Amanera Dominican Republic
Auto. 5 Carretera Rio San Juan
Cabrera, Rio San Juan
Dominican Republic C.P. 33300
Date of Creation
February 15, 2016
Hotel General Manager
Introduce the newest Aman in the Caribbean and the first integrated Aman with a Golf Course. Foster Tourism in the North Coast.
History & Story
Amanera derives its name from the word aman meaning ‘peace’ in Sanskrit and ‘era’ the word for ‘water’ in Taino, historically spoken by the indigenous people of the Caribbean. Water is omnipresent and intrinsic in the design of AMANERA, which comprises 25 Casitas.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Playa Grande is Aman’s first fully-integrated golf course
- Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr.
- 7,085-yard course spread over 370 acres of coastline
- 10 holes played directly on ocean cliffs
Nestled within more than 2,170 acres of pristine Caribbean jungle, Amanera overlooks the ocean from Playa Grande, whose golden sands make it one of the region’s most beautiful beaches.
- 60-minute drive from Puerto Plata Airport (POP)
Key sites/activities in the area
An idyllic base for discovering the treasures of the Dominican Republic’s north coast, Amanera’s adventures include kitesurfing, merengue dancing, deep-sea fishing and canyoning
Laguna Gri-Gri, Hiking, biking, water activities.
From February to April, enjoy the ocean antics of humpback whales on their annual migration past the Samaná Peninsula.
Amanera offers private tours and rum tastings at the world-renowned Ron Barcelo distillery in Santo Domingo.
Our Eco Casita includes family-friendly programs, exclusive kids’ activities, an activities booking area and space for outdoor discovery of the natural environment. It’s an educational centre focused on the natural environment of Playa Grande, Dominican Republic.
Every aspect of Amanera, including the Casitas, has been designed to maximise the property’s extraordinary views. Each of the one-bedroomed Casitas enjoys unobstructed ocean vistas from an expansive terrace, outdoor seating and lounging areas and through floor-to-ceiling windows from the spacious, high-ceilinged living and sleeping areas.
Ocean View Hill Casita-10
Ocean View Pool Casta 7
Bay View Pool Casita – 4
Amanera Casita -1
Bay View Casa -2 bedroom -1
Amenities in the casitas:
• All are Ocean front
• All Casitas surrounded by lush, tropical gardens
• 76m2 internal space, minimal obstruction from all angles by nature of the John Heah design
• 92m2 external covered terraces to enjoy the natural breeze in the shade, seating area is an extension of the living room but outdoors and covered, may also be used for private Casita dining
• External open air areas 67m2 for sunning
• Terrace with twin daybeds and two chaise lounges
• Bathroom with freestanding bathtub, twin vanities
• Walk in closet
• Skylights in bathroom and shower for added natural light
• Sliding wall allows for privacy or view of the ocean from the bathroom vanity area
• TV , safety box, Wifi and Mini Bar
Restaurants & Bars
Executive Chef- Antonio Tridenti
The Restaurant provides a choice indoor or outdoor dining settings. The indoor area is divided into two areas, one open to the breezes and the other air-conditioned, both maximizing the spectacular views of Playa Grande beach and the main swimming pool. The outdoor dining terrace, perfect for savouring the spectacular ocean views and enjoying the Caribbean trade winds, complements it. Serving classic continental fare with a light, modern touch. The menu showcases Caribbean and Italian gastronomy and Mediterranean-style seafood. Open from 7.00am until 10.30pm.
Club de Playa
Nestled on a private, sandy corner of Playa Grande, serving casual beach-style cuisine including pizzas, burgers, salads, local dishes and Mexican classics, complemented with a great cocktail list. Open from 11.00am until 5.00pm.
The Bar & Lounge: The bar is the ideal place to embrace the sea during the day and the perfect spot to soak in a Caribbean sunset.
Designed as a tranquil sanctuary, the Aman Spa will offer both single and double treatment rooms and will adopt a holistic approach to wellness through relaxation and movement. The extensive treatment menu will include massages, facials, scrubs and wraps, as well as a number of signature Spa Journeys tailored to individual needs. These will incorporate the Aman range of chemical-free products with a nod to traditional energy-based shamanic healing.
• Beauty and massage treatments
• Yoga and meditation sessions
• Fully equipped gym and personal training
• Tennis courts with a trained tennis pro
• Energy healing
• Nutrition & detox consultation
• Healthy eating programs
Main Pool is 40 mts long
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Exclusive hire of the hotel for a Wedding
• A dedicated team assists in venue selection and arrangement, timing, menus, the hiring of professionals for photography, videography, hair and make-up, and entertainment
• The resort be booked exclusively for an event
• Honeymoons at the resort can include private dinners for two, sunset strolls along the beach and spa treatments in Aman Spa’s double treatment rooms etc
Extra Notable Features
World class golf – 18 holes golf course
Designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr, and with 10 direct oceanfront holes (more than any other golf course in the western hemisphere) running alongside 20 m-high cliffs bordering the Atlantic Ocean
Tennis Courts – two clay Har-Tru courts
Casa del Tabaco
- Cigar lounge housed in the Casa Grande
- Tabacaleros (cigar master) rolls bespoke cigarillos.
- Housed in the Casa Grande – Offering a variety of local handicrafts, jewelry and art.
Number of employees