Taj Palace, New Delhi
Taj Palace, New Delhi
Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi –110021, India
Established in 1903, TAJ is one of Asia’s largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 101 hotels in 64 locations across the globe, including the presence in India, North America, United Kingdom, Africa, Middle East, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan and Nepal. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. TAJ is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house. For more information, please visit www.tajhotels.com
Mr. Nayan Seth
TAJ PALACE, NEW DELHI
History & Story
Spread over six acres of lush gardens, the iconic Taj Palace, New Delhi holds a prominent place in the capital’s prestigious Diplomatic Enclave. Synonymous with timeless luxury and unmatched hospitality, the hotel offers modern facilities seamlessly infused with epitomising elements of exquisite Indian art. It offers an incomparable combination of award-winning combination of comfort, service and luxury. As a celebration of luxury coupled with timeless hospitality, the hotel finds a pre-eminent position among the leading hotels of the world. For close to four decades, the hotel has been a gracious host to royalty, heads of states, corporate chieftains and travellers from across the globe and is home to an array of legendary and award-winning culinary and wellness experiences.
The epitome of luxury, hospitality and world-class service, Taj Palace, New Delhi stands in the heart of India’s capital city. Beautifully enveloped in lush green surroundings, the hotel is the vital destination of highlife and grandeur. Situated in the city’s Diplomatic Enclave, the hotel is close to most high commissions, foreign missions and embassies, as well as the many revered historical landmarks and places of interest that the city is known for.
Bespoke Luxury Experience
· Soirée de Luxe: A post-dinner, after-hours experience, Soirée de Luxe features a confluence of the finest luxury indulgences such as cigars, cognacs, petit fours, handcrafted chocolates, single-origin teas and specialty coffees, live music and a mesmeric setting overlooking the verdant putting greens at the Tea Lounge alfresco. The experience can be customized as per preference and is the perfect epilogue to any dinner or evening celebration.
· The Old Delhi Spice Tour and Masterclass: A truly sensorial experience that touches all the senses. Begin with a tour of the rustic alleys and by lanes of Old Delhi’s famous Spice Market – Khari Baoli that comes to life during the festive season. Join our chef as he takes you through the streets of the Walled City’s legendary wholesale spice market. Soak up the vivacity and charm of the historic city as you engage with the local community and spice traders. Select your choice of spices with your chef and bring them back with you to the city’s most loved Indian culinary destination – Masala Art. Don the chef’s hat and learn the fine art of cuisine at the restaurant’s live kitchen as you incorporate freshly bought spices and the choicest of ingredients. Culminate the experience with an exquisite lunch personalized to your preference.
· Quintessentially Delhi: A fully tailor-made experience for you by the hotel’s Les Clefs d’Or (Golden Keys) certified Concierge to witness the best of the capital – historical monuments, places of interest, popular recreational hubs etc.
· The Chef’s Studio: The Chef’s Studio combines the finesse of fine dining with our signature personalized service. A by appointment- only space located at the heart of the hotel, the studio offers a custom-made experience with fine attention to detail. The en-suite studio kitchen gives an opportunity to interact with your private chef. An elegant dining area with Versace-Rosenthal dinnerware, Ercuis cutlery, Riedel glassware and Limoges porcelain elevate the luxury quotient. A custom-made menu complemented with fine wines creates an unmatched dining experience.
· Private Dining Experiences: We offer private dining in mesmeric settings, with handcrafted menus and impeccable service. Engage all your senses with these intricately curated experiences. A personal butler to indulge you with impeccable service and a handcrafted menu created by our culinary experts paired with Champagne and vino from our cellar create an unparalleled experience.
· Pizza-Making at Capital Kitchen for Kids and Juniors: Kids can don the chef’s toque at Capital Kitchen and unwind with a fun-filled pizza making session. From preparing the pizza dough to learning the best way to create the most delicious pizzas with their favorite toppings, the interactive session is the perfect way to keep young ones busy. Followed by a sumptuous lunch featuring children’s favorites.
· Art of Mixology by Joel Scholtens Lindsay: A unique experience at the award-winning Blue Bar with our liquid chef from Down Under, Joel Scholtens Lindsay. Having travelled far and wide, Joel hails from Australia’s idyllic East Coast. Having travelled extensively across the globe, Joel’s liquid symphonies stand testament to his prolific knowledge and experience. Learn the art of mixology from the master himself as he takes you through an array of both classic and contemporary concoctions. While you understand the nuances of bartending and mixology, this tutorial gets you behind the bar with Joel as he allows you to experiment and concoct your own signature liquid creations.
· Sushupti at Jiva Spa: An indulgent two-hour treatment for deep relaxation and glowing skin, Sushupti commences with an aromatic foot-bath and pampers you with the richness of natural blend of 22 herbs, green gram flour, honey and fresh cream. A heavenly scalp massage calms your mind as a warm bath of nourishing raw milk, enhanced with rose essence and rose petals washes away the traces of the wrap. Complete your experience with a face massage leaving you languid and thoroughly pampered from head to toe.
· Special Measures For Air Quality Control: A highly specialized electronic air filtration system helps maintain the air quality in the hotel, as per the national ambient air quality standard, so that you breathe the cleanest air.
· Located at the heart of the city, the hotel enjoys close proximity with historical places of interest, shopping and retail hotspots and popular dining hubs
· It is the only urban hotel that boasts of lush nine-hole putting green for a quick round of golf.
· Sustainability remains at the core of our operations at Taj Palace, New Delhi and as the capital’s landmark hotel, it is our constant endeavour to contribute to the cause of the environment and our community through sustainable hospitality practices.
We have Redge Cards for Children and other following facilities: Drawing Books, Story Books, Coloured Pens, Soft Toys.
The hotel, located in the prestigious Lutyen’s Delhi has been declared as a ‘Safe Environment Zone’, surrounded only by bungalows and offices belonging to the Government of India. Airspace over Taj Palace Hotel falls under the restricted zone. 80% inventory of the hotel is renovated and brand new. The Taj Palace boasts of 10 halls and 02 open spaces served as the venues for its Banquets and Conferences. Other facilities at the hotel are wireless (Wi-Fi) internet access, 24-hour room service, express laundry/dry cleaning, travel assistance, car hire service, swimming pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, currency exchange, fully equipped business centre with video-conferencing, workstations, laptops on hire, secretarial services and meeting rooms. To look after your business needs promptly and efficiently, the hotel has a fully equipped business centre with an office and 3 meeting rooms. The hotel is security cleared by the Ministry of External Affairs, Diplomatic Missions and other Important Government Bodies.
Inspired by the magnificence of Mughal Architecture, the rooms at Taj Palace, New Delhi reflect warmth and elegance. With breathtaking views of the protected forest greens of the capital, the 403 rooms, including
40 suites offer an array of accommodations for our guests. Reflecting warmth and luxurious conveniences, every room is a study in taste and discernment and comes with attentive and impeccable service.Rooms offer a breathtaking view of the ridge, a lush expanse of trees or a refreshing view of the swimming pool.
TATA Suite – Grand Presidential: A tribute to our founder, the Tata Suite is a symbol of Indian hospitality. Spread over 7,500 square feet, it offers a fusion of superlative service and contemporary luxury embellished in an ambience of stateliness. It encompasses elements of contemporary design and decorative accent from Mughal heritage. It remains the preferred residence for Heads of States and celebrities.
Presidential Suite: Spread over 3,500 square feet, the Presidential Suite at Taj Palace, New Delhi is a vast expanse of luxury and comfort decked in rich taupe tones with exotic zebrawood and ebony accents. An opulent palette of fabrics adds polish and grace to the truly exclusive interiors. The overall effect is handsome and contemporary, with subtle decorative accents of Mughal Delhi.
Garden Presidential Suites: The Garden Presidential Suites offer an exclusive experience of a private terrace garden along with an exquisitely designed living room and two luxurious bedrooms. The rich interiors boast of antique Mughal-era inspired wooden carvings, panels and floral motifs. Taj Club benefits and round-the-clock butler service augment the experience.
Garden Luxury Suites: The Luxury Suites with garden offer you the exclusive experience of having a private garden attached to the living room while on the first floor of the hotel. The interiors boast of mellow
interiors, rust drapes and floral motifs. Choose from ethnic or contemporary designs as per your mood and preference.
Luxury Suites: The combination of wooden panels and marble, decadent silk furnishings and fine carpeting give the Luxury Suites a relaxed and sophisticated ambience. Paired with the benefits of Taj Club, these suites are ideal for the modern traveller.
Taj Club Suites: Located on the higher floors of the hotel the Taj Club Suites exemplify style and opulence. Rich palettes of fabrics combine with the warmth of walnut veneers, Mughal-era inspired jali work and dark Italian marble to create a truly sophisticated interior. With discerning butler service and exclusive Taj Club benefits, these are ideal for the modern traveller.
Executive Suites: With soft touches inspired by the Mughal era, the Executive Suites feature a spacious living room and a well-appointed bedroom with modern amenities.
Taj Club Rooms: Perched on the top floors of the hotel, our signature Taj Club rooms offer impeccable service with fine attention to detail. Guests in these rooms can avail of special benefits such as access to the exclusive Taj Club lounge, round-the-clock butler service, one-way airport transfer, and evening cocktail hours at the lounge.
Luxury Rooms: With warm undertones and elegant design elements, Luxury Rooms are well-appointed with modern amenities and facilities. These rooms feature carved wooden panels, and rich tapestry conveying Indian luxury. The interiors are inspired by architecture from the Mughal era and the rooms are adorned with master art pieces.
Deluxe Room: The well-appointed Deluxe Rooms are adorned with textured art, Mughal-era inspired jali work and elegant Indian motifs. You are treated to views of the protected greens, the serene swimming pool.
Superior Room: Elegantly designed, the Superior Rooms offer modern day comforts and idyllic views of the city or the pool.
TAJ CLUB – EXCLUSIVELY FOR RESIDENTS OF TAJ CLUB ROOMS & SUITES
Our legendary hospitality comes from a century of practice and the utmost focus on you. At Taj Palace, our personalised butler service and special privileges for Taj Club rooms and suites, guarantee you the finest experience.
· Exclusive continental breakfast at the Taj Club Lounge
· Complimentary Wi-Fi internet for up to four devices
· One-way airport transfer by a luxury sedan
· Round-the-clock butler service
· Special access to the Taj Club lounge
· Evening cocktail hours with hors d’oeuvres at the Taj Club Lounge
· Tea and coffee at the Taj Club Lounge throughout the day
· Early check-in at 0900 hrs and late check-out at 1800 hrs, subject to availability
Restaurants & bars
36 YEARS OF CULINARY EXCELLENCE
Taj Palace is home to the country’s much-feted multi-award-winning culinary experiences. From European to Indian, the hotel offers an array of restaurants that serve authentic cuisines with impeccable flair.
· Orient Express: Inspired by the legendary long-distance train which ran from Paris to Istanbul until 1977, the Orient Express has been New Delhi’s most celebrated fine-dining restaurant since 1982 and represents a dining experience that is like no other. A Rocheston Distinguished Restaurant awardee, the 36-year old culinary institution is one of the capital’s finest. The legendary train that was known for its gastronomic experiences, is the inspiration behind this award-winning restaurant which recreates a carriage of the train and the ambience of a historic era, focusing on the finest European fare. Paired with impeccable service and a selection of premium vintage wines, the entire experience at the Orient Express is one-of-its-kind.
· Spicy Duck: Spicy Duck as the name suggests, gains inspiration from the Duck that signifies freedom, happiness and fidelity in China. The cuisine reflects the specialties of the Sichuan and Canton provinces of China. The restaurant captures the contemporary vibrancy of the space combined with authenticity at the heart of its cuisine.
· Masala Art: Experience the intricate nuances of the finest Indian culinary offerings at Masala Art. Freshly ground spices, perfectly roasted breads and authentic delicacies prepared live at our show kitchens, ensure that you have a splendid North Indian meal. A glass of fresh sugarcane juice complements the cuisine, giving that unmistakable traditional touch. Talking of ingenuity, here you can actually see your meals being cooked by the chef at a live counter and interact with him.
· Capital Kitchen: The city’s favorite all-day dining destination, Capital Kitchen invokes a sense of nostalgia and timelessness, with decadent creations of Indian, European and Asian cuisines prepared at theatre kitchens. The restaurant embraces notes of a relaxed and tranquil environment with warm service.
· The Blue Bar: As one of the capital’s finest, The Blue Bar boasts of an exclusive selection of premium vintages, spirits and beers. World famous bartender, Joel Scholtens’ cocktail menu with South East Asian inspired infusions creates a dazzling experience. The high energy vibe of the bar indoors and alfresco overlooking the putting greens and swimming pool create an unmatched nightlife experience.
· The Tea Lounge: Experience traditional English high tea at The Tea Lounge. With over 90 varieties of single estate teas and over 14 different single origin coffees, this lounge allows you to indulge in English High Tea, the truly elegant way. Pair your brew with an array of savories and exquisite patisserie handcrafted fresh every day by our Master Patissière.
· Jiva Spa
The Jiva Spa at Taj Palace, New Delhi is the capital city’s finest holistic wellness destination. Spread over a sprawling 13,000 square feet, it embraces a host of treatment rooms, a yoga studio, vitality pools, a well-appointed fitness centre and a salon. With a philosophy that is deeply rooted in Indian healing traditions wisdom, it brings deep understanding of the body, mind and soul into its offerings along with the comforts of a modern luxury spa experience.
The philosophy of Jiva Spa is inherently rooted in India’s ancient approach to wellness. Inspired by traditional Indian healing wisdom, it is believes that the spa unfolds a holistic path of life that opens out channels to nurture one’s life force. The ethos of Jiva’s carefully recreated treatments is drawn on the rich and ancient wellness heritage of India, the fabled lifestyle and culture of Indian royalty and the healing therapies that embrace Indian spirituality. The spa experiences and rituals are offered by trained experts, using exclusive natural products in a fresh and harmonious design setting. Single spa suites, a couple spa suite, a relaxation area, yoga studio, extensive wet areas, a halo-therapy room, a unisex salon and a gymnasium – all come together to ensure that one’s revival is complete in the true sense of being. Jiva unfolds a refreshing idiom of spa design in keeping with Vastushastra, the ancient science of space planning that emanates a harmonious balance of energy, drawing inspiration from nature and organic finishes. The design is simplistic, yet luxurious, allowing you to indulge your senses in the ambience created by the fragrances and sounds that are unique to the brand.
· 24×7 Fitness Centre
The fitness area is spread over 1700 square feet comprising of the gymnasium and studio room. The gymnasium has specialized sections for cardio, strength, free weights and functional training exercises and includes equipment like treadmills, cross trainers, recumbent & upright bikes to name a few. The studio section equipped with exercise, Swiss and medicine balls along with therabands and exercise mats is dedicated for yoga, aerobics, and general stretching.
· Treatment rooms – Individual and couple
· Temperature controlled outdoor swimming pool
· Nine-hole putting greens
· Salt room for Halotherapy
· Vitality Pools
· Experiential showers
Taj Khazana represents the best of India – lifestyle, art, fashion and jewellery. The literal meaning of Khazana is a treasure trove and this is reflected in the eclectic array of carefully curated products at the store. It is a collection of living traditions that have been nurtured in the interiors of India for centuries and expresses the creativity of its people communities. Be it traditional sarees, exquisite jewellery, handicrafts and artefacts in the form of textile, paper, and metal, stone or wood – beauty in all its forms, is celebrated here.
Corporate and celebration events
• HT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
• IDFC – FINANCE
• DELHI COUTURE WEEK
• BRICS SUMMIT
• ASEAN SUMMIT
• WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
• HT LEADERSHIP
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• EarthCheck Gold certified
• South Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel – South Asian Travel Awards 2019
• India’s Leading Luxury Hotel – South Asian Travel Awards 2019
• India’s Leading Food and Beverage Hotel – South Asian Travel Awards
• Travel+Leisure 2018: World’s Top 20 City Hotels
• Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards 2017: 50 Best Hotels of the World & Top 20 Hotels in India
• CNN International 2017: 30 of the World’s Best Bars – The Blue Bar
• World Travel Brands 2016: Best Luxury Business Hotel Delhi NCR
• TTG Travel Awards 2015: Best City Hotel, New Delhi
• Travel+Leisure 2015: 500 World’s Best Hotels – Asia
• Travel+Leisure World’s Best Hotels Awards 2014: Asia’s Best City Hotels<
• Gallivanter’s Guide 2014: Special Feature
• Rocheston Accreditation Institute, New York: Distinguished Restaurant – Orient Express
• Awarded Worlds Best Business Hotels- Travel+Leisure USA Readers Poll 2013
• Awarded Worlds Best for Service – Travel+Leisure USA Readers Poll 2013
• Awarded ASEAN Summit Hotel- Heads of States Summit 2012
• Top 10 hotels in India – Conde Nast traveller USA Reader’s Choice Awards 2012
• Taj Palace, New Delhi has been awarded the Best City Hotel in New Delhi- TTG Travels Awards 2012
Number of employees