be held at the Presidential suite.
Hotel and restaurant(s) Awards
• Included in the world’s best listing of Conde Nast Traveler magazine as Best New Hotel, Best New Family Friendly Hotel and Amazing Pool at Best New Hotel.
• Raffles Makati’s Presidential Suite included in the list of Top 101 Suites in the World of Elite Traveler, the Private Jet Lifestyle Magazine.
• Raffles Makati cited by World Spa and Travel Magazine cited as one of the 50 Best New Luxury Hotels worldwide.
• Raffles and Fairmont Makati both continue to maintain notable rankings in Trip Advisor, with Raffles Makati currently number 1 and Fairmont Makati at number 3.
• Philippine Tatler’s 2013 Best Restaurants cited Spectrum as one of the “best of the best” in the city and Long Bar as one of the top bars for nightlife and entertainment.