The Opposite House Greater China
The Opposite House
Building 1, Taikoo Li Sanlitun North, No 11 Sanlitun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mark Passmore, Area General Manager. An energetic, pro-active and performance oriented senior manager with the necessary drive and determination to excel in a demanding multi-faceted role, excelling in ultra luxury and boutique establishments.
Luxury Boutique Hotel
THE OPPOSITE HOUSE
History & Story
The Opposite House is an intriguing urban hotel designed by eminent Japanese architect, Kengo Kuma. Its contemporary style and abundant space perfectly complement the refreshingly individual service. All of which go towards making this hotel a relaxing and unique experience.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Uncluttered and contemporary, yet with subtle touches of traditional Chinese decor, each studio and suite are designed to provide a sense of space, warmth and above all, comfort. All rooms come with natural wooden floors, king size bed and the most luxurious spa inspired bathrooms.
Conveniently located in the cosmopolitan district of Sanlitun, the hotel is just 30 minutes from the airport and close to the centra business district and embassies. It is also a central feature of Beijing’s most exciting and innovative open-plan development – Taikoo Li Sanlitun where fashion mixes with dining, arts, and entertainment.
Key sites/activities in the area
Taikoo Li Sanlitun — Taking inspiration from the hutongs, courtyards, and alleyways of Beijing’s past and mixing it with its more worldly cosmopolitan present, Taikoo Li Sanlitun offers more than 200 shops, plus cafes, restaurants and bars, an 8-screen MEGABOX cinema, a unique cultural entertainment space, The Orange, and parking for more than 880 cars.
A 22-meter stainless steel swimming pool and advance gym equipment provide one-of-a-kind workout experience. Flexible check-in/check-out times, subject to availability.
Studio 45: 43 rooms including one accessible
Studio 70: 46
Studio 95: 7
Studio 115: 2
• Complimentary wireless Internet
• Complimentary mini-bar
• Luxury down bedding by Ploh
• Exclusive toiletries and premium bath essentials by Appelles
• LCD TV, VGA connection, and Denon in-room entertainment
• Spa-inspired bathroom with rain shower, deep soaking oak tub
• Mood lighting system
• French press coffee
• Nespresso coffee machine in Studio 95 and above
Restaurants & Bars
Sureño — A wood-fired oven and open kitchen evoke the casual style of the Mediterranean with menus drawing on the freshest ingredients of Southern Europe
Jing Yaa Tang — A restaurant concept that celebrates Beijing roast duck at its heart with a menu extending to a wide range of favorite dishes from different regions across China.
Village Café — A spacious and naturally lit setting, offering casual dining throughout the day with contemporary interpretation of international favorites.
Mesh — A cool, contemporary lounge catering to sophisticated tastes with an impressive wine list and equally inspiring cocktails.
• Swimming pool
• Gym center
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Green Room
Extra Notable Features
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
•Conde Nast Traveller Gold List – The Opposite House
• Conde Nast Traveller Reader’s Choice – The Opposite House
• The Beijinger Best New Chinese Restaurant – Jing Yaa Tang
• Time Out Beijing Merit Best Cafe – Village Cafe
• Time Out Beijing Merit Best International Hotel Dining – Sureño
• Voyage Gourmet Gold List Most Elegant Chinese Restaurant – Jing Yaa Tang
• The Beijinger Outstanding Hotel Bar – Mesh
• City Weekend Beijing Best Hotel Dining
• City Weekend Beijing Best Chinese Hotel Restaurant of the Year – Jing Yaa Tang
• City Weekend Beijing Best New Restaurant – Jing Yaa Tang
• Smart Travel Asia Best Leisure Hotel in Asia – The Opposite House
• TARGET Best Chinese Restaurant – Jing Yaa Tang
• That’s Beijing Best Al Fresco Dining – Sureño
• Time Out Beijing Best Mediterranean Restaurant – Sureño
• Lifestyle Weekly Best Mediterranean Restaurant – Sureño
• City Weekend Beijing Best Hotel Dining – The Opposite House
• La Vie 100 Best Hotels in China – The Opposite House
• Voyage Best Design Hotel
• Conde Nast Traveller Gold List Best for Food – The Opposite House
• CNNgo.com Beijing Best Hotels – The Opposite House
• City Weekend Best Hotel Dining – The Opposite House
• The Beijinger Best Italian – Sureño
• Architectural Records Best Interior – The Opposite House
• Smart Travel Asia Top 25 Hotel List – The Opposite House
• Travel Plus Best Design Hotel – The Opposite House
• Voyage Best Western Cuisine – Sureño
• Travel & Leisure Best Design Hotel – The Opposite House
Number of employees