The Upper House Hong Kong, Greater China
The Upper House
Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty Hong Kong
Date of Creation
02 October, 2009
Hotel General Manager
5 star luxury & design hotel
THE UPPER HOUSE
History & Story
The Upper House is a highly individualised small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. He seeks to redefine the concept of new-luxury by creating a ‘haven of calm and quiet taste.
The name « The Upper House » is derived from the design philosophy of an upward journey from Queensway towards Pacific Place, elevating to a serene house above the bustling city.
The Upper House is a unique hotel. Always relaxed and never stuffy, we like to see it as a home away from home, a different experience for the discerning travelle. It is a place where we appreciate that each of our guests has.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Location : Above Pacific Place, conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong’s business district.
• Personal touch : Our Guest Experience team is here to offer personalised service.
• Room : Largest studio rooms in town with minimnum room size 730 sq ft/ 68 sq m. Our rooms starts from L38, feature substantial window with scenic harbour or island views
• Features : Complimentary in-room maxi bar, internet access, IPTV
• Environmental Initiatives :The Upper House is a smoke-free hotel, all our 117 hotel rooms are non-smoking room. Paperless Arrival and departure experience
The hotel sits above Pacific Place, Hong Kong’s premier integrated commercial, retail and hospitality complex. Conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong’s business district, the hotel is just 40 minutes away from the airport and within walking distance of many tourist attractions. Admiralty MTR, buses routes and other transportation are all close by.
Key sites/activities in the area
It is where Hong Kong meets, shops, socialises, dines, works, networks and relaxes. At the very heart of Hong Kong Island, looking out towards the harbour and backed by the Hong Kong Park
An outdoor secret garden The Lawn on level 6 to enjoy cocktails or garden snacks in lush green surroundings, for a relaxing respite under Hong Kong skyline. A warm and inviting Sky Lounge featuring a central fireplace is open day and night on level 49.
The Upper House is a highly individualised small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu.
The hotel’s 117 rooms, all featuring scenic harbour or island views, including 21 suites and 2 penthouses, begin at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong.
The Upper House is designed to accommodate the needs of discerning business travelers and at the same time offers outstanding value. Our services include:
• All our guestrooms are smoke-free
• Paperless arrival and departure experience
• Welcome tea upon arrival
• Complimentary Maxi-bar (Beer, soft drinks, minerals and snack items)
• Dual temperature wine fridge with global wine program
• Espresso machine and selection of teas and infusions
• Luxury down bedding
• Shoe shine service
• Spacious bathrooms with TV, dressing area, walk-in rain shower and limestone clad bath
• LCD TV with 2.1 surround sound and simple connectivity for PC, Camcorder and MP3
• IPTV – complimentary international blockbusters, music and other useful information for guests
• Complimentary wired and wireless high speed internet access
• Complimentary local phone calls
• Special access rooms available
• Secluded lawn space for hotel guests and private events
• Café Gray Deluxe – a 21st Century Grand Café, open all day every day
• Access to Fitness area – well equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipment
• Efficient & Friendly ‘One Stop’ Guest Experience team
• Earning 500 Asia Miles per stay
Restaurants & Bars
Café Gray Deluxe
A 21st century ‘grand café’ located on level 49 overlooking Victoria Harbour, marks the return of celebrated chef Gray Kunz to Hong Kong with his unique style of European classics and signature dishes from a lifetime leading the very finest kitchens in Europe, Asia and America. The vibrant restaurant is highlighted by a 14 metre long open kitchen and equally long bar.
Cafe Gray Bar :
With a unique blended cocktail in hand, our seductive city bar and lounge is the perfect place to watch the sun disappear behind Hong Kong outlying islands. The bar offers a balance of semi- private and comfortable lounging areas.
24-hour Gym Room
Well- equipped with cardiovascular and weight training equipment from Precor and Keiser
Corporate & Celebration Events
Extra Notable Features
Every Saturday and Sunday morning, we offer a complimentary morning yoga session on The Lawn
To bike around the town, we have 2 bicycles ready for use on complimentary basis
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Hong Kong Tatler Best Restaurants
– Top 20 Best Restaurant for Cafe Gray Deluxe
– Yvonne Cheung at Cafe Gray Deluxe – Best Sommelier
• Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice® awards 2014
– #2 Top Hotels in The World
– #1 Top Hotels in Asia and China
• Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Choice Awards 2014
Top 25 Hotels in Asia
Best bars with a view
Number of employees