The Dwarika’s Hotel, Kathmandu, Nepal
The Dwarika’s Hotel
The Dwarika’s Group of Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mrs. Sangita Shrestha Einhaus, Owner, Managing Director and developer of Dwarika’s Group of Hotels and
Resorts, Industry leaders in Nepal
Mr. Rene Vijay Shrestha Einhaus, Owner, Executive Director and developer of Dwarika’s Group of Hotels and
Resorts, Industry leaders in Nepal
5-star Heritage Boutique Hotel
Creating authentic experiences highlighting the uniqueness and beauty of Nepal
THE DWARIKA’S HOTEL
History & Story
Established in 1972, the Dwarika’s Hotel, following the philosophy of preservation, restoration and revival, is a monument to Nepal’s historic, cultural and architectural heritage. The idea of preserving carved wood was born in 1952 when late Mr. Dwarika Das Shrestha came across some carpenters sawing off an intricately carved wood for firewood. Witnessing this destruction of art prompted Mr. Shrestha to rescue the wooden pieces, to preserve them. Following on his footsteps the Dwarika’s Hotel has been rescuing and preserving wooden masterpieces and incorporating them into the hotel’s architecture from the day of its inception. The wooden master pieces in display at the hotel are from the 13th to 18th centuries and each of the pieces has its own history.
Most recent renovation/refurbishment was done in 2016/ 2017 for Lumbini block.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Preservation, restoration and revival of centuries old carved wooden artefacts through sustainable heritage conservation. Staying at the Dwarika’s Kathmandu is to experience true Nepali hospitality and culture. The hotel upholds the Nepali values of respect and sincerity towards guests, combined with the natural warmth of the Nepali people.
The Dwarika’s Hotel, Kathmandu, is located at about 2 km from Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. Its neighbourhood consists if the famous hindu temple of Pashupatinath (an UNESCO World Heritage site), which is about 15 minutes’ walk from the hotel. The hotel is also close to Boudhanath Stupa, also an UNESCO World Heritage site, which is about 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel. As the hotel is located close to the business centre of New Baneshwor, banking and other services are easily available with most of Nepal’s national banks having its branch / ATM outlets around the area.
Key sites/activities in the area
Sightseeing in Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath stupa along with the three historic Durbar Squares within
Kathmandu valley. Guests can also enjoy a fun evening out in Thamel, around 15 minutes drive from the hotel, as most of the restaurants and bars have live band performances.
The carved wooden art pieces incorporated in the hotel’s architecture are all original masterpieces, from the family collection started by the founder Mr. Dwarika Das Shrestha, with some of them dating as far back as the 13th century. The hotel displays one of the largest private wooden art collection in the world. The interiors and exteriors of the hotel also displays authentic terracota artwork.
Children friendly & no age restriction
- Number of suites:
– 43 Junior suite: 55 to 65 sq. meters; Courtyard and/or Swimming pool view; Spacious bathroom with Natural/ Himalayan bathroom amenities; Complementary high speed Wi-Fi Internet; Walk-in shower and bath tub; In-room safe; Daily fruit platter; Daily freshly baked cookies; Daily fresh flowers; Mini-bar; Hair dryer; Fresh herbal tea; French press coffee; DVD home theatre; Toiletries
– 5 Executive suite: 130 to 140 sq. meters; Spacious bathroom with Natural/ Himalayan bathroom amenities; Complementary high speed Wi-Fi Internet; In-room safe; A glass of wine/champagne of choice on arrival; Daily fruit platter; Daily freshly baked cookies; Daily fresh flowers; Secretarial service station; Fresh herbal tea; French press coffee; Personalized bathrobe; Complimentary mini-bar; DVD home theatre; Toiletries
– 1 Royal suite: 250sq. meters; 24 hours personal host/hostess; Personal terrace with view of the surrounding valley; Spacious bathroom with Natural/ Himalayan bathroom amenities; Complementary high speed Wi-Fi Internet; In-room safe; 24 hours in-room dining; A Bottle of wine/champagne of choice with peanuts and dry fruits; Daily morning local newspaper delivery; Daily fruit platter (upon arrival and replenished as per needs); A platter of traditional Nepali canapés (assorted Nepali snacks); Daily fresh flowers (upon arrival and replenished as per needs); Separate dining area; Personalized bathrobes; Fresh herbal tea; French press coffee; Complimentary mini-bar; DVD home theatre; Toiletries; Reception area on 1st floor that can be provided with secretarial service, fax and desktop.
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 83 rooms (34 Heritage Deluxe Rooms, 43 Junior suite, 5 Executive suite and 1 Royal suite)
Restaurants & Bars
- Krishnarpan: 120 pax, authentic Nepali cuisine, gourmet
- Toran: 104 pax, multi-cuisine; gourmet
- Mako’s : 30 pax, Japanese cuisine, gourmet
- Fusion Bar
We offer BB basis only, other plans on individual request basis
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Pancha Kosha Himalayan Spa
- Fitness center (Gym)
Corporate & Celebration Events
- Lohn Hiti (Conference Room), 134 sq. m, max 80 to 90 pax, all facilities covering conferences
- Tara Lounge (for private meetings) 77 sq. m, max 20 pax
Number of employees