Belmond Miraflores Park
Belmond Miraflores Park
Av. Malecon de la Reserva 1035 Miraflores
Lima – Peru
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Thomas Moons, General Manager, Belmond Miraflores Park (from Jun 2016 –present)
Previously: General Manager at Belmond La Residence Phou Vao in Luang Prabang, Laos (From Feb 2015 to Jun 2016)
Resident Manager at Belmond La Residence d’Angkor in Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia (from Jul 2014 to Feb 2015)
5-star Luxury hotel; Belmond
Corporate development strategy
BELMOND MIRAFLORES PARK
History & Story
Belmond Miraflores Park opened its doors for the first time in 1999 as the first 5-star hotel in the city. Two years later, the hotel was sold to Orient-Express Ltd which added an extra touch of luxury to the beautiful original property.
Set in a verdant garden atop a towering cliff, Belmond Miraflores Park is a true urban sanctuary. The hotel takes its name from the well-heeled neighbourhood of Miraflores; a suburb of Lima loved by locals for its luxury shopping and blooming six-mile boardwalk that borders the Pacific. There’s a sophisticated Executive Lounge on the tenth floor in which you can while away those work hours in style. For those looking to kick-back and relax, the Zest Spa offers heavenly treatments that incorporate Peruvian products. Come evening guests ascend to the hotel’s rooftop for a sunset dip in our heated pool. In the intimacy of our Tragaluz restaurant you’ll feel like you’ve just discovered the wonders of ceviche for the very first time. Breakfast is best-enjoyed al fresco on a terrace on the eleventh floor.
The Hotel reopened in April 2014. The renovation included a fresh new look for guest rooms and a stylish new restaurant, Executive Lounge and bar. In 2016, 8 new suites were added to the collection.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• 89-suite hotel located in an exclusive residential area of Lima
• Suitable for business or leisure travellers
• Incredible Pacific Ocean views
• Tragaluz Restaurant serving international dishes with Mediterranean and Peruvian touches
• Zest Spa, executive lounge, gym and swimming pool
Miraflores, a residential and fashionable district in Lima. It is located approximately 35 minutes from the International Airport of Lima.
Transfer to/from airport can be arranged by the hotel, or added to reservation during the booking process.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Take a tour of Barranco, the artistic heart of Lima. Visit the museum of Pedro de Osma, the works of Mario Testino at MATE, Las Pallas Art Gallery
• Tours to museums
• Culinary discovery
• Visit Larcomar, shopping centre in Lima, 2 blocks from the hotel
• Belmond Miraflores Park has welcomed famous guests throughout its history: from world-class signers like Sir Paul McCartney, Jennifer Lopez to world’s leaders such as the Secretary-General of the United Nations, USA President Bill Clinton and European royalty.
Children are invited to view fun movies on the second floor, above the bar. Complimentary snacks are offered, including popcorn and cookies. Also, family fun surrounded by nature just outside the hotel or visit Sariri, our pet turtle.
• Number of suites: 89
• 9 City View Junior Suites (45m2): Located on floors 5, 6 and 7
• 8 City View Club Junior Suites (45m2): On floors 3, 8 and 9
• 3 Garden Junior Suites (45m2): On the 4th floor
• 32 Ocean View Junior Suites (45m2): On floors 4, 5, 6 and 7
• 22 Ocean View Club Junior Suites (45m2): On floors 3, 8 and 9
• 4 City View Deluxe Junior Suites (60m2): On floors 4, 5, 6 and 7
• 2 City View Club Deluxe Junior Suites (60m2)
• 4 Ocean View Deluxe Junior Suites (45m2)
• 2 Ocean View Club Deluxe Junior Suites (45m2)
• 1 Terrace One Bedroom Suite (120m2): 10th floor. City view.
• 2 Presidential Pool Suites (240m2): 10th floor. Ocean view
Restaurants & Bars
• Tragaluz Restaurant & Lounge
A wide choice of international dishes with a focus on Asian, Mediterranean and Peruvian flavours. Innovative cocktails and snacks served on the elegant terrace. 1st floor. (L Mon-Fri 12:30-15:00, Sat and Sun 12:30-16:00 D Sun-Wed 19:00-22:30, Thu-Sat
• The Observatory Restaurant
Daily buffet breakfast with spectacular ocean views. 11th floor. (Mon-Sat 6:30-10:00, Sun 6:30-10:30)
• Belo Bar
A contemporary bar offering light fare and an extensive menu of innovative cocktails. The bartender specializes in pisco sours and can invent a new blend at guests’ request. 1st floor. (Mon-Sun 10:00-1:00)
• Fitness Center (6:00-22:00)
The hotel offers a modern fitness centre, ideal for those that wish to keep fit during their stay
• Rooftop outdoor heated infinity pool (Mon-Sun 6:00-22:00)
Enjoy a refreshing swim in our heated rooftop pool, with breathtaking views of Lima and the Pacific Ocean. Perfect for adults and children, the pool measures 17x5m (55x16ft) and is 1.6m (5ft) at its shallowest and 2.2m (7ft) at the deep end.
• Zest Spa: Available to guests and non-guests (Mon-Sat 10:00-22:00, Sun and holidays 10:00-19:00)
• Jogging, stretching & yoga classes
Start the day calm, collected and revitalised. Our expert, bilingual staff will guide you through stretching, breathing exercises, jogging, yoga and meditation. Available 6:30-7:30am Monday to Friday, reservations are required.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Whether a board meeting or a formal dinner, a multilingual conference or a glamorous wedding, the hotel offers eight elegant function rooms ideal for any event.
• Salon Copacabana (300 people)
• The Observatory (150 people)
• Salon Pacífico (130 people)
• Salon Park (130 people)
• Salon Acacias (60 people)
• Directorio I (22 people)
Extra Notable Features
Executive Lounge Located on the 10th floor. Open 24 hours a day; service hours 6:30-22:30.
F&B service: Hot breakfast, afternoon tea, light lunch and cocktails at night. Other services: Private concierge, daily newspaper, WiFi.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choice Awards 2017 – “Top 25 Hotels-Peru”- # 5Top Hotel.
World Travel Awards – 2017 “Peru’s Leading Hotel Suite- Presidential Pool Suite”
World Travel Awards – 2017 “Peru’s Leading Hotel”
Condé Nast Traveler (US) – Readers’ Choice Awards 2017 – #21 in the “Top Hotels in South America”
Condé Nast Traveler (US) – Readers’ Choice Awards 2016 – #12 in the “Top 15 Hotels in South America”
World Travel Awards – 2016 “South America’s Most Romantic Resort”
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choice Awards 2016 –“Top 10 Hotels – Peru – #9 Top Hotel”
Condé Nast Traveler(US)-Readers’ Choice Awards 2015–#19 in the “Top 25 Hotels in South America”.
World Travel Awards-2015 “South America’s Most Romantic Resort”
Travel + Leisure’s-World’s Best Awards 2015–#1 in the “Central & South America City Hotels”.
Travel+Leisure’s-World’s Best Awards 2015–#58 in the “Top 100 hotels”.
Trip Advisor–Travellers’ Choice Awards 2015–“Top 25 Hotels-Peru”-# 13 Top Hotel.
World Travel Awards–2014 “South America’s Leading City Hotel”
World Travel Awards–2014 “Peru’s Leading Hotel Suite-Presidential Pool Suite”
Travel+Leisure–World’s Best Awards-#10 in the “Top City Hotel in Central and South America”.
Trip Advisor–Travellers’ Choice Awards 2014–“Top 25 Hotels in Peru”-# 13 Top Hotel.
World Travel Awards – 2013 “South America’s Leading City Hotel”
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choice Awards 2013 – “Top 25 Best Hotels in South America”- # 12 Top hotel.
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choice Awards 2013 – “Top 25 Luxury Hotels in South America”- # 09 Top hotel.
Trip Advisor – Travellers’ Choice Awards 2013 – “Top 25 Best Hotels in Peru”- # 03 Top hotel.
Number of employees