Av. Beira Mar 1885, 45807000 Santo André, Bahia,
Privately owned by Dr. Christian Hirmer
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Dr. Roger Kalab takes the role of the General Manager since 2015. He is the uncle of the Hotel owner, Dr. Christian Hirmer, and guarantees as a family member that the spirit and philosophy of Campo Bahia stays alive.
5 Star Luxury
Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Brazilian Luxury Travel Association
History & Story
Formerly the exclusive retreat of the German football team during the 2014 World Cup, Campo Bahia
Hotel is a collection of grand villas. Founded by Christian and Christiane Hirmer, german entrepreneurs and owners until today.
Date added extensions
November 2016 Launch of Campo Bahia Spa by L’occitane
Campo Bahia Boutique
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Barefoot Luxury at its best.
The feeling is as if you were in a house by the sea, with absolute privacy. Located on an extensive strip of sand, the development has an intimate setting in fourteen villas – ground and upper floors, which blend Brazilian and international design, surrounded by native flowers, coconut trees, and peaceful waters.
The Campo Bahia Hotel is in the village of Santo André, 27 km south of Porto Seguro, in Bahia. There are miles of beaches and vast coconut tree plantations next to the sea that range from the mouth of the João de Tiba River to the mouth of the Santo Antonio River. On the other side of the João de Tiba river, but a few meters from the hotel, is the municipality of Santa Cruz Cabrália, the main gateway to quaint Santo André,
a fishing village of about 800 inhabitants.
Key sites/activities in the area
There are several leisure options available to guests, such as tours on the luxurious Dreamcatcher schooner on the sea or on rivers; visits to the Guaiú, Belmonte, and Canavieiras beaches, including the Jequitinhonha River delta; canoe, kayak, and stand up paddle rides; diving in corals; trekking through mangroves; bicycle rides; yoga, and a gym facing the sea. Relaxing on the paradisiacal beach of calm waters or enjoying the pool surrounded by sun loungers is an invitation to absolute idleness.
All the wood used is certified and comes from the Pará Amazon. The trees removed to build the development were replaced. A 100-m deep artesian well was built to irrigate the entire area. Special attention was paid to the high-quality architecture and furniture by using local products made with natural raw materials. Opened in 2014, the Campo Bahia Hotel hosted the German national soccer team, the World
Children of any age are welcome. We a special children’s corner by the beach for children up from 2 years. When we have a minimum of 10 children in the Hotel, we have special recreational activities.
Babysitter service is also available for the guest, upon request.
• Number of luxury rooms: 61
• Number of Villas: 14
– 4 Villas Ocara (Sea View) with 6 suites each
– 8 Villas Taba (Garden View) with 4 suites each
– 1 Villa Maloca (Pool view) with 5 suites each
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: yes
– Safe in all rooms
– American fridge in the living room
– Cable TV and WIFI
• Amenities in the room: L’occitane (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, soap)
– Special art collection: each one of the Villas features a different fine art artist
Restaurants & Bars
• The Caju Restaurant, ran by chef Caio Silva, offers sophisticated contemporary cuisine dishes, no matter the time of day. Always using herbs and vegetables coming from its own organic vegetable garden and fresh fish and seafood caught in the region and delivered daily.
• Champions Bar : this bar projected by Düsseldorf photo artists Andreas Gursky and Claus Föttinger bring art and football into symbiosis.
• Inaugurated last November, the L’Occitane Spa – the iconic French cosmetics brand – is a sanctuary of tranquility and revitalization for the body and the mind. Inspired by the Mediterranean art-de-vivre, the spa combines traditional therapies and authentic gestures with the power of natural ingredients and sensory textures. The L’Occitane Spa’s treatments for the body and face provide a true sensory experience for men and women, all aligned with the brand’s international protocols, as well as special rooms for massages for two, ideal for a relaxing, romantic weekend by the sea. Guests and non-guests alike can enjoy the treatments. The full-service menu includes baths, body scrubs, masks, body and face massages, all available at www.campobahia.com
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Conference Room : capacity for up to 70 people. Different layouts possible.
• Special menus and buffets for Events, prepared by Chef Caio Silva
• Special beverage packages for events
Extra Notable Features
• Yoga centre, front to the beach, designed by Spanish artist Juan Gopar
• State of the art Fitness Center with Technogym equipment with sea view
• Grill Garden
• Stand up Paddle
– Cooking class with Chef Caio Silva
Number of employees