Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Km. 75.8, Carretera Urubamba-Ollantaytambo
Valle Sagrado, Cusco, Peru
Date of Creation
2014 the hotel was obtained by Belmond Hotels from Orient Express.
Hotel General Manager
5 Star Luxury Hotel.
BELMOND HOTEL RIO SAGRADO
History & Story
“When the Incas moved north of Cusco to the Urubamba Valley, they knew they had come across sacred land. With a rolling river mirroring the Milky Way, fertile soil, and a pleasant year-round climate, this land would become home to one of the world’s greatest civilizations. They left long ago, but the valley remains honored, seemingly untouched by the hands of modernity.
Last renewal 2014
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Intimate and tranquil setting (23 villas).
Personalized customer service.
Exclusive train station for guests.
Luxurious heated swimming pool and spa.
Set on the banks of the Sacred Urubamba River, in the shadow of the Andes, lies Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado
Key sites/activities in the area
1. Board the Belmond Hiram Bingham train from our private station to embark on the incredible adventure to Machu Picchu.
2. Feed baby alpacas every morning after breakfast
3. Reconnect with nature while practicing yoga next to the flowing Urubamba river.
4. Learn how to cook peruvian cuisine with the incredible view of the Sacred Valley.
5. Watch a classic below the stars while enjoying the breeze
6. Indulge in a lovely picnic rendezvouz surrounded by nature.
It’s the perfect place to start your Peruvian Adventure due to its low altitude.
We have multiple activities for the little ones including :
1. Alpaca feeding
2. Outdoor painting
• 10 Deluxe Terrace Room (452ft2) : Each of these vibrant rooms is unique and offers stunning views over the Urubamba River and across the Sacred Valley. Includes one king-size bed or tin double beds with a private terrace.
• 11 Garden junior suites (990ft2) – incredible, light filled spaces combine the essence and colours of Peru with indulgent, European minimalistic décor. Features one king size bed or twin queen size beds with large private terrace and garden.
• 1 Villa Capuli (2368ft2) – overlooking the Urubamba river this villa offers 3 bedrooms (one with twin beds, two with queen beds) and 3 ½ bathrooms, a dining room, living room with fireplace and full kitchen.
• 1 Villa orquidea (3,552 ft2) – Beautiful residence with 3 bedrooms (two with twin beds, one with a king size bed) and 3 bathrooms. Features a studio (loft space), a spacious covered terrace, dining room, living room with fireplace and full kitchen.
Restaurants & Bars
• El Huerto : Peruvian cuisine featuring organic vegetables, spices and fruits from the on-site garden; guests can
handpick ingredients for their meals. Indoor and outdoor seating
• El Jardín : Beneath a group of willow trees in the garden, just steps from the river, this is without doubt the most beautiful
spot in the Valley for a BBQ lunch
• El Huerto Bar : Just 20 meters from the Urubamba River, guests can relax with cocktails to the soothing sounds of the water.
• Unu Bar Located next to the pool, overlooking the mountains, this is the perfect place to enjoy delicious cocktails, snacks,
sandwiches, salads and desserts
• Swimming Pool
• Mayu Willka Spa
Corporate & Celebration Events
•capacity : Our hotel’s capacity can hold up to 400 guests for weddings, corportate party events in our gardens.
•main facilities : gardens, pool and spa
Extra Notable Features
• Train station
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
•TripAdvisor certificate of excellence
•Trip advisor travellers choice awards 2017 – Top 25 small hotels –south America #3 Top hotel.
•Condé Nast Traveler – Readers choice awards 2016- #10 in the « Top 15 hotels in south america
- Trip Advisor-Travellers’ choice awards 2016 – top 10 small hotels – peru – #3 top hotel.
- Trip advisor- Travellers’ choice awards 2016 – Top 25 small hotels – south america #10 top hotel.
Condé Nast traveler- reader’ Choice Awards 2015- #21 in the « Top 25 hotels in south america.
Trip advisor – travellers’ choice awards 2015-Top 10 small hotels – peru » Peru #2 top hotel.
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choise Awards 2015 – Top 25 hotels for roamance – Peru – #7 top hotel.
Condé Nast Traveler – Readers’ choice awards 2014- #2 in the Best hotels in central and south america.
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choice awards 2014- Top 10 small hotels in Peru #9 top hotel.
Number of employees