Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore
Orange Grove Road,
Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts
Date of creation
Hotel General Manager
5 – Star Luxury
Enhanced facilities for business and leisure traveller offering expanded options for family travellers with a dedicated family floor targeting, Gen X and Gen Y, mid to high-end consumers interested in luxury travels, luxury brands and overseas vacation.
SHANGRI-LA HOTEL SINGAPORE
Nestled amidst 15 acres of lush greenery near the vibrant Orchard Road shopping belt, the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore offers a tranquil urban retreat for business and leisure travellers. Renowned for its exceptional hospitality, the hotel is consistently voted amongst the best in the world. The hotel features 792 luxurious guestrooms and suites across three distinct wings. The hotel offers one of the widest selections of culinary experiences and most comprehensive family-friendly facilities amongst local hotels. Leisure and recreational facilities include CHI, The Spa, Buds by Shangri-La, a main swimming pool plus Splash Zone for families.
March 2020 – Splash Zone – the newly enhanced outdoor family pool and play area, situated in the gardens near to Garden Wing.
May 2017 – Relaunch of the newly renovated Tower Wing. Introducing a floor dedicated to family travellers, with 5 themed-family suites and 19 Deluxe Family Rooms. The rejuvenated tower houses Buds by Shangri-La, an interactive indoor play area, Lobby Lounge, Shophouse, Origin Grill & Bar, The Line, NAMI, Shang Palace and the Horizon Club.
Main strengths, Special touch
3 distinctive wings ensure there is something to suit everyone’s tastes. , be it an energising swim, a pampering spa treatment or a fun-filled play space for children and family-friendly services. The hotel offers value-added services for family travellers such as a family concierge and a family pantry (dedicated family floor) and an interactive play area. Especially suited for business travellers, the Horizon Club includes daily breakfast, afternoon tea and alcoholic drinks in the evening, prioritised check-in and check-out, one suit pressing and shoeshine services.
Situated in a strategic location in the heart of the city and away from traffic, the hotel is just walking distance from the prime shopping district of Orchard Road, a 5 minute drive or 30 minute walk to the Singapore Botanic Gardens and a 10-minute drive to the Marina Bay area.
Local cuisine: one of the most affordable Michelin-starred eateries in the world can be found right in hawker centres.
Local cultures: Little India, Chinatown, Katong, Kampong Glam and GeylangSerai, Clarke Quay, Haji Lane, Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, NUS Baba House, Peranakan Museum.
Landmarks and nature:Esplanade,Sentosa, Universal Studio Singapore, Orchard Road,Red Dot Design Museums, Gillman Barracks, National Gallery Singapore, Singapore Flyer, ArtScience Museum, Asian Civilisation Museum, Singapore Botanic Gardens,Pulau Ubin, Gardens by The Bay, Zoo, River Zoo , Jurong Bird Park, Night Safari, East Coast Beach, Mount Faber, nature reserves and nature parks.
Nightlife: Clarke Quay and Boat Quay
Family-friendly attractions: Sentosa, Universal Studios, Water Playground
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore was the very first Shangri-La Hotel in the world
15 acres of lush greenery and beautifully landscaped ground in Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore.
Family floor with a dedicated central pantry, family concierge, 5 themed suites and 19 deluxe family rooms.
Tower Wing’s contemporary furniture on the lobby and mezzanine floors are sourced from sustainable materials.
There are 5 key elements in the design of the Tower Wing lobby – Wind, Water, Wood, Trees, Stone.
2 pillar-less Ballrooms with a high ceiling capable of holding up to 1,700 guests.
24 meeting rooms with flexible meeting spaces and high ceiling pillar-less.
14 convertible suites-to-meeting space on level 10.
Discover a world of imagination and exploration with Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore’s new family accommodations, facilities and offerings that encourage fun, peace of mind, family time and learning through play.
The 9th floor of the hotel’s rejuvenated Tower Wing is dedicated to family travellers. Five Themed Family Suites offers an immersive space for children to sleep and dine, with unique whimsical interiors and dream-themed beds. Nineteen Deluxe Family Rooms ideal for families and guests travelling with young children are also available on the same floor.
An interactive indoor and outdoor play space spanning 2,150 square metres in total, Buds by Shangri-La is located on level 1 of the Tower Wing and features specially curated installations to take younger guests on a journey of discovery through four key narratives: embracing nature, adventure, camaraderie and independence.
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is the first hotel on Orchard Road to design and build an interactive play space for children, catering to both hotel guests and non-hotel guests.
Spanning over 2,150 square metres in total – 850 square metres indoors and another 1,300 square metres outside – the immersive and curated play space allows children to learn through play in a creative, self-directed and experiential environment, all while bonding with their parents.
PLAY – Indoor & Outdoor Fun at Buds by Shangri-La
Kids can play to their hearts content in the indoor interactive play space consisting of an Explorer Zone, filled with sand pits, nets, slides, ball pits and mazes; and soft-play Toddler Zone with swings and slides, an interactive piano floor, a ball pit and vintage kiddie rides which are suitable for children aged 4 years and below.
The fun extends outdoors, where kids can play make-believe inside a giant pirate ship structure offering challenging climbs and slides, and a water play zone with splash pads.
LEARN – Fun learning through Themed activities. Take part in a series of fun activities designed to encourage learning through play. Unlock your child’s inner star power and showcase their hidden talents at Stage, a music studio equipped with a grand piano, a karaoke system and interactive drum sets.
Paint the town red at Muddy, a creative art space for budding artists who like to make a splash.
At Muddy, every wall is a canvas waiting for your child’s masterpiece.
Ignite the joys of baking and cooking in your Kids at Bake, a fully equipped cooking classroom for children. Bond with them with our seasonal parent-child cook out sessions!
• Number of suites:
Tower Wing: Junior Suite 34 units, 1 Bedroom Suite 5 units, Themed Family Suite 5 units, and Grand Suite 1 unit
Garden Wing: 1 Bedroom Suite 9 units, and Premier Balcony Suite 3 units
Valley Wing: 1 Bedroom Suite 11 units, Deluxe suite 12 units
• Number of Luxury rooms:
Valley Wing: Singapore Suite 2 units, Shangri-La Suite 1 unit
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• NAMI features the art of Japanese fine-dining with a panoramic view at Level 24 of the Tower Wing.
• Origin Grill showcases sustainable seafood carefully sourced from Southeast Asia and some of the world’s best beef cuts.
• Origin Bar offers cocktails inspired by 6 key districts of Singapore, the hotel’s hometown: Orchard Road, Balestier, Chinatown, Little India, Boat Quay and Marina Bay.
• The Line offers an extensive array of international cuisine in a buffet setting, with a la carte options available.
• Shang Palace serves traditional Cantonese cuisine with a modern artistic touch from multi award-winning Executive Chinese Chef Mok Kit Keung.
• Waterfall Ristorante Italiano offers authentic and unique Southern Italian cuisine that combines the freshest seafood, handmade pastas and heirloom recipes.
• The Lobby Lounge offers authentic heritage hawker fare in an indoor garden setting.
• The Rose Veranda features afternoon tea, with savouries and desserts, at the mezzanine level of the Tower Wing.
• Shophouse by Shangri-La provides freshly-baked breads, cakes, pastries, sandwiches, salads and beverages to grab-and-go.
• Diner De Fleur promises a romantic dinner for 2, surrounded by a variety of orchids from the region at The Orchid.
Wellness as you wish
Looking to recharge? Head to the 24-hour gym for a workout any time you prefer or enjoy a cool swim surrounded by tropical greenery. Afterwards, indulge in a relaxing massage at Chi, The Spa. Chi, The Spa at Shangri-La is a personal sanctuary where holistic treatments are based on time-honoured methods shared by many Asian cultures. The 24-hour gymnasium offers the latest in physical conditioning, suitable for both beginners and athletes. The hotel’s free-form swimming pool has a Jacuzzi, children’s fun pool, fountains and fibre optic lighting that comes to life at night in a magical array of colours.
Corporate And Celebration Events
• Lobby Level Ballroom and Meeting Room : 2291 sqm
• Mezzanine Level : 1097.6 sqm
• State Room : 101 sqm
• 1st Floor of Garden Wing : 586.9 sqm
• Dutch Pavillion
• Bayan Deck
Extra notable features
• Yoga Platform
• Splash Pad
• Pool Bar
Hotel and restaurants awards
2020 (so far)
Harper’s BAZAAR Singapore Spa Awards 2020 – Most Luxurious Day Spa Experience
abillionveg 2020 Singapore Top 50 Vegan Dish Awards – The Line’s Battered Banana Blossom and Chips
Best Afternoon Tea, Expat Living Readers’ Choice 2020 – Bronze – The Rose Veranda @ Shangri-La
Best Indoor Activity for Kids, Expat Living Readers’ Choice 2020 – Bronze – buds by Shangri-La
Singapore Green Hotel Award 2019 – 2020
Forbes Travel Guide Award 2020 – 4 stars
Booking.com Traveller Reviews Awards 2020
Destinasian Readers’ Choice Awards 2020 Singapore – Top 10
Best Hotel for Business, Expat Living Readers’ Choice 2019
Best Afternoon Tea, Expat Living Readers’ Choice 2019
Top 10 Meeting Hotels in Asia Pacific (No. 8), Cvents 2019
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2019 Winner
Data Protection Trustmark Certification 2019, Infocomm Media Development Authority, Singapore
Best Wedding Dinner Venue, Her World Brides Venue Awards 2019
Best Business Hotel in Singapore, Business Traveller Awards 2019
Top 10 Best Hotels & Resorts in Singapore, DestinAsian Readers’ Choice Awards
Smart Travel Asia: #3 in Top Conference Hotels 2019
Parents’ Choice Awards 2019 Winner, Young Parents Magazine
Conde Nast Travelers’ Readers’ Choice Awards: #3 in Top Hotels in Singapore 2019
• TTG Travel Awards: Best Luxury Hotel 2018
• The Stella Awards: Best Renovation in International Region (Gold) 2018
• Conde Nast Travelers’ Readers’ Choice Awards: #2 in Top Hotels in Singapore 2018
• Business Traveller UK Awards: Best Business Hotel Chain in Asia Pacific 2018
• Travel Weekly Asia Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Hotel in Asia Pacific 2018
• BCA Green Mark Award (Gold), 2018
• The Weekender Foodmania Awards: Best Buffet Restaurant – The Line, 2018
• The Bar Awards Singapore: Best New Bar – Origin Bar, 2018
• Rocheston Distinguished Restaurant Awards – Shang Palace, 2018
• The Peak Gourmet Restaurant Awards: Best Business Lunch (Western) – Origin Grill, 2018
• Wine & Dine: Best New Restaurant (Western) – Origin Grill, 2018
• Listed in MICHELIN Guide 2018: Shang Palace
• Listed in CTrip Gourmet List 2018: Shang Palace, The Line, The Rose Veranda
• AHEAD: Best Hotel Renovation and Restoration, 2018
• Smart Travel Asia: #2 in Top Conference Hotel, 2018
gin Grill & Bar)
• BCA Green Mark Award (Gold), 2017
• ASEAN Green Hotel, 2017
• Top 5 Hotel Brands for Business, Destinasian, 2017
• Top 5 Hotel Brands for Leisure, Destinasian, 2017
• Best Body Wellness Treatment, Harper’s Bazaar Singapore Spa Awards, 2017
• Best Anti-Ageing Facial, Harper’s Bazaar Spa Awards, 2017
• Best For Tailored Treatments: Chi, The Spa, Expat Living, 2017
• Top 10 Overseas Best Luxury Hotel, Luxury Travel Magazine, 2017
• One of the Best Conference Hotels and Top 25 Business Hotels in Asia, SmartTravelAsia, 2017
• Singapore’s Top Restaurants House of Stars One – The Line, Wine & Dine magazine, 2017
• Expert’s Choice Award, Trip Expert, 2017
• Readers’ Choice Awards: Top Hotels in Southern Asia – 1st, Condé Nast Traveler, 2016
• Readers’ Choice Awards: The 50 Best Hotels in the World – 29th, Condé Nast Traveler, 2016
• One of the Best Business Hotels in Singapore, Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards, 2016
• Top 25 Luxury Hotels in Singapore – 5th, TripAdvisor, 2016
• Singapore Hotel Ranking – 8th, Trivago, 2016
• Diplomatic Hotel on a Global Level, Haute Grandeur Global Hotel and Spa Awards, 2016
• Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award, Forbes Travel Guide, 2016, 2015
Top 10 Singapore Hotels -4th, Conde Nast Traveler USA