Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad
Taj Falaknuma Palace, Hyderabad
Engine Bowli, Falaknuma,
Hyderabad – 500053
Established in 1903, TAJ is one of Asia’s largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 101 hotels in 64 locations across the globe, including presence in India, North America, United Kingdom, Africa, Middle East, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan and Nepal. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. TAJ is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house. For more information, please visit www.tajhotels.com
Indian Hotels Company Limited
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Parvinder Bual
5 Star Deluxe
TAJ FALAKNUMA PALACE, HYDERABAD
History & Story
Passed on for generations like a precious jewel, Falaknuma Palace or ‘Mirror of the Sky’ was the residence of Nizam Mehboob Ali Khan. After ten years of sensitive restoration, the Taj has infused new life into this sixty room private palace to offer visitors a glimpse of the imperial lifestyle of the Nizams who governed the legendary city of Hyderabad. What was once the sole preserve of visiting royalty-King Edward VIII and the last Russian Tsar, Nicholas II.
The Palace has been restored by Her Highness Princess Ezra and William Ward Marret in November 2010.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Falaknuma Palace is also known as the ’mirror of the sky‘ because at 2000 feet, it was built in the clouds and reflects the ever-changing moods of the sky. Set in 32 acres of land and spread over 19400 square meters.
Situated on the banks of the Musi river, the 400 year old city of Hyderabad, which is now a burgeoning IT hub, was once governed by and home to the legendary Nizams of India. Steeped in its past of refined courtly life played out in elaborate palaces, it is a memorable place to visit.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Qutub Shahi Tombs
• Chowmahalla Palace
• Golconda Fort
• Mecca Masjid
• Salarjung Museum
• Ramoji Film City
• Palace has the longest dining table in the world (108 feet long)
• Palace was the first residence ih Hyderabad to have electricity
• As per the Time Magazine, the 6th Nizam was the richest man in the world
There are many activities arranged to keep the children engaged. All the activities for children are developed by keeping the local ethos in mind e.g. Horse Riding, Cookie Baking, Treasure Hunt, Egg Painting, Movie Screening, etc.
• 4 Luxury Rooms – Courtyard View
Luxury Rooms are glimpses of royalty, shaped by Italian marble flooring, valance curtains, colonial furniture, 310 TC Egyptian cotton linen sheets and Ploh bathrobes.
• 45 Palace Rooms – Courtyard View/ City View
You can see the commitment to these ideals in the rich fabrics, gleaming oak wood floors, hand-painted walls and its literal reflection in the bathroom’s mirrored tiles.
• 3 Historical Suites
Time stands still in delicate Edwardian artwork, antique furniture, grand high ceilings and luscious fabrics personally handpicked by Her Highness Princess Ezra.
• 8 Royal Suites
The timber used all across these rooms are well seasoned 120-year-old Burma teak.
• 3 Grand Royal Suites
Spectacular panoramic views impatiently duel with the lavish artistry of the interiors. As a symbolic reminder of Islamic traditions gone by, we have retained the separate privacy section of the Begum Suite, designed for a time when women were meant to be unseen, private and in purdah.
• 1 Grand Presidential Suite
The Suite is a self-contained oasis of luxury, a declaration validated by the presence of a private swimming pool, a private Jacuzzi, ornate furnishings and soothing marble fountain.
Restaurants & Bars
Indian Speciality Restaurant
Celeste is an Italian Speciality Restaurant
• Breakfast at Jade Verandah
Breakfast can now be enjoyed at Gol Bungalow during Winters and at Celeste during all seasons.
• The Jade Room
• Hookah Lounge
• Pool Side
• Palace In-Room Dining
• Yoga – What better way to start your day, than to join the yoga session under the 200-year-old banyan tree, with our Resident Yoga expert.
• Jiva Spa – The Jiva Spa offers a range of traditional Indian wellness treatments and experiences in a stylish and soothing ambience.-
• Swimming Pool
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Fashion Event
• Falaknuma Festival
• New Year Celebrations
Extra Notable Features
• Auto Rickshaw Tour Of The Old City Of Hyderabad
• Historic Hyderabad Race – This interesting race includes a lot of tasks and clues with historic facts and visits to various monuments, with your great bargaining skills in old city you can guide your team to victory.
• Jagdish & Kamla Mittal Museum of indian Art
• Morning Vintage Car Drive to Charminar
• Biriyani Trails
• City Tour of Hyderabad with Heritage Interpreter
• Laq Bangles
• Bidri Crafts
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Heritage Hotel Awards 2014.
• Gold E award of Excellence has recognized Taj Falaknuma as World’s Best Hotel (2014)by ENTRÉE
• Favourite Indian Heritage Hotel in India by Outlook Traveller Readers, 2013.
•Taj Falaknuma has won the CNBC AWAAZ Travel Award 2013 for BEST LUXURY HOTEL CATEGORY in India.
•’Best Lifestyle Hotel/ Resort of the Year’ for the prestigious NDTV Good Times Life Style Awards 2013.
•Five Best Hotels in India by Elle UK 2013
•Top 20 Romantic Places by Conde Nast Traveller, 2013
Number of employees