Songtsam Choskyi Linka Lhasa China
Songtsam Choskyi Linka Lhasa
Cijiaolin Tourism Cultural and Creative Area, Chengguan District,
Lhasa, Tibet, China 850000
Songtsam Hotels Resorts & Tours
Songtsam Hotels Resorts & Tours
Date of Creation
June 1st, 2017
Hotel General Manager
Mrs. Zhuang Yueying, she has been working in hotel industry for over 14 years. 2018 – now, GM of Songtsam Lhasa Linka Hotel 2017 – 2018, Vice GM of Songtsam Lhasa Linka Hotel 2010 – 2016, Financial Manager, Residence and Vice GM of Songtsam Shangri-la Linka Hotel 2005 – 2009, Financial Manager of Songtsam Lvgu Lodge Shangri-la
SONGTSAM CHOSKYI LINKA LHASA
History & Story
Songtsam, led by hotelier Baima Duoji, is a hospitality brand offering guests sophisticated elegance, refined design, discreet and attentive service in places of unique beauty and cultural interest. Based on the operation of hotels and the development of customized travel routes in Yunnan province and Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR), China, Baima Duoji has taken “pursuing the source of happiness” as the core value of Songtsam, continuously exploring and sincerely preserving the essence of Tibetan culture whilst promoting the economic development, environmental conservation, community co-prosperity as well as sustainability of Yunnan and Tibet for more than 20 years.
Via the “Songtsam” platform and its unobtrusive service, Baima Duoji reveals the charm of Tibetan culture which is in harmony with nature to guests from domestic and overseas, meanwhile offers them chance to experience the authentic Tibetan culture. Under the background of modernization and globalization, he creates a gateway to mysterious and hidden destinations of Shambhala.
Newly opened in 2017
Main Strengths, Special Touch
1) Architecture: Built on the edge of an old park, our retreat offers spectacular views of the nearby Potala Palace located only 5 kilometers away. From the hotel’s slaked lime coloured walls to the indigo carved windows and fish-fin shaped facade, all of these architectural details pay great respect to traditional artisans, Tibetan culture, and ancient wisdom.
2) Interior design: The interior design is inspired and derived from the lifestyle of Lhasa natives; stylistically decorated with exquisite Thangka paintings and wall tapestries to revive an environment typical of noble families living centuries ago.
3) Feature: Our retreat hosts 50 rooms, all of which exhibit a unique combination of modern and traditional Tibetan aesthetics that are elegantly decorated with wooden floors, wall tapestries, and handcrafted copperware. Each room is also fully equipped with oxygen concentrators to relieve AMS and ensure good rest.
4) Service: For over 20 years, Songtsam has taken “pursuing the source of happiness” as its core value. During this time the company has been continuously exploring and sincerely preserving the essence of Tibetan culture, whilst also committing to support local communities. Majority of the employees are from the local community. Via the Songtsam platform, Songtsam reveals that the charm of Tibetan culture is to be in harmony with nature and the local people; and when combined with authentic accommodation, warm-hearted service, and unique travel experiences, it will bring you closer to “Shangri-La”.
Our retreat offers spectacular views of the nearby Potala Palace located only 5 kilometers away. Our location is very close to “The Princess Wencheng” theater.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street
- “The Princess Wencheng” live show
Songtsam has designed a variety of daily activities for guests to explore the region’s local charm and long-standing culture, such as:
- Traditional Thangka painting class
- “Once Upon a Time in Lhasa” afternoon tea tasting
- Tibetan village walks
No spacial space for Children is available.
- Number of suites: 50 Rooms
- Number of Luxury rooms: 50 Rooms
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 50 Rooms
18 x Superior Suite with Garden View (King/Twin Bed)
14 x Superior Suite with Potala Palace View (King/Twin Bed)
10 x Deluxe Suite with Garden View
8 x Deluxe Suite with Potala Palace View
The rooms range from 80m² to 95sm² in size.
Room Amenities: Free toiletries Shower Bathrobe Safe Toilet Sofa Hardwood or parquet floors Towels Socket near the bed Desk Slippers Refrigerator Telephone Tea/Coffee maker Heating Hairdryer Extra long beds (> 6.5 ft) CD Player Carpeted Electric kettle Wake-up service Wardrobe or closet Dining area Dining table Clothes rack Drying rack for clothing Toilet paper
Restaurants & Bars
- The Chinese and Tibetan restaurant is able to host up to 100 guests delicately serving local specialties like grilled yak fillet and Tibetan home- style dishes.
- The Western restaurant can seat up to 36 guests and offers a breakfast buffet, à la carte, and a selection of handpicked wines.
- Café Bar: Located next to the lobby where signature drinks and snacks, including Tibetan butter tea and homemade barley cookies are served. Equipped with 24-hour oxygen concentrators, public computers, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Upcoming Spa: The spa includes 2 therapy rooms featuring handmade bronze bathtubs, a Zen-style lounge, and is elaborately designed for traditional Kum Nye Tibetan massages.
Corporate & Celebration Events
117m2 in size and provides event organisers with a flexible space for 48-88 guests to host annual galas, team building activities, business conferences, and more.
Corporate space (size, capacity, main facilities):
64m2 in size and has a multimedia presentation system that caters to the needs of business guests.
Extra Notable Features
• Library: Providing guests with a quiet environment for reading and relaxing as well as the place for where we serve Tibetan afternoon tea.
• Boutique: Handcrafted artisan items handpicked by the Songtsam team are displayed here. Includes antique jewelry, Tibetan carpets, wall tapestries, and ethic home ware, all of which make ideal gifts and unique souvenirs.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2019 China’s Must Stay Hotel of Best Hotel & Resort Value Award by Voyage Magazine
2018-2019 Most Recommended Functional Restaurant of China Feast Restaurant Awards by Olive Restaurant Review Magazine
2018 China’s Best Boutique Hotels of China Travel Awards by Travel + Leisure Magazine
2018 China’s Most Popular Resort Hotel of Golden Pillow Award by 21st Century Business Herald
2018 The Travel of Cultural Geography Price of Best Hotels & Resorts Award by Travel Information Magazine
2018 Best Boutique Hotel by City Travel Hotel Awards by Travel City Magazine
2017-2018 The Most Beautiful Boutique Hotel by City Traveler Best Hotel Awards
Number of employees