Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives
Emboodhu Finolhu, South Male’ Atoll, P.O. Box 2117, Republic of Maldives
Established in 1903, TAJ is one of Asia’s largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 101 hotels in 64 locations across the globe, including presence in India, North America, United Kingdom, Africa, Middle East, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan and Nepal. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. TAJ is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house. For more information, please visit www.tajhotels.com
TAL Maldives Pvt Ltd
Mr. Vishal Singh
Five Star Luxury Hotel
TAJ EXOTICA RESORT & SPA, MALDIVES
History & Story
Welcome to an island sanctuary where luxury and landscape merge to create a living experience that is one with nature.
The award-winning resort seamlessly extends the magic of the island’s blessed natural beauty in its design even as it offers the finest in contemporary amenities and services. Luxuriously appointed villas and suites, private plunge pools and personal sundecks with endless views of the Indian Ocean, make this the perfect setting for a private retreat. Our Jiva Grande Spa, an authentic Indian spa, offers a range of signature wellness experiences. A choice of bespoke dining experiences, water sports, and recreation options make for a complete and exclusive destination holiday.
Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives, has been voted the Best Resort in Asia and the Second Best in the World (Conde Naste Traveler USA Readers’ Choice Awards 2012 & Gold List 2013).
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives is located on the exotic Emboodhu Finolhu Island, in the middle of one of the largest natural lagoons in the world. This tropical isle, once known as the ‘Three Coconut Island’, ornamented with pale white sand and crystal blue waters is lush with tropical flora. The resort is only 20 minutes by luxury speedboat, available 24 hours, from Velana International Airport and Male’ City.
Romance: Renewal of Vows, Private Sunset Cruise, Bird’s Eyeview of Maldives, Fishing by Twilight
Adventure: Snorkeling, Diving, Water Skiing, Windsurfing, Parasailing, Big Game Fishing, Submarine Dive, Catamaran Sailing, Kayaking, Island Exploration, Shark & Stingray Feeding, Banana Boat Rides
Custom Dining: Ocean Pavilion Dining, Champagne Sun Downer, Sand Bank, Beach, & Tree Top Dining
Our Board room is converted to Kid’s Club during the festive seasons. Program includes Sand Castle Building, Pedal Boat Race, Treasure Hunt, Kids Yoga, Bubble Maker Program, Young Bartender Class, Leaf Weaving, Crab Race, Pedal Boat Race, Movie Games, Canoe Race, Art Making/Painting, & Baking Club.
Each of the resort’s luxuriously designed 64 villas and suites is furnished in natural tones and textures and offers ocean views. Most of the resort’s luxuriously designed villas are perched over the lagoon with nothing but blue ocean waters and glorious sunsets to block the view. All the villas are palm-thatched, built of finest natural wood finishes on the exteriors and the interiors are delightfully appointed in classic Maldivian style.
• 20 Lagoon Villas
• 31 Deluxe Lagoon Villas with Pool
• 3 Premium Villa with Pool
• 4 Deluxe Beach Villa with Pool
• 2 One Bedroom Ocean Suite with Pool
• 1 One Bedroom Beach Suite with Pool
• 2 Two Bedroom Beach Suite with Spa & Pool
• The Rehendi Presidential Overwater Suite with Pool
Restaurants & bars
• 24 Degrees
The all-day dining restaurant with a display kitchen, offers a variety of Pan-Asian and European comfort food. The Teppanyaki with masterly crafted teppan set menus of fresh seafood, meats and vegetable, offers a unique culinary experience. The restaurant has nightly themed menus that cater to different palettes from different parts of the world.
• The Deep End
The food theory of Deep End is to incorporate the latest trends in modern fine dining coupled with creative presentations. The cuisine itself is upscale European in its background with the best of Mediterranean & modern Western food. Our team of talented chefs focus on procuring the highest quality produce, prepared with clockwork precision and abundant creativity with neo cuisine platting. The focus is on “Farm to Plate” soul food, thus enhancing each and every flavor of every ingredient on the plate.
• The Equator Bar
Have the perfect balance of mood, music and vibrancy. Add a variety of traditional vintages, new world wines, cocktails, cigars & shishas by the extensive beach patio.
24-hour In-Villa Dining: A vast selection of food and beverages served 24 hours in the comfort and privacy of your own villa or suite.
• The Pool Bar & Restaurant
Set beside the resort’s fabulous infinity pool the eatery offers a choice of healthy snacks and coolers along with oven-fresh pizzas and exotic tropical cocktails.
Jiva Grande Spa offers the best in Indian rejuvenation therapies ranging from Indian aromatherapy massages, wellness treatments, yoga, and meditation. The spa experiences are offered by trained experts using exclusive natural products in a fresh and harmonious setting. Jiva Grande Spa offers Alepa, a signature treatment that evokes the aura of the fabled and privileged lifestyle of Indian royalty. ‘Alepa’ – literally the act of anointing the body – is a wellness experience drawn from sacred and ceremonial time-honoured Indian bathing rituals.
Corporate and celebration events
• Come Together
The Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives, is an exclusive destination to host a private and intimate celebration. To match the relaxed splendour of the resort we offer a refreshing, traditional welcome drink to your guests as we begin to get everyone settled in. Convening in Maldives is a luxurious privilege, offering you and your guests a location that not many people in the world will ever see. From the moment of arrival at the resort and special welcome festivities your guests are provided with a decadent kick-off to what is certain to be a memorable gathering.
• Plan a Flawless Event Every Time
Whatever the occasion – anniversaries, honeymoons and birthday dinners – they all take on an extra layer of glamour in our idyllic resort setting. Taj Exotica Resort & Spa offers just the right spaces and planning assistance to make each and every event special and personalized to an extraordinary degree.
• Renewal of Vows
From your engagement to a Renewal of Vows ceremony and all the important milestones in between, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives, will handle all your functions with flawless aplomb. Consult with our wedding planner to create an event that will delight the couple, parents and all friends and family who attend.
Whether a couple chooses a traditional ceremony or themed extravaganza, the Taj team will move heaven and earth to ensure that your wedding is nothing short of perfection.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Winner of “2nd Best Resort in the Indian Ocean” by Conde Nast Traveler U.S. Reader’s Choice Award 2018
• Winner of “8th Best Resort in the World” by Conde Nast Traveler U.S. Reader’s Choice Award 2018
• Winner of “Best Luxury Resort – International” by Travel + Leisure India’s Best Award 2017
• Winner of “Favorite Spa in an Overseas Hotel” by Conde Nast Traveller India Readers’ Travel Awards 2017
• Winner of “Favourite Overseas Leisure Hotel” in Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards 2016.
• Winner of “Condé Nast Reader’s Award” in the Condé Nast Johansens Awards 2016.
• Awarded as the “Best Villa Resort” in Haute Grandeur Global Hotel Awards 2016.
• The Deep End restaurant is awarded the “2016 Best of Award of Excellence” by the Wine Spectator.
• Awarded by TripAdvisor in 2016 Travellers’ Choice Award, “Top Hotels for Service” – Ranked #2 in Maldives and #9 in Asia.
• Awarded by TripAdvisor in 2016 Travellers’ Choice Award, “Top Luxury Hotels” – Ranked #3 in Maldives and #11 in Asia.
• Runner-up “Favourite Overseas Leisure Hotel” in Conde Nast India Readers’ Travel Awards 2015.
• The Deep End Specialty restaurant is awarded the “2015 Award of Excellence” by the Wine Spectator.
• Awarded the “Condé Nast Johansens Best for Couples 2015”.
• Awarded the “Leading Food & Beverage Resort” and “Most Romantic Resort” by MATATO in November 2014 Maldives Travel Awards.
• Jiva Grande Spa is awarded “Favorite Overseas Spa Hotel” by Conde Nast Traveller India in the Readers’ Travel Award November 2014
• Awarded “Top 25 Best Leisure Hotels and Resorts” by SmartTravelAsia.com in 2014 Best Travel Poll Award.
• Two-Bedroom Beach Suite (201) was listed in ‘The Top 101 Suites of the World 2014’ by Elite Traveler.
• Listed in Luxury Travel Australia Gold List 2014 – Best Overseas Resort.
• Ranked #3 “The 35 Best Island Resorts for Food” in Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award 2013.
• Awarded the “Best Honeymoon Hotel” by Russian Eye Awards 2013.
• Awarded the “Best Luxury Hotel in Maldives 2013” by Business Destination.
• Listed in Condé Nast Traveler Gold List 2013 – Best Hotels in the World and Top 10 Private Pools.
• Voted No. 1 Best Resort in Asia and No. 2 in the World by the Condé Nast Traveler in 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards.
Number of employees