THE ULTIMATE TRAVELLING CAMP
The Ultimate Travelling Camp
Registered Office: Suite No. 32 – 33, 3rd Floor, Indra Palace, H Block, Connaught Circus,
New Delhi -110001
THE ULTIMATE TRAVELLING CAMP
Private Limited Company
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Ravi Kumar – General Manager at The Ultimate Travelling Camp
Ravi has over 24 years of work experience in the hospitality industry and has played key roles in Svelte Hotel and Personal Suites, Radisson Jass Shimla by Carlson & The Oberoi Group prior to joining TUTC
First luxury nomadic camp in India. More than just a campsite, we provide an experience. The best accommodation in offbeat destinations providing lifestyle escapades. Culturally oriented, seasonal camps. Community participation for sustainable tourism.
THE ULTIMATE TRAVELLING CAMP
History & Story
The Ultimate Travelling Camp (TUTC) is known to have pioneered the concept of ‘Glamping’ in India.
The idea behind introducing India’s first luxury mobile tents was to offer ‘evolved travelers’ a seamless blend between the pleasures of being close to nature or having unique travel experiences in carefully selected exceptional locations in the mountains, deserts, jungles and unexplored countryside. To take travellers beyond sightseeing and allow them to explore new cultures, interact with the local people, their traditions and overall way of life.
Ms Dhun Cordo is the designer and she upgrades TUTC’s look every 2 years
Main Strengths, Special Touch
TUTC operates in undiscovered regions of India and define the beautiful coexistence between Luxury and Nature, and are designed in such a way that they actively promote green, eco-friendly, responsible tourism whilst providing local employment and stimulating the local economy.
Our Luxurious camp in Thiksey and Diskit, Ladakh promises guests a breath-taking journey in the – Land of Lamas and celebrates the various aspects of the Ladakhi and Buddhist way of Life, with a right mix of luxury.
Our Kohima Camps in Nagaland coincides with ten days Hornbill Festival, an annual mélange of cultural displays from all 16 tribes of Nagaland, showcasing their rich heritage in this colourful pageant.
Name: Chamba Camp, Thiksey
Physical Address: Ki Ki Naga, Near Govt. High School, Thiksey, Leh – Manali Road, Leh (Ladakh), Jammu & Kashmir, India – 194 201
Name: Chamba Camp, Diskit
Physical Address: Diskit Tsokra, P.O. Diskit, Nubra, Jammu & Kashmir, India – 194 401
Name: Kohima Camp, Nagaland
Physical Address: Tekweuju, Above Japfu Christian College, Kigwema, Nagaland, India – 797001
Key sites/activities in the area
Chamba Camp Thiksey Activities:
• Experiential forays into ancient secrets of monasteries and Palaces
• Exploratory walks into picturesque villages
• Cycling down the world’s 4th highest mountain pass – Wari La
• Rafting down the primeval River Indus
• Séance with the village Oracle
• Morning Buddhist prayers at Thiksey monastery
• Rediscovering songs and dance of Ladakh with our cultural troupe – Zybro
• Heritage walk through the bylanes of the old cities
• Be a part of Royal Sport of Polo
• Day drives to enchanting places like Alchi, Pangong, Tso Moriri etc
Chamba Camp Diskit Activities:
• Well curated village walks
• Exploratory cycling tours
• Dates on the dunes
• Day drives to Turtuk, Samsthaling and Sumur
• Diskit Gompa
• Bactrian camel ride in the sand dunes at Hunder
• Experiential village hikes in and around the hamlet of farmland visits Diskit
Kohima Camp Nagaland Activities:
• VIP Car Pass for the Hornbill Festival including musical nights , fashion show , choral music , rally point etc
• Well curated village walks to tribal villages
• Interaction with tribal elders
• Traditional games and food tasting
• Local sightseeing to places like the Local bazaar visit , Kohima War Cemetery , Jhakama, Khonoma, Kigwema
• Experience the living tribal legacy at the Hornbill Festival, Kisama
• Ladakh lies in the trans-Himalaya region where the Himalayas meet the Tibeten plateau
• Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport Leh, is one of the highest commercial airports in the world at 3,256 m (10,682 ft)
• One of our experiences is Wari La : Ride With the Wind. Wari La is the world’s fourth highest mountain pass at 5,312m (17,427 ft) and is located just 54 kms (2 drive time) from Chamba Camp, Thiksey. After driving to the top and exploring the place we drive down to our hidden lunch spot at almost 5,100 mtrs where our chef prepares a special menu for the guests
1. Rock climbing: Learn the techniques of rock climbing at an indoor studio in Leh. Guests can also go to a nearby mountaineering spot (Shey) where they can try out the new skill, under the supervision of an instructor.
2. Rafting: Young guests can opt for a short course (over a period of 2-4 days) and enjoy and learn how to Kayak on gentle stretches at different spots on the Indus.
3. Cycling: Spituk to Hemis, via Palam is a least busy route and safe for young guests to enjoy a short cycling tour.
INTERACTIVE/LEARNING AND EXPERIENCE BASED ACTIVITIES
1. Learn to make Ladakhi butter tea in the monastery kitchen: Guests can learn the art of making butter tea from monks in the monastery kitchen which is served to monks during the Morning Prayer. The young guests will start their day early and learn everything from making fire in the huge hearth to boiling tea in big monastic pots to churning the tea. They can even help the monks serve it to the monks while they are engaged in chanting and meditation in the assembly hall. They can then spend some time with the monks in the prayer hall. This activity will acquaint the guests to a monastic way of life.
2. Field trip to a local house: Young guests will be taken to a local house nearby. This will give them the chance to see a local house set up and the different activities that take place on a usual summer day. Guests can help the lady of the house in the vegetable garden, help her water the fields or even weed the fields.
3. Learning Tibetan Calligraphy: A workshop on Tibetan calligraphy with a monk in the Monastery or with an artist to help acquire basic strokes of Tibetan Calligraphy.
• Number of suites:
Chamba Camp Thiksey: 11 Luxury Suite Tents (420 sq ft each) & 03 Presidential Suite Tents (520 sq ft each)
Chamba Camp Diskit : 8 Luxury Suite Tents (520 sq ft each)
Kohima Camp Nagaland : 12 Luxury Suite Tents (520 sq ft each)
Each Tent has a private deck, refreshment snack drawer, Large netted windows, Writing desk with in house stationery, Designer Crisp linen, Menu of pillows, Large wardrobes with electronic safe, En-suite bathroom with shower cubicle, Running hot and cold water, Hair dryer and shaver socket, Specially designed Ayurvedic toiletries, Laundry service, Personalized butler services
Restaurants & Bars
Our dining tent interiors are infused with colonial furniture, antique artifacts. Alfresco private venue dining options are available on chargeable basis. We encourage our guests to enjoy meals spread in and around our camp locations
Dining dress code is always elegant casuals. We also provide our guests with woolen ponchos as temperatures tend to dip once the sun is down.
We have got multi skilled Chefs and serve multi cuisine dishes as well as local cuisine with emphasis on organic produce. Indian, contemporary European, regional and local cuisine with special emphasis on dietary requirements (gluten free, lactose free, food allergies, kids menu etc.)
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
Experiences organised at Chamba Chamba Thiksey: Nunnery Walk, Archery, Culinary Classes, Thiksey village walk, Birding, Indus River Rafting, Zanskar River Rafting, Leh City Walk, Pangong Tso – The Enchanted Lake Visit, Tso Kar – The Whie Lake Visit, Polo, Wari La (Mountain Pass) Hike, Séance with the Oracle, Wari La (Mountain Pass) Dining Experience, Igoo Day Hike, Matho village walk, Matho Day Hike, Stok Day Hike
Experiences organised at Chamba Camp Diskit: Kalon Farm Experience, Shyok River Rafting, Turtuk, Diskit Monastery Hike
Hotel and restaurant Awards
1. World Travel Awards – Asia’s Leading Luxury Camping Company 2016:
2. Outlook Traveller Best Boutique Hotel Award 2016
3. TTJ Award – Innovative Edge in promoting Offbeat Destination in India
1. PATA Gold Awards 2015: Heritage – Culture
2. PATA Gold Awards 2015 : Consumer Travel Brochure
3. Robb Report – Winner of Best of the Best 2015
4. CNBC Awaaz Award 2015 – Emerging Trends in Tourism
5. West India Travel Award 2015
Number of employees