Soneva Kiri Thailand
110 Moo 4 Koh Kood Sub-District, Koh Kood District, Trat 23000,
Soneva Resorts, Residences & Spas
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Ms. Francisca Antunes
History & Story
Untamed jungle, pristine beaches, local fishermen going about their business, Koh Kood is an unspoiled island far beyond Thailand’s tourist trail. Located on this island is the serene and secluded Soneva Kiri, offering an unrivalled blend of luxury, environmentally friendly design and unforgettable, authentic Thai experiences. Barefoot luxury at its best, Soneva Kiri inspires the imagination, Thai style.
Soneva Kiri comprises 36 ultra-spacious pool villas, ranging in size from one to six bedrooms, and all offering the highest standard of luxury and privacy at this one-of-a-kind island hideaway. All villas feature beautifully-designed interiors made from the highest quality sustainable materials, and are carefully designed to blend seamlessly into the island’s outstanding natural beauty.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Barefoot Intelligent Luxury at its best. No news, no shoes, Thai style.
• All villas offer exclusive facilities to enhance the overall sentiment of intuitive and intelligent luxury, and all are equipped with an array of facilities and services.
• Dining experiences at Soneva Kiri are defined by the simplicity of flavours and freshness of its ingredients. In addition to the restaurants and bars, the resort offers culinary explorers the opportunity for private picnics, and destination dining around Koh Kood.
• Island adventures or romantic escapes, Soneva Kiri’s variety of nature-inspired experiences caters to every kind of traveler. Guests can choose from spa treatments, star gazing and nature walks along the island’s trails.
• Guests are welcomed to meander across the resort to delight in imaginative experiences, each a spectacular treat for the senses. Thrill seekers can indulge in adventures such as snorkeling in nearby reefs, fishing in local fishing boats, visiting the Khlong Chao waterfall, jungle trekking, astronomy classes and much more.
Ancient Siam meets privacy and ‘Intelligent Luxury’ at Soneva Kiri. The award-winning luxury resort is located on Thailand’s fourth largest but least populated island, Koh Kood, and is
surrounded by lush, tropical rainforest and white beaches. The resort can be reached by a short 70 minute flight on the resort’s private plane direct from Suvarnabhumi Airport, or alternatively by domestic flight from Bangkok to Trat followed by a short boat ride to Koh Kood.
Key sites/activities in the area
We stumbled down hillsides blanketed with ancient rainforest, dug our toes into the soft sand on coconut palm shaded beaches, strolled through the pristine waters, the ocean lapping at our calves and knew we had found our next retreat. The island of Koh Kood is located 350 km southeast of Bangkok, Thailand and 80 km off the Thai mainland. Easily accessible from the hub that is Bangkok, it feels like a land before time. The fourth largest island in the country, it remains remarkably undeveloped. Untouched slopes, wild interiors and immaculate beaches compose its raw glamour. The isle’s charms inspired the rustic-chic design of the resort, sustainably crafted with recycled wood like the poles that bring to mind the stilts of the local fishing villages.
We believe every one of our guests deserves the VIP treatment. And what could be more exclusive than a private plane transfer to a lush jungle-covered island escape?
As soon as you touch down at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport, our smiling staff are on hand to whisk you through a private passport control. Soar through the skies over Thailand’s eastern seaboard and coast over the Gulf of Thailand, arriving in just 90 minutes at a small island airport. Your personal Mr. or Mrs. Friday greets you, guiding you on a 5-minute speedboat ride to Soneva Kiri’s shores.
The Den, creatively constructed in the shape of a large manta ray hovering above the forest, the den is dedicated to learning, excitement and meaningful experiences. Child caretakers teach them to play Thai instruments, paint and the visual arts, and watch over them as they play amidst nature.
Eco Den, Little ones under five years receive personal and dedicatedchildcare at the Eco Den, which features its own natural swimming pool, shaded areas, a garden, a sleep and relaxation room and a discovery room for exploring.
Number of rooms in all: 36 ultra-spacious pool villas, ranging in size from one to six bedrooms
• Bayview Pool Villa Suite, 6 villas, 464 sqm.
• Sunset Ocean View Pool Villa Suite, 5 villas, 482 sqm.
• Beach Pool Villa Suite, 11 villas, 403 sqm.
• 2 Bedroom Sunset Ocean View Pool Retreat, 1 villa, 598 sqm.
• 2 Bedroom Junior Beach Pool Retreat, 3 villa, 617 sqm.
• 3 Bedroom Private Beach Pool Reserve, 1 villa, 641 sqm.
• 4 Bedroom Bayview Pool Reserve, 1 villa, 1,211 sqm.
• 4 Bedroom Sunset Ocean View Pool Reserve, 2 villas, 1,211 sqm.
• 5 Bedroom Bayview Pool Reserve, 2 villas, 1,845 sqm.
• 5 Bedroom Sunset Ocean View Pool Reserve, 1 villa, 1,845 sqm.
• 5 Bedroom Beach Pool Reserve, 2 villas, 1,845 sqm.
• 6 Bedroom Sunset Ocean View Pool Reserve, 1 villa, 2,928 sqm.
Restaurants & Bars
• Dining Room, The uniquely styled cooking cottage offers innovative Thai and Mediterranean cuisine, in an ambience complete with Thaistyle seating and relaxed day beds.
• Benz, This renowned restaurant is located in a classic wooden Thai structure stilted amongst the mangroves encircling Klong Yai Kee waterfall. With a ‘no-menu’ dining concept, Chef Benz’ vast selection of Thai dishes is inspired by ingredients produced either on Koh Kood or nearby Koh Chang and seafood that comes from local fishermen or is island grown.
• So Spirited, Perched atop a cliff, this destination offers lunch, pre-dinner drinks and dinner accompanied by spectacular rainforest and ocean views.
• The View, The restaurant serves modern bistro cooking with locally sourced ingredients prepared using Western cooking techniques. Menus change daily to complement the seasons and what is best in the market.
• Treepod Dining, The renowned dining experience invites guests to sink into the comfortable bamboo pod as they are gently hoisted high up into the tropical foliage of Koh Kood’s ancient rainforest. Gourmet delights and beverages are delivered via the zip-line acrobatics of the personal waiter.
Six Senses Spa, The tranquil Six Senses Spa features a salon, a consultation room, a watsu pool and eight treatments rooms, five of which have private relaxation areas. A team of highly skilled therapists, a fitness trainer and an Ayurvedic consultant take guests on uplifting sensory journeys.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• For truly memorable corporate retreats, business meetings or inspirational team building time ‘with a difference’, make the most of Soneva Kiri’s new ‘Meeting and Incentive Package’.
• Soneva Weddings are about love and laughter, family and friends, vows and dreams, promises and pampering. They are about slow life, eternity, and living in the moment. Above all, they are about memories. May your best ones begin here and now.
Extra Notable Features
• Cinema Paradiso, Movie aficionados can watch classics under the stars at the overwater outdoor cinema, with complimentary screenings four nights a week and private screenings three nights a week. The experience is enhanced by complimentary gourmet popcorn, the full-service bar and private dinners.
•The Observatory, Those fascinated by astronomy can explore the glimmering galaxies from the resort’s state-of-the-art observatory, far from the obscuring lights of civilization. Visiting astronomers show guests the constellations, the moons of Jupiter and the halo of Saturn’s translucent ring.
•Eco Centro, A ‘waste to wealth’ centre transforms the used articles and materials at the resort into recycled treasure.
•Angkor Wat, Guests can discover the captivating world heritage wonders of Angkor Wat with the resort’s twice weekly plane service to Siem Reap, Cambodia, only 60 minutes by flight.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• CONDÉ NAST TRAVEL CHINA 2015, Gold List, Best Resorts in Thailand
• CONDÉ NAST JOHANSENS AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE 2015, Finalist, Best for Families
• JETSETTER ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ AWARD 2015, Best Far Flung Escape
• WORLD TRAVEL AND TOURISM COUNCIL – TOURISM FOR TOMORROW 2015 AWARDS, Winner in the ‘Environment’ category in the annual World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Tourism for Tomorrow Awards
• TAT (TOURISM OF THAILAND AUTHORITY)’s Wanderlust Magazine Thai Green Excellence award 2014, TAT (Tourism of Thailand Authority)’s Wanderlust Magazine Thai Green Excellence award for Nature, Maritime and Heritage
•IE Awards for Sustainability in the Premium & Luxury Sectors, IE Sustainable Luxury Award 2014 in recognition for its sustainability work in the luxury an premium sector of the hospitality industry
•GLOBAL TRAVEL EXPERIENCE AWARD – Zanadu, China, Best Children’s program
•WORLD LUXURY HOTELS AWARDS 2014,
Number of employees
Approximately three hundred and more hosts