Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa
Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa
Barangay Yapak Boracay Island Malay
Aklan 5608, Philippines
SHANGRI-LA’S BORACAY RESORT & SPA
History & Story
If there is a destination that will be kin to paradise on earth, a best kept secret of the Philippines is a small island called Boracay. Known for its powdery white sands and aquamarine waters, it has regularly been named among the world’s best, among which, the National Geographic magazine. Located on Boracay’s northern tip is a place that one can call his own haven, his own Shangri-La.
Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa introduces a new level of luxury to this beautiful island thanks to the architecture by Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo (WATG) and the interior design by LTW Design Works. The design relates to modern sensibilities expressed in indigenous materials, and much of the Philippines culture was incorporated to both the exterior and interior design of the resort. Marrying luxury and comfort with a reverence for nature, the 12-hectare resort encompasses 219 rooms, including 36 villas and suites, comprehensive leisure facilities, 350 meters of secluded beach front, and a thriving ecosystem of diverse, even rare, flora and fauna.
The resort is located at the northern tip of the island, 15 minutes away from the Caticlan Domestic Airport via private speedboat.
Guests can enjoy diverse options for leisure activities, whether in or out of water. They can start the day at the resort’s private beachfronts. For the adventurous, island hopping, kayaking, windsurfing, Hobiecat sailing, jet skiing, parasailing or kite boarding. Others explore the beauty beneath the sea with snorkeling, reef walking or diving, or simply bask under the sun by the pool.
For more, have a peek here.
The Entertainment Centre is complete with billiard tables, the latest video and arcade games, and private karaoke rooms. The little ones can head over to the Adventure Zone, an indoor playground with giant rainbow slides.
The 12-hectare resort comprises 219 rooms including 36 villas and suites. With two private beachfronts and an infinity pool, it offers a myriad of recreational activities. Those looking to soothe weary senses can head over to CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La.
The sprawling village offers ten private villas, each with bathing facilities, a steam room and a private garden.
Restaurants & Bars
A variety of dining options of different cuisines can be found within the resort.
• The Lobby Lounge is a few steps away from the front desk at the main lobby. Its wide open interiors make it an amazing place to take in the view of the sea while sipping welcome drinks or the resort’s signature cocktails. It is striking to note that the dresses donned by the female service staff are made by celebrated Filipino designer Rajo Laurel.
• Vintana is the resort’s all-day dining outlet serving international cuisine in buffet and à la carte menus. Start out with a scrumptious appetizer dish of salads or sushi, and head on to the main Asian courses. Top a full meal with the sweetest of treats from the pastry buffet to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings.
• Cielo restaurant, down the main pool, has its poolside bar counterpart, Alon. Dine al fresco in the cabanas situated all around the swimming pool area, and have a quick bite of pizzas and sandwiches. Alon Bar provides the drinks and entertainment as guests bask under the sun at the exclusive Banyugan beach.
• Sirena restaurant and Solana bar offer a more dramatic setting by the scenic cliff-side. Sirena is the main seafood outlet where you can feast on the freshest catch from the sea, cooked exquisitely by the seasoned chefs of the resort. Adjacent to Sirena is the Solana bar and lounge cabanas where sunset cocktails can be enjoyed with the sound of waves and live music as background.
• Rima restaurant is located in the treetops, amidst the resort’s lush greenery. It redefines elegant dining on Boracay, the first on the island to serve Northern Italian cuisine. The fantastic view from its elevated area coupled with the warm lighting set the mood for romance and intimacy.
Corporate and celebration events
For Banquet and Events the resort offers a green setting with every modern convenience, fully-equipped function rooms and outdoor venues. Experienced events managers attend to the minutest details so that corporate clients are able to have worry-free meetings, conferences, team-building activities or company parties.
The resort is a popular venue for destination weddings. Boracay’s sunset is a naturally gorgeous backdrop for the happy couple’s exchange of vows.
The Grand Ballroom makes for an ideal reception, with the option to hold a cocktail party at the foyer. For any kind of event, the service staff provides the legendary hospitality for which Shangri-La is world-renowned.
Be it a family holiday or simply a quiet retreat, Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort and Spa is the perfect paradise destination.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Conde Nast Traveler Gold List – Readers picks of the World’s Best Hotels
• Conde Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards – Top 25 Resorts in Asia (No. 8)
• Winner of Trip Advisor Travellers Choice – Top 25 Hotels in the Philippines (No. 2)
• Winner of Trip Advisor Travellers Choice – Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Philippines (No. 2)
• Winner of Trip Advisor Travellers Choice – Top 25 Hotels for Service in the Philippines (No. 7)
• Rima, Asia Tatler’s Philippine Best Restaurants
• Sirena, Asia Tatler’s Philippine Best Restaurants
• Vintana, Asia Tatler’s Philippine Best Restaurants
Number of employees